Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
Well I'd hate to tell a medical professional I told you so, especially in this situation, but:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...virus-in-london

I know that, so far, the young seem to come through this fairly well. But I do not recall seeing any stats/specifics for newborns. Let's hope that newborns are as seemingly unaffected as young children. I would imagine, however, that it takes a bit of time after birth for the baby's immune system to ramp up. Jenny, you got any insights on such for us COR armchair MDs?

Old Post Mar-14-2020 11:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
I know that, so far, the young seem to come through this fairly well. But I do not recall seeing any stats/specifics for newborns. Let's hope that newborns are as seemingly unaffected as young children. I would imagine, however, that it takes a bit of time after birth for the baby's immune system to ramp up. Jenny, you got any insights on such for us COR armchair MDs?

Yea, all the stuff I've heard and read states that young people and children generally have nothing to worry about. There will be some of those in that demographic who die, but a lot fewer people than those who are elderly or have underlying health conditions. There's not much research on newborns really. There were a few cases in China; I think all of those women had caesareans. The midwife yesterday was adamant about us not taking any precautionary measures other than washing our hands. My partner was hoping for a note stating that she could work from home for these last two weeks before maternity leave to strengthen her case when she asked. But the midwife basically said you can keep doing everything you normally do. I understand she's in a tough position and doesn't want to panic people, but I was puzzled with some of her advice. She was seemingly getting defensive at one point and I just shut up. A bit of a shame because she was my favorite midwife we've dealt with up until that point. What do you think, Jenny? Are you dealing with any of this directly?

There's so much (mis)information out there. I found these two podcast conversations interesting:

https://samharris.org/podcasts/191-...ughts-pandemic/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3URhJx0NSw

It certainly seems the UK's response to the situation has been absolutely shocking. I guess time will tell whether they've done well or completely screwed the pooch, to say the least.

I'm sure others like Jack can comment more clearly and provide better insight as to what the hell is going on in this country. Why were we still filling up stadiums and hosting horse racing festivals this week?!

Old Post Mar-14-2020 11:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

It's our stiff upper lip getting in the way again.

I haven't seen any modelling of the spread of the virus so I can't really make an informed comment on what will end up happening. But I'm starting to think the enormous economic and social upheaval this thing is causing is going to be more damaging than the death of a very small percentage of people who contract it. How long can things stay in lockdown?

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Mar-14-2020 12:50  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

I've been privy to some of the 'front lines' of how the populace has been reacting (a small, out-of-the-way Pharmacy retail outlet), and it's been fascinating witnessing the wide range of reactions to this pandemic.

The disgruntled worker over having their long-planned Disneyland vacation cancelled, and is turning to conspiracy theories to justify it.

The home-remedy expert believing their raw garlic concoction will do better than anything else to prevent infection.

The lady who didn't get my Simpsons reference and wondered how my mind could get so sick as to suggest, after all the TP runs out, that people would start cracking people's heads open to feast upon the goo inside.

(~)

Old Post Mar-14-2020 13:20  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Sykonee is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

I haven't heard anything conclusive about pregnancy and newborns yet. There have not been enough cases yet to be of any statistical significance, and data/info is evolving. It does seem that children (I don't know what this means - how old/what age group?) don't get hit as hard by Covid-19, so that's a relief. My concern with a newborn catching any respiratory virus is their tiny airways. They just decompensate so quickly. That said, no you should not be doing everything you normally do, and not because you guys are particularly at risk, but because it's all about flattening the curve (Del posted a graphic in another thread, but basically slowing transmission of new cases of the virus so health systems/hospitals can manage the critically ill).

Social distancing is really important right now for that reason. Staying away from large gatherings, limiting meetings of 10 people or more, holding off on international travel, staying a metre away from people who are coughing, and so on.

I highly suggest following/paying attention to the Canadian news + response to this.

Last edited by Silky Johnson on Mar-14-2020 at 15:23

Old Post Mar-14-2020 15:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

In my clinical area, fortunately, I do not/will not deal with Covid-19 directly. It's business as usual for me, really. However, our organization has issued recommendations about restricting travel for work or personal, restricting meetings/gatherings, and screening/self isolation if we are returning from international travel. Also paid sick time for any shifts required off due to self isolation, if necessary.

There are now strict visitor restrictions as well, and since the start of this we have had thorough screening. We just set up a dedicated screening and assessment centre too, to help keep the ER unclogged.

Healthy people absolutely can manage this at home in self isolation. It's keeping the hospitals,clinics, etc. free to see and treat the vulnerable/target demographic that is of critical importance. People need to be able to get the care they need, and the people who provide the care need to be able to do it safely.

Last edited by Silky Johnson on Mar-14-2020 at 15:30

Old Post Mar-14-2020 15:22 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

Listerine. Listen to the ching chong virus expert.

Old Post Mar-14-2020 15:33  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Old Post Mar-14-2020 15:34 
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

My penis has been places. 99% germs gone. Windex for zits.

Old Post Mar-14-2020 15:36  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
I haven't heard anything conclusive about pregnancy and newborns yet. There have not been enough cases yet to be of any statistical significance, and data/info is evolving. It does seem that children (I don't know what this means - how old/what age group?) don't get hit as hard by Covid-19, so that's a relief. My concern with a newborn catching any respiratory virus is their tiny airways. They just decompensate so quickly. That said, no you should not be doing everything you normally do, and not because you guys are particularly at risk, but because it's all about flattening the curve (Del posted a graphic in another thread, but basically slowing transmission of new cases of the virus so health systems/hospitals can manage the critically ill).

Social distancing is really important right now for that reason. Staying away from large gatherings, limiting meetings of 10 people or more, holding off on international travel, staying a metre away from people who are coughing, and so on.

I highly suggest following/paying attention to the Canadian news + response to this.

There was a woman in Wuhan who gave birth while having the virus. The baby then got it. Too young for Listerine.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51395655

Old Post Mar-14-2020 15:39  China
OrangestO
–30–

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
But I'm starting to think the enormous economic and social upheaval this thing is causing is going to be more damaging than the death of a very small percentage of people who contract it.

It certainly looks that way. People have officially gone mad. I bounced around a few shops today and a lot of grocery shelves are starting to look bare. Long lines of disgruntled people everywhere. Delivery slots for food are unavailable for the foreseeable future. You can't even buy toilet roll on Amazon anymore without paying a fortune and waiting weeks for delivery. My sister says it's the same where she lives in the States. Is everyone experiencing this in your parts of the world?

Old Post Mar-14-2020 15:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

quote:
Originally posted by Sykonee
The disgruntled worker over having their long-planned Disneyland vacation cancelled, and is turning to conspiracy theories to justify it.

One of my coworkers had a cruise planned...and she's still going through with it. No idea how many people will be on it but at this point I see those ships as just giant petri dishes for COVID-19.

A lot of people don't seem to grasp the fact that even if they personally will be fine (where "fine" means knocked on their ass with flu-like symptoms for a couple weeks) they could be walking around for days not even knowing they have it and giving it to anyone with the bad luck to get too close to them.

Old Post Mar-14-2020 16:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID Fun for everyone! I Need Some Help Please [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAttica - "Cyber Girl" (Mara Mix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread