Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Bitcoin Mining
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ak87
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by idoru
You guys are no fun. You're supposed to support him knowing full well that it won't end well, then sit back and watch things fall apart.

Old Post Apr-01-2013 23:15  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ak87 Click here to Send ak87 a Private Message Add ak87 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
itsamemario
Divine Angel

http://www.independent.ie/business/...y-29175639.html

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/0..._ddos_analysis/

Ordered your mining rig yet?

This news is both bad and good. It shows a fault in the system, but it also goes to show it's becoming increasingly mainstream.

Old Post Apr-06-2013 21:26  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for itsamemario Click here to Send itsamemario a Private Message Visit itsamemario's homepage! Add itsamemario to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dj Nacht
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by itsamemario
http://www.independent.ie/business/...y-29175639.html

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/0..._ddos_analysis/

Ordered your mining rig yet?

This news is both bad and good. It shows a fault in the system, but it also goes to show it's becoming increasingly mainstream.

That's more of an internet fault than a Bitcoin fault. The framework of the currency is pretty solid, but it's impossible to eliminate stupid people from the equation. The system stabilized very quickly and things seem to be running fine. DDOS attacks are almost impossible to stop and that makes anything that runs on the internet vulnerable.

Nobody knows what's going to happen with Bitcoins, so I don't see anything wrong with dabbling around with 'em, just as long as you don't sell your house to buy a mining rig.

Old Post Apr-08-2013 02:10 
Click Here to See the Profile for Dj Nacht Click here to Send Dj Nacht a Private Message Add Dj Nacht to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lagrangian
Suspended User

apparently you can now hedge your bitcoin longs.

Ubuntu, My Fellow Pleiadians, Ubuntu!

Old Post Apr-09-2013 11:02  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Lagrangian Click here to Send Lagrangian a Private Message Add Lagrangian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lagrangian
Suspended User

why wouldn't it go well? you guys are stupid, why i even bother to roam around these places is beyond me...tradition or habit?

Ubuntu, My Fellow Pleiadians, Ubuntu!

Old Post Apr-09-2013 11:03  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Lagrangian Click here to Send Lagrangian a Private Message Add Lagrangian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

quote:
BITCOIN, a "cryptocurrency" that has all the financial world talking, has had a crazy few days. Bitcoins have always been volatile, but over the past week the currency went on a tear, rising to close to $300 dollars

http://www.economist.com/blogs/free.../exchange-rates

Wow.

I could have had an extremely large amount of money had this been a year ago.

Old Post Apr-11-2013 22:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

quote:
Originally posted by Lagrangian
why wouldn't it go well? you guys are stupid, why i even bother to roam around these places is beyond me...tradition or habit?

Well why don't you fuck off then? Jesus get over yourself.

Old Post Apr-12-2013 00:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Well why don't you fuck off then? Jesus get over yourself.

yeah, how much cock does he suck?

in more bitcoin hilarity, mt gox (the biggest trading site IIRC)ceased trading for 12 hours after the price plunged. free market woohoo!

Old Post Apr-12-2013 00:42  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for pkcRAISTLIN Click here to Send pkcRAISTLIN a Private Message Add pkcRAISTLIN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dj Nacht
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
yeah, how much cock does he suck?

in more bitcoin hilarity, mt gox (the biggest trading site IIRC)ceased trading for 12 hours after the price plunged. free market woohoo!

TOKYO - JAPAN - April 11, 2013

Hi everyone, just a quick update on the situation and what happened last night.

First of all we would like to reassure you but no we were not last night victim of a DDoS but instead victim of our own success!

Indeed the rather astonishing amount of new account opened in the last few days added to the existing one plus the number of trade made a huge impact on the overall system that started to lag. As expected in such situation people started to panic, started to sell Bitcoin in mass (Panic Sale) resulting in an increase of trade that ultimately froze the trade engine!

To give you an idea of how impressive things were here are some numbers that we would love to share with you guys:
- The number of trades executed tripled in the last 24hrs.
- The number of new account opened went from 60k for March alone to 75k new account created for the first few days of April! We now have roughly 20,000 new accounts created each day.

Due to these facts we have been busy working on improving things since last week and our team has been working around the clock to improve Mt.Gox to catch up with the demand. We will continue to release several updates today and in the coming few days to improve our system overall performance.

Also please note that we may have to close the exchange for two hours in the next 12 to 24hrs to add several new servers to our system.

Thank you for your understanding and continuous support!

Regards
Mt.Gox Co. Ltd Team.

Old Post Apr-12-2013 18:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for Dj Nacht Click here to Send Dj Nacht a Private Message Add Dj Nacht to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
itsamemario
Divine Angel

I find it a little humorous that after the creation of this thread, at least three new stories regarding Bitcoins have I read about in my BBC phone app. First the DDOS market crash, then the Mt.Gox thing, now a third, and double, one appears? Mt.Gox had to close down again, but this time it was due to an attack, a hefty one even at that. But wait, I scroll down and there's more.. Bitcoin stealing machine sounds way better than phishing script, but I kept on reading. Apparently one one person had fallen for it, or would at least [word] to that publicly, and he lost 34 bitcoins. He had fallen for an email that said they were gonna start offering LiteCoins in addition to regular BitCoins and you had to download an exe update, which basically just patched the BC software to send all the money away.

I mean, it's only natural that attacks like this happens when there are surges of new members, and attacks again give greater exposure leading to even more new members, given the attacks aren't too great.
Nonetheless, I can't remember seeing anything relating to Bitcoin, apart from a few articles that mentioned TOR but mainly in passing, and I check the BBC News app pretty regularly. So it's fun to see someone makes a thread about Bitcoins and the whole system subsequently the whole system goes to shit.
The COR is like a Midas hand of feces.

Edit:
Here's the article if anyone's interested: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22120833
I do however feel that my rendition more than adequately summarized the content of the account.

Last edited by itsamemario on Apr-13-2013 at 01:38

Old Post Apr-13-2013 01:31  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for itsamemario Click here to Send itsamemario a Private Message Visit itsamemario's homepage! Add itsamemario to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

*BUMP* for lulz

Wonder if OP is currently shopping for a new yacht?

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Feb-22-2021 02:08  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spacey Orange
Hypnautic Beats Addict

Lagrangian is probably reading this from his golden toilette laughing while his Thai houseboy waits nearby to wipe his ass with silk wipes.

Still up:1:2

Down:3:4:5

Old Post May-09-2021 02:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Spacey Orange Click here to Send Spacey Orange a Private Message Add Spacey Orange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Bitcoin Mining
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrack 1, please ID [2007] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCosmos - "Take Me With You" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread