Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > The story behind you and Ta
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
RedLunatik
Supreme tranceaddict

was searching for some trance vids
came across here

i believe my first post i asked where i could get some trance vids

Old Post Apr-25-2003 09:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for RedLunatik Click here to Send RedLunatik a Private Message Add RedLunatik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
leitline
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by pyro264jb
Ya, we met at John 00 or something before that at arc right?

truthfully, first we met at PVD at Roxy in November, then maybe at Armin at Roxy??? then at John 00. Now you've made me a liar when I said you remembered. lol

"Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes, is the answer."

Old Post Apr-25-2003 14:50  Dominican Republic
Click Here to See the Profile for leitline Click here to Send leitline a Private Message Add leitline to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lil lizzy
Senior tranceaddict

some kid in my school actually was wearing a tranceaddict.com shirt once...who it is I'll never know...but I love trance so i figured i would check it out

DOES ANYONE GO TO NYU HERE? lol...

Old Post Apr-25-2003 21:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for lil lizzy Click here to Send lil lizzy a Private Message Add lil lizzy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
roysoro1515
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Srezic
I started in a similar way:

Some kid made me listen to this track "Sasha & DJ Dado - Rave Megamix" and I liked it (this was like 2 to 3 years ago). I didn't really dload much then, but one day I was looking through my mp3s, and found that song and listened to it again, and was like "i gotta find more" so i searched napster, google, etc... for Rave and Sasha, which lead me to more things, namely Trance. And when i used trance as a keyword, it brought up tranceaddict.com =)

So I can gladly say that I found TA by myself, heheheh =).

Amit was also one of the first I talked to. And it was a fluke. I thought I knew him, because I had met a different Amit in some class I took over the past summer, and at that time he had a picture of a MD Terrapin as his avatar, so I thought it was the same guy. Well, i was very wrong about Amit. But, because of that I got to know lots more people.

~Ryan

heh i think i mainly found the site when i was on napster and and tranceaddict was in the ID....but Srezic by chance did you goto seneca valley?.....

(edit)... http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=203377#post203377 ahh my first post...i registered sep 10 2k1 the day before 9/11 and i remember i dl a gothic trance type song that freaked me out cuz of what happend and for some reason i stopped coming to the board until this past summer.....wow cant believe i rememberd that. and i cant believe how much my music preference has changed

lol sorry to bore you guys

Last edited by roysoro1515 on Apr-26-2003 at 00:24

Old Post Apr-26-2003 00:08  India
Click Here to See the Profile for roysoro1515 Click here to Send roysoro1515 a Private Message Add roysoro1515 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
b i n k u n
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by lil lizzy
some kid in my school actually was wearing a tranceaddict.com shirt once...who it is I'll never know...but I love trance so i figured i would check it out

DOES ANYONE GO TO NYU HERE? lol...

hm. actually....I do. i wasn't the kid in the shirt tho. wonder if i kno u...

anyway, i dl'ed a few sets/singles after seeing the website tagged to so many mp3s, then last summer got bored and started browsing the forums. So i registered..(on july 4th 2002...i obviously wasn't partying that day...)

Old Post Apr-26-2003 01:25  Taiwan
Click Here to See the Profile for b i n k u n Click here to Send b i n k u n a Private Message Add b i n k u n to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Srezic
Prog/House/Techno

quote:
Originally posted by roysoro1515
heh i think i mainly found the site when i was on napster and and tranceaddict was in the ID....but Srezic by chance did you goto seneca valley?.....

I dont quite understand what you mean. Seneca Valley High School? If thats what you mean, then no. I am from Columbia MD.

Old Post Apr-26-2003 04:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Srezic Click here to Send Srezic a Private Message Add Srezic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lil lizzy
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by b i n k u n
hm. actually....I do. i wasn't the kid in the shirt tho. wonder if i kno u...

anyway, i dl'ed a few sets/singles after seeing the website tagged to so many mp3s, then last summer got bored and started browsing the forums. So i registered..(on july 4th 2002...i obviously wasn't partying that day...)

i'm a junior...in cas econ major...you?

Old Post Apr-26-2003 14:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for lil lizzy Click here to Send lil lizzy a Private Message Add lil lizzy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Aya Brea
Design Evolved

i was searching for videos, and tranceaddict came up. i started browsing the forums a couple years ago, but didn't actually join till last year.

Old Post Apr-26-2003 20:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for Aya Brea Click here to Send Aya Brea a Private Message Visit Aya Brea's homepage! Add Aya Brea to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
occrider
Traveladdict

hmmm wow, this takes me way back. Let's see, well I first got into techno in early 2000 and I started going to Pittsburgh raves a lot because there were virtually no "techno" clubs. Back then I was a mess ... I was into DnB one month, happy hardcore (ashamed) the next, techno, hard house (via badboy bill), electro-breakz,psy-trance ... I was drunk off the underground scene. Then I believe my first introduction to "trance" was either Kimball Collins or DJ Micro, Pittsburgh was not a trance town and I had to travel to Buffalo to see them. I was hooked ever since ... did a google search for trance, and here I am today!

Then took a hiatus from tranceaddict in 2001 during two particularly drunken semesters, and resumed posting in full force in 2002! That could explain why my post count is so low considering I've been here a while.

Edit: I still dance like a stupid raver kid ... can't be helped, those are my roots. So if you see a skinny, short kid dancing like an idiot by the right bar area (facing the DJ) at Glow stop to say hi.
I think my first posting was to request a track listing of an early tiesto set ... innercity or something like that. I was a timid creature back then ... anyway that's my entire tranceaddict life history (yawn).

Last edited by occrider on Apr-27-2003 at 10:48

Old Post Apr-27-2003 10:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for occrider Click here to Send occrider a Private Message Add occrider to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ_Lord
Bittersweet Symphony

ah, hmmm, i think it was an mp3 id3 tag or something.. from napster heh napster owned!

Old Post Apr-27-2003 20:22 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ_Lord Click here to Send DJ_Lord a Private Message Add DJ_Lord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ_Lord
Bittersweet Symphony

good old days

Old Post Jun-17-2013 06:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ_Lord Click here to Send DJ_Lord a Private Message Add DJ_Lord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
david.sound
Techno Freak

Back then there was this Forum with links to rare trance music called RareMusicFinder (It's no longer living). A lot of TA members were active there and I found out about TA through them.

Last edited by david.sound on Jun-17-2013 at 07:31

Old Post Jun-17-2013 07:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for david.sound Click here to Send david.sound a Private Message Visit david.sound's homepage! Add david.sound to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > The story behind you and Ta
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRemix,remake or bootleg 2.... [2004] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJim TC Honywill & Naz feat. Mad M - "Savannah" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread