Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Post your remastered/re-released tracks here...
Pages (20): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

I always thought "It's My Turn" was an original (or 'original') production.

("Remix of Change from the album 'Out Of The Woods'. The song went on to be re-written by Angelic as 'It's My Turn'.")

Old Post Dec-20-2021 09:25  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian
I always thought "It's My Turn" was an original (or 'original') production.

("Remix of Change from the album 'Out Of The Woods'. The song went on to be re-written by Angelic as 'It's My Turn'.")

People usually have a vendetta against the full-on vocal version but they're usually longer and have more elements to it for lack of better words. The only exception are two tracks that are identical with 1 version having the vocals slapped onto it.
Nothing against the Angelic dub since both are belters.

Old Post Dec-26-2021 14:41  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity Click here to Send Mattsanity a Private Message Add Mattsanity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

I think this is a new development (although not the first time they appear in download stores, and not with a complete discog): Forensic Records on Bandcamp.

-

Remixes by Satoshi Tomiie and Blackwatch of Urban Dwellers' Lover Man here (but prog heads might already know this for ages).

-

Hooj Choons on Bandcamp is new to me, too ("We haven't included Airtight / Prolekult / Lost Language, as it would be too much, but we'll get round to them before long.")

-

Lots of Lee Coombs remixes including unreleased and previously vinyl-only ones here.

Last edited by Midlothian on Dec-27-2021 at 11:52

Old Post Dec-27-2021 11:19  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

Old Post Jan-03-2022 16:10  Netherlands
Camwin
STICKMAN

I ALSO LIVESTREAMED
THE LAST FLIGHT - PROGRESSIVE HOUSE/TRANCE

Old Post Jan-08-2022 03:31  New Zealand
Click Here to See the Profile for Camwin Click here to Send Camwin a Private Message Visit Camwin's homepage! Add Camwin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian
Hooj Choons on Bandcamp is new to me, too ("We haven't included Airtight / Prolekult / Lost Language, as it would be too much, but we'll get round to them before long.")

You rather slow played this Hooj news, old chap. There's a few things I immediately see on there that are bafflingly missing from their Beatport catalogue (Tata Box Inhibitors - Freet, Salt Tank - The White Isle EP), but the most interesting news for me is that it sounds like we finally get a digital version of Andy Ling - Fixation that's in motherfucking stereo!

In other Andy Ling news, some of his older releases have also quietly turned up on Northern Exposure Recordings on Beatport - the idiots dated the releases as 1996 and 1998 so they don't even show up on the label's front page under Latest Releases. Includes Anuna (Part 2) which was a Sasha & Digger weapon circa late '97. Buyers beware though - I've bought a few things from this label and they often sound like wonky vinyl rips that drift terribly.

https://www.beatport.com/artist/andy-ling/4903/tracks

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Last edited by SYSTEM-J on Jan-08-2022 at 10:43

Old Post Jan-08-2022 10:38  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

Oops!

I thought NEXP had long disappeared again - interesting and certainly good Andy Ling news (or at least 'it's better than nothing'). The sample for another new one - the Parks & Wilson mixes of The Bell Song (NEXP 041) - don't sound too good: the Lakme Dub sounds muffled but ought to have a crisp kick.

I'm still recovering from the Rhythm Syndicate disappointment in this respect.

Old Post Jan-08-2022 16:43  Netherlands
Mainline
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
sounds like we finally get a digital version of Andy Ling - Fixation that's in motherfucking stereo!

Unfortunately not. Only the edited version is in stereo.

quote:

In other Andy Ling news, some of his older releases have also quietly turned up on Northern Exposure Recordings on Beatport -

https://www.beatport.com/artist/andy-ling/4903/tracks

Those releases are pretty poor quality too.

Old Post Jan-11-2022 21:40  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Mainline Click here to Send Mainline a Private Message Add Mainline to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GrimReaper
Relic of a past life

If only all digital releases of older tracks were given the same level of time and effort in actually remastering them from the start like what Oliver Lieb has done with his works for the remasters released on Solieb Digital. A few years ago bought a whole lot of his classic stuff from his Bandcamp. Improvements in sound quality are like night and day compared to the original releases.

quote:
Leslie Nielsen:
Doing nothing is very hard to do... you never know when you're finished.

Old Post Jan-30-2022 09:03  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for GrimReaper Click here to Send GrimReaper a Private Message Add GrimReaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

Innerself - Alive (Starecase Remix) recently released on Stress Back Catalog

Old & New Electronic Music Channel
Soundcloud Mixes

Old Post Jan-31-2022 05:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Syntonic Click here to Send Syntonic a Private Message Add Syntonic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

I can no longer find Choo Choo Records on Beatport and Junodownload, although they (still) exist on Traxsource, and there is a website of their own, very similar to Rhythm Syndicate's, where the discography is available (https://www.choochoorecords.co.uk/). Not sure if this is a new development or I just didn't know (at least as likely).

And a hard agree with GrimReaper, above. Oliver Lieb and also, recently, Roland Klinkenberg may serve as an example to many. Let's hope Barry Jamieson finally gets a ruddy move on with his Fluid 2 Music and does a great job with the Fluid files.

I suppose the big music selling platforms such as Beatport are monopolistically powerful and successful enough to not have to give shits about the quality of old stuff they stock (often temporarily, apparently...).

It ought to be compulsory for them, or for the label owners, to make it explicit when files are sourced from vinyl, and extremely bad-quality files ought to be rejected. Except it's not a sound business so one doesn't care.

Websites ought to write firmly voiced opinions about it, or something. Or maybe only the three of us really care.

Old Post Jan-31-2022 10:34  Netherlands
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Syntonic
Innerself - Alive (Starecase Remix) recently released on Stress Back Catalog

Not my favourite Starecase remix, I guess they were still finding their feet in '97. I already own it on the Zeitgeist compilation, but it would have been nice to see the Phoney Philosophy Mix available digitally in all its slap bass glory.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jan-31-2022 12:11  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Post your remastered/re-released tracks here...
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (20): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAnimated Rhythm - Persuasion [Chug N Bump] [2004] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackStel & Good Newz - "Particle" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread