Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The 2022 Russian Invasion of Ukraine Discussion Thread
Pages (9): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I think this is the first time I've ever seen Lira drop the Ned Flanders routine and get mildly spicy.

Can't really see the anti-US sentiments in JEO's post though.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Oct-03-2022 18:42  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

Did you think I don't want Russia to collapse? My realistic estimate is that, because of how Russia has guided ethnic Russians to live in many areas to replace much of the area's native population, I don't see many of these areas having enough of the original population left to actually drive a meaningful change against the Russian population, as said here:

quote:
Originally posted by JEO
Realistically, I think there are one or two small areas that could break into their own independent countries, were there to be a total collapse. I don't think many of the areas that used to be something else than Russia have many non-Russians left there to drive this sort of change, but who knows?

What part of any of this is anti-US?

I can't believe I have to spell it out for you, but the "missing Putin" part has been a legitimate concern for a long time, especially in a situation where Russia won't disintegrate. People next to Russia have been waiting for his end for quite some time, but there's always been the fear of his successor being worse, too. Obviously I'm eagerly waiting for his ousting, but there's simply no telling how his successor will be, since there's substantial support for these hard-liners in Russia.

Last edited by JEO on Oct-03-2022 at 22:01

Old Post Oct-03-2022 18:46  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by JEO

I can't believe I have to spell it out for you, but the "missing Putin" part has been a legitimate concern for a long time, especially in a situation where Russia won't disintegrate. People next to Russia have been waiting for his end for quite some time, but there's always been the fear of his successor being worse, too. Obviously I'm eagerly waiting for his ousting, but there's simply no telling how his successor will be, since there's substantial support for these hard-liners in Russia.

I would say the only country which can stop Putin is Russia. Question is how and by whom and if the outcome is any better.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Oct-03-2022 20:40  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Oh, look who's spouting "anti-US shit" now. And missing Putin, really? Add quotes all you want, but if you're going to act all indignant, at least have some consistency.

Or better yet, just go back to posting unrelated YouTube videos to make yourself feel better. You're definitely in a position to judge Roger Waters' education, as shown here

Yesssssssss let the rage flow through you Lira.

Old Post Oct-03-2022 21:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

I feel as though I have experienced something special. I will continue to be a COR wh00r3. TA 4 LYFE! PLUR

Old Post Oct-05-2022 10:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Zak McKracken
The term Rus itself is interesting. I understand it means rowers originally from Sweden

Det finske navne for begge svenskerne og russerne er stadig lignende: ruotsalaiset og ryssät.

Hate both of them, but not equally.

Old Post Oct-07-2022 00:25  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Zak McKracken
I see the word might possibly originate from Roslagen, areas around the city of Stockholm ship building. Anyway I guess your hate is perfectly fine and you probably have a much better historic perspective on the rus compared to more western tales I was brainwashed with. I’d love to know why you hate the Swedes.

In school you actually probably got a more accurate picture of Russia and the Russians than some of our generations got during the Finlandization era. Not that that stopped them from getting a more accurate picture of Russia outside of school.

More of a brotherly love/hate thing with the Swedes. They did rule over us for centuries, but still didn't really leave any lasting damage. They just kind of made us a cheap copy of them. And to be honest, it's much more love than hate.

Old Post Oct-07-2022 11:06  Finland
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I'm more and more convinced that Russia has lost this war. Firing missiles at civilian targets in city centres in retaliation to the bombing of the Kerch bridge is so strategically futile it makes me think they've run out of options. According to the New York Times, the strikes aren't even being reported to the Russian public so there's no propaganda gain from them, while they're going to do nothing to actually weaken the Ukrainian war effort. It looks like nothing more than bitter spite.

Old Post Oct-10-2022 14:37  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by _Ocean_Drive_
I find the term 'tactical' nuke, an oxymoron. There is nothing 'tactical' about a nuke; it's a brute-force indiscriminate WMD.

Most/all of the people I know who study nuclear weapons and nuclear strategy for a living feel the same way.

Old Post Oct-12-2022 12:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
It looks like nothing more than bitter spite.

Agreed. It looks like an angry child throwing a fit.

Old Post Oct-12-2022 12:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

quote:
Originally posted by Syntonic
Now in recent decades you have people like George Soros who has tried twice I believe to cripple Russia’s economy buying up the currency and devaluing it.

hahahaha. i do so enjoy economics illiterates and their childish conspiracies. yeah dickhead, increasing demand reduces prices

grow up, loser.

Old Post Oct-18-2022 11:33  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for pkcRAISTLIN Click here to Send pkcRAISTLIN a Private Message Add pkcRAISTLIN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

So, in an extraordinary twist, the Wagner Group and Prigozhin have gone rogue and are carrying out what looks very much like an attempted military coup. Could this actually be the end of the war and even of Putin?

Prigozhin has been publicly humiliating and disparaging the Russian defence ministry for months, building himself up as a hero of the people in his public statements. Those actions looked remarkably brash at the time but has this been a long-running and carefully planned attempt to seize power?

Whatever happens next, Putin is not going to surrender power without a fight, but I'm wondering how much of the regular Russian army, largely conscripted with rock bottom morale, is actually going to prefer to fight for Putin than embrace Wagner and potentially the end of the war.

Old Post Jun-24-2023 09:47  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The 2022 Russian Invasion of Ukraine Discussion Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (9): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackUNKNOWN Mix of Everything But The Girl - Missing [2005] [4]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackF&W - You Will Understand [2006]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread