Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 325
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
szm
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
i wanted to become a strip club DJ

same, except specifically for disabled strippers.

Old Post Jul-31-2021 23:20  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for szm Click here to Send szm a Private Message Add szm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

Yard work consumed my Saturday, culminating in the death of my favorite weed eater, unfortunately. Up early today for CISSP CPE credits then Sunday house chores. We had a thunderstorm about 1:00 AM this morning that had some of the craziest lightning I've seen in probably a decade. Mostly cloud to cloud, fortunately.

EDIT: anyone seen this? https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/07/review-the-green-knight-weaves-a-compelling-coming-of-age-fantasy-quest/

Last edited by Zoso on Aug-01-2021 at 12:29

Old Post Aug-01-2021 11:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Back into heavy lockdown, yay...

Do the restrictions there feel heavy-handed to you? If I understood correctly, you can't leave your home unless it's for something really essential, and they're deploying unarmed military personnel to help enforce the lockdown at least in Sydney. I know Australia's quite strict with many things, but looking from the outside and relying solely on news, the means seem almost draconian.

Edit: Then again, I secretly hope we'd do the same to contain this thing and force-vaccinate, if necessary, even the most stubborn of anti-vaxxers here.

Old Post Aug-01-2021 22:32  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

I put together a home server for the sole intention of data backups. It has like 16TB...I use like a couple hundred gigs for document and pic backups. I'm too lazy to back anything up now that it is setup.

Is it the weekend yet???

Old Post Aug-02-2021 18:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Today as we strolled, buzzed, through our hood to walk to the store, I said "Happy Sunday!!" to one of our neighbours, to which my husband responded "It's Monday. "

Happy Sunday 2.0 errbody!

Old Post Aug-02-2021 22:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by JEO
Do the restrictions there feel heavy-handed to you? If I understood correctly, you can't leave your home unless it's for something really essential, and they're deploying unarmed military personnel to help enforce the lockdown at least in Sydney. I know Australia's quite strict with many things, but looking from the outside and relying solely on news, the means seem almost draconian.

Edit: Then again, I secretly hope we'd do the same to contain this thing and force-vaccinate, if necessary, even the most stubborn of anti-vaxxers here.

The lockdown is pretty harsh, but ultimately it's necessary. Yes, we're only allowed to leave the house for essential reasons like healthcare, grocery shopping (including booze, lol), or exercise, and only within 10km of your house if possible. No visitors allowed in homes either.

With such a low rate of vaccination here (our government completely dripped the ball on the vaccine roll-out), outbreaks of the delta variant like what we're seeing in Sydney and now Brisbane could turn very bad very quickly. We don't have the military thing here like in Sydney (and it's worth noting -- they're not armed, they're just assisting the police force with manpower to allow them to spread further across the city), but if things get bad enough, it wouldn't be any different in Brisbane. The army gets used for a lot of things in Australia, disaster relief being one of them, which is essentially what the COVID situation is.

Last edited by Sushipunk on Aug-03-2021 at 03:02

Old Post Aug-03-2021 02:56  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Re: Friday 325

I bought my first TV. I went all in and got one of those 75" juggernauts. Funny thing is, we bought it to lure my mother-in-law after the pandemic, but I can't stop watching the Olympics now, heh.

Brazil is not doing spectacularly well, but we're not too bad either. I guess it keeps the excitement when we win, heh.
quote:
Originally posted by Lews
So I absent-mindedly hit my external hard drive with my foot and it fell over and is now broken, apparently? Fun times. Being extremely intelligent and holding a PhD from a prestigious university, I, of course, have no back up. Oops.

I feel your pain. I heard so many horror stories when I was a PhD candidate that I now have a couple of online hosting services syncing all the files in my external hard drives, in case they fail on me (or if the internet connection acts up, not an uncommon occurrence here).
quote:
Originally posted by JEO
Then again, I secretly hope we'd do the same to contain this thing and force-vaccinate, if necessary, even the most stubborn of anti-vaxxers here.

I'd settle for less. As long as our president stops stoking the fire saying the vaccine may turn Brazilians into alligators and claiming chloroquine and ivermectin can do a better job, I'll be a happy panda. Or a happy alligator.

Last edited by Lira on Aug-03-2021 at 05:18

Old Post Aug-03-2021 05:11  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
The lockdown is pretty harsh, but ultimately it's necessary. Yes, we're only allowed to leave the house for essential reasons like healthcare, grocery shopping (including booze, lol), or exercise, and only within 10km of your house if possible. No visitors allowed in homes either.

That wouldn't change my life in any way, so it sounds pretty reasonable to me. On social media though you can quickly form a different picture of it. Lots of shady information spreading regarding the situation there right now.

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
I'd settle for less. As long as our president stops stoking the fire saying the vaccine may turn Brazilians into alligators and claiming chloroquine and ivermectin can do a better job, I'll be a happy panda. Or a happy alligator.

Yeah.. I guess I should be happy for the relatively good situation here, but it does annoy me that, with slightly harsher restrictions, slightly smarter preparation and border control, and without some stunningly stupid, easily preventable mistakes, I think we could have far fewer cases, far more people vaccinated, and far fewer people protesting restrictions and vaccinations. The longer this drags, the more people are turning to the dumber side of this thing.

Old Post Aug-03-2021 11:31  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 325
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNow the file works: Gecoverte Titelmelodie von "Ein Fall für Zwei " [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJoi feat. way out west - Asian Vibes (Way Out West Remix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread