Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > C0r Parents Thread: Yes, It's Come to This
Pages (44): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

What if I press 3 to repeat the recording? Lololol

Old Post Feb-13-2018 12:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
What if I press 3 to repeat the recording? Lololol

Well, if you are the only one that has to read/hear it, I'd say that's just fine. If the entire COR has to endure it again, they might just make Ted Promo mod and banninate me for a few weeks.

Old Post Feb-13-2018 12:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Moral Hazard
Oppressing the 99%

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
inb4 Ted Promo and IGK

Little man is doing great, but the breastfeeding has been tough. Seems like every position we try he doesn't want to latch on. We are trying to use a hand pump for the rest of her colostrum.

Trying to help my wife as much as possible, a lot of responsibility is on her but I'm trying to fill the gaps. Definitely going to need something to help with those short nights of sleep. It's already amazing though, he's so adorable and I never thought I'd feel that feeling of awe until I held him.

Despite lots of trying and several visits to a lactation consultant my eldest never latched. We ended up getting an electric double pump and bottle fed her. If you have to give up on trying to breast feed I highly recommend the double electric pump. Generally, my wife would pump while I fed and it worked great.

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
lol, i love it when moral feels the need to lay the smack down

Old Post Feb-13-2018 13:04  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Moral Hazard Click here to Send Moral Hazard a Private Message Add Moral Hazard to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Lolol double pumping. When I do it I look like a tit pumping fembot.

Our baby never really took to the bottle. Seemed more important in the beginning when I was experiencing all the massive life changes at once, but now I don't even care. I have freedom at night because she is a great sleeper, so whatever.

She never took a pacifier either, which sucked in the early days when she really needed it, but again, now I don't care and am actually glad for it. She never developed any negative sleep associations because of it.

Breastfeeding well was/is way more important to me than the temporary loss of freedom due to not being able to leave her for long periods with another caregiver.

Old Post Feb-13-2018 14:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

He will latch and suck for 30-60 seconds but then unlatch and it's hell for my wife's nipples. The lactation consultant actually recommended a quick bottle of formula just to give her a break. She was all torn up over it because she felt like a failure of a mother but that couldn't be further from the truth. Lots of women have trouble in the early stages of breastfeeding and it's more uncommon to feed every single meal from the breast.

I personally think it's just trouble during the colostrum stage since it's hard work to get and the payoff is very little. Once her milk comes in I think they will both have an easier time because there will be much more of it and he will be more interested and won't have to work as hard. I'm just hoping that she doesn't blame herself for having to resort to formula briefly.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Feb-13-2018 20:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

They are also both learning how to do it, and colostrum doesn't just pour out of the boobs. This is why it's important to keep at it. I'm actually surprised she'd recommend a bottle of formula, that's counter to pretty much everything known about the dynamics of breastfeeding. It's supply and demand, so the more time the baby spends at the breast, the faster her milk will come in. Also, the mechanics of suckling at the breast are totally different than sucking an artificial nipple (which is why pacifiers and bottles are discouraged until milk supply is well established). Her nipples should not be sore (ok maybe a bit of tenderness, but not pain). Sore nipples = not a good latch.

Seriously, watch the videos I linked.

This is Jack Newman teaching how to get the most ideal latch (sorry about the gross boob, can't do anything about that, lol):

Any mother would feel like that though, I would have! Breastfeeding is HARD.

Was your boy assessed for tongue tie?

Last edited by Silky Johnson on Feb-13-2018 at 21:45

Old Post Feb-13-2018 21:38 
ziptnf
Programming your future

His tongue is fine but her nipples are so chafed and chapped from latching on and off all day and night that they recommended giving him some formula just to give her a break. I guess different lactation consultants have different opinions or processes. She's going to continue breastfeeding she is just pumping in the meantime. Idk I'm not worried.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Feb-13-2018 21:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Well hope it all goes well. Whatever happens, bottom line is she will be doing whatever she has to to nourish your babe, and that's all that matters!

Old Post Feb-13-2018 21:55 
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

My gawd...the COR has truly come full circle - we've gone from threads about eating pills to eating breast milk.

The end...it is nigh!

Old Post Feb-13-2018 22:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

I take a pill every morning!

A maternal vitamin.

Old Post Feb-13-2018 22:52 
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
I take a pill every morning!

A maternal vitamin.

I thought you were going to say a birth control pill...which I would kindly point out is NOT working.

Old Post Feb-13-2018 22:53  United States
Silky Johnson

Breastfeeding IS birth control, haha! And had I known I would lose so much weight so quickly because of it, I definitely would have gorged more during my third trimester, lol.

Old Post Feb-13-2018 23:35 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > C0r Parents Thread: Yes, It's Come to This
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (44): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPaul Oakenfold @ Kremlin 2000 <- probably wrong though [2002] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackWoodshokk - "Tulips & Chocolate" (G&M Project Remix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread