Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 2022 thread
Pages (27): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I wasn't talking to you.

EDIT: Oh, he deleted his post.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Last edited by SYSTEM-J on Jun-01-2022 at 18:36

Old Post Jun-01-2022 15:48  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I thought liking boisterous cartoonish music was all part of your zany persona.

I mean, as a rule of thumb, I like electronic music I can dance to, which by definition is precisely what EDM is supposed to do... but, for U$ 90, it'd better be a relentless 24-hour stream of bangers with no breathers whatsoever.

However, there are people in the lineup whose music would sound edgier in a collab with Ed Sheeran, and I'm too old already. If I'm going to take a nap listening to soothing music, I'd rather do it in a warm comfortable bed, not on a dancefloor drenched in the sweat of people half my age.

Old Post Jun-01-2022 17:29  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Whenever I see footage of these EDM confetti cannon shows they're just jumping up and down in the crowd, which I don't exactly consider as "dancing".

What's $90 in old money these days? Just over 60 quid? Sounds about right for a festival ticket.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jun-01-2022 19:13  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Whenever I see footage of these EDM confetti cannon shows they're just jumping up and down in the crowd, which I don't exactly consider as "dancing".

Yeah, and there's that

To be honest, I had just asked the kids here in my university to let me know whenever there was a rave party around, and this festival is all they've heard of in a couple of months. Resident Advisor has not spotted anything much better either. So, if my chances of dancing to full-on psy-trance in the woods are slim to none, then... I don't know... maybe I should give Black Tiger Sex Machine a chance?

I haven't made up my mind yet. I may well sit this one out if I feel I'm too old and tired for this kind of thing, heh.
quote:
What's $90 in old money these days? Just over 60 quid? Sounds about right for a festival ticket.

Does it? I don't think I've been out dancing much since I got married some 10 years ago, so I really wouldn't know... I just remember tickets back home used to be dirty cheap because of the exchange rate. I think the last big clob DJ I saw was Tiësto and I must've paid like what? 25 pounds? #ThirdWorldPerks #OldManYellsAtCloud

If that's the usual price, then I guess it's not as bad as I originally thought. Hmm...

Old Post Jun-02-2022 04:22  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

You're in Seoul? Amazing city. I used to hop on the metro and pick a random station. It's so easy to get lost for a weekend of debauchery. Even before I was into dance music, I found myself at a few underground parties that were super fun. Depends on your taste in music, though, I guess. From glancing at the RA listings I see there's a club that has upcoming psytrance and trance (vinyl) nights: https://ra.co/clubs/172778 Sounds like your cup of tea, no?

Old Post Jun-02-2022 06:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

I'm actually in Yongin, to be precise, a couple of hours away from Seoul, but I go there all the time because the university I'm at has a campus there too.

Thank you for the recommendation, I hate myself so much for not having seen it before. By sheer coincidence, I slept in Mapo-gu last night as I couldn't make it back home after the Brazil x Korea friendly... and, this club in Mapo-gu has a drum'n'bass party tonight.

I've been craving for a drum'n'bass night for such a long time, argh! But, yeah, the city is immense, and I'm becoming more adventurous now that I speak the language a bit better and finally got everything sorted here.

Where in Seoul were you? For how long?

Edit: Yeah, I wouldn't be able to make it today, too knackered to stay awke past midnight, but I'm stalking all these DJs on social media to make sure I'll catch them next time.

Last edited by Lira on Jun-03-2022 at 13:13

Old Post Jun-03-2022 10:35  Brazil
OrangestO
–30–

I was stationed an hour south at Camp Humphries nearly 20 years ago (can’t believe it’s been that long when I write it). Anyway, I spent so much time partying in Seoul that I didn’t see much else of the country, which I slightly regret now. I'd visit more of the beautiful natural sites if I were to visit today. One of my favorite trips was to Busan/Jeju in the south though. Definitely check those out if you haven’t already and have a beer on me

Old Post Jun-04-2022 04:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Cool, I had no idea! I thought Jay was the only one around here who had lived in Korea (well, and Elena, but she left TA for good a while back). I live kind of in the middle of the road between Camp Humphries and Seoul, just east of Suwon. I assume you slept in Seoul every time you partied there? It must've been like... 3 to 4 hours to get to the city?

And the locals also tell me not to get too Seoul-centric, so a month long tour around the country in the autumn is definitely on my plans. I'll most likely do it when my wife comes to visit me later this year, as she's the one who enjoys sightseeig the most

Old Post Jun-05-2022 13:02  Brazil
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

i used to live by the first bonsai tree

Old Post Jun-05-2022 23:26  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

Because the other hobos didn't let you sleep under Seongsu bridge.

Old Post Jun-06-2022 07:46  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

I wouldn’t share my ding dongs

Old Post Jun-06-2022 16:03  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
i used to live by the first bonsai tree

I'm sorry to tell you this, but that tree came down when a pack of wild North Korean squirrels felled it in an attempt to invade the South. Fortunately, their attack was thwarted by an emegency shipment of acorns, but your home is now a memorial to vicious rodent aggression.
quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian
Because the other hobos didn't let you sleep under Seongsu bridge.

That bridge also... well, never mind, they built a sturdier one anyway a while ago.

Old Post Jun-08-2022 04:45  Brazil

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 2022 thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (27): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackprog tune sasha and timo maas have been droppin [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDave Lambert - House In Play (Nobody Mix) [2006]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread