Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Tracks that are more than a track, but an experience
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
LoveHate

Old Post Aug-05-2022 22:53  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

Eh, surely this is one of few Matt threads in which that track evidently does *not* belong

Old Post Aug-06-2022 14:16  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

Hastily -- and drunkenly -- posted BT's Mercury & Solace last night without reading the entire thread and deleted it after finding JEO already pointed it out. Shouldn't have deleted my post though. Anyway, I wrote about one's nostalgia for a record having a part in making it feel like an "experience" and find this one also does that for me. I love Paul Oakenfold's Creamfields compilation. So much nostalgia. It's always felt like an experience whenever I listen to it. I love this record specifically because it kicks the journey off after the intro on disc one.

Guess I'm a sucker for amazing vocals when I'm thinking of "experience" records.

Old Post Aug-06-2022 16:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian
Eh, surely this is one of few Matt threads in which that track evidently does *not* belong

His name brings it justice. We either love it or hate it

Old Post Aug-07-2022 03:15  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity Click here to Send Mattsanity a Private Message Add Mattsanity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Seems like the length of the tracks need to be more than 8 minutes to be an experience.

Anyways, this one is for sure was an experience especially when heard in a big room in the early 90's:

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Aug-08-2022 12:07  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

quote:
Originally posted by Trance-M
Seems like the length of the tracks need to be more than 8 minutes to be an experience.

Anyways, this one is for sure was an experience especially when heard in a big room in the early 90's:

I've always wondered how the full version would work in a set. The two halves are so different in tone and tempo, you're basically forced to either end with it as a big finale, or radically shift gears mid-set into something the audience may not have been ready for.

...well, if they weren't already familiar with the tune to begin with.

(~)

Old Post Aug-09-2022 01:06  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity
Supreme tranceaddict

Off topic but the Follow Me sample in DuMonde - Tomorrow is dope af.

Old Post Aug-10-2022 02:18  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity Click here to Send Mattsanity a Private Message Add Mattsanity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sykonee
I've always wondered how the full version would work in a set. The two halves are so different in tone and tempo, you're basically forced to either end with it as a big finale, or radically shift gears mid-set into something the audience may not have been ready for.

...well, if they weren't already familiar with the tune to begin with.

When mixed it's more like this at 57 minutes, how I remember it, they played the full 12 minutes between up tempo tracks and the first part worked like a long intro. Since many tracks had long intro's it fitted well in my opinion:
https://www.1001tracklists.com/trac...html#tr_41jdcl5

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Aug-10-2022 06:37  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djthunderbird
welcometoESTonia

Ok Guys, I got another one

Laurent Garnier - Tales from the Real World

Beautiful, ethereal, melodic, warm, open loops modulating against each other. This is the definition of EPIC or a big night out. It is definitely up there with Laurent Garnier's best work. Its quite unfathomable really how consistent he has been over the years. Its even more unfathomable how little exposure this tune has gotten since its release a few months ago. I mean, it sounds so good, it should be bloody everywhere!

Apparently You can only listen to a bbc rip on the youtube or buy the MP3 from hardwax (I did!)

check out:
dtb.planet.ee <-- A couple of my mix cd-s (Deep House & Progressive with a trancy touch

Old Post Aug-18-2022 19:39  Estonia
Click Here to See the Profile for djthunderbird Click here to Send djthunderbird a Private Message Add djthunderbird to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity
Supreme tranceaddict

It's another formulaic trance track but I feel like this is an exception to the rule

Old Post Sep-01-2022 16:28  South Korea
LoveHate

quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian

i'm sure you experienced something while listening to that.

Old Post Sep-01-2022 17:23  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LiveTheDream
Senior tranceaddict

Last edited by LiveTheDream on Sep-19-2022 at 00:16

Old Post Sep-19-2022 00:09  England
Click Here to See the Profile for LiveTheDream Click here to Send LiveTheDream a Private Message Add LiveTheDream to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Tracks that are more than a track, but an experience
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPedro Delgardo - Jam (Original Mix) [Yin Yang] [YYR 002] [2008] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBismark - "Reactivate" (Trasp 1 Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread