Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by Trance-M
That many parties imo also doesn't work. Over here we have 14 parties with enough votes to get a seat and the same problem. A coalition needs 76 seats of 150. The more parties needed the more trade to form a coalition, which in the end can mean voters don't see the results or program as promised as it's too much of a compromise.

Personally I believe 6-10 parties would work best. Enough choice for voters but still the obligation to listen to other parties in a coalition. That's imo the biggest problem with a two party system. They don't really need to listen to eachother and spend more time fighting eachother.
Althought our system looks like the UK's in reality it is very different. Over here we have coalitions for many years while the UK mostly there's only one party in charge.

Agreed. A Portuguese friend once mentioned there's a trade-off between representation (how many parties are in congress) and governance (how much compromise you need to rule), and the US and Brazil are in opposite ends of the spectrum. I guess the Netherlands would be somewhere between us and the middle of the spectrum, from what I understood.
quote:
Originally posted by Trance-M
Looking at the US it's strange to see that a president has so much power compared to other countries. If there would have been a coalition in the US I'm convinced there would have been re-elections or this disaster never would have happened.

The ideal system doesn't exist for sure.

Indeed.

Old Post May-04-2020 20:48  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

Phase 1 of reopening California starts this Friday. Lets see how this goes.

Old Post May-05-2020 19:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

youtube took down the u look like a gay music vid

Old Post May-06-2020 20:02  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

quote:
Originally posted by Dykes_on_Jay
youtube took down the u look like a gay music vid

Old Post May-06-2020 21:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

This is pretty fucking awesome, and if it's successful I imagine will have a profound impact on treatment/management and outcomes of ANY ICU patient at risk of SIRS. Really really huge news!!

https://globalnews.ca/news/6913313/london-research-coronavirus-treatment-dialysis/

Old Post May-08-2020 13:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
This is pretty fucking awesome, and if it's successful I imagine will have a profound impact on treatment/management and outcomes of ANY ICU patient at risk of SIRS. Really really huge news!!

https://globalnews.ca/news/6913313/...tment-dialysis/

Big news indeed. Does dialysis usually require the removal of blood? sorry, unfamiliar with the processes.

Old Post May-11-2020 19:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Yes, dialysis is removal and filtration of blood outside the body, in a nutshell. It is for patients with end stage kidney disease/whose kidneys can no longer perform this function.

Old Post May-11-2020 19:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

I guess it's time to start smoking:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10....5.05.20092015v2

https://www.qeios.com/read/FXGQSB

Old Post May-20-2020 13:28 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

I guess those 1950's TV doctors were telling the truth and it's time to give all those massive court settlements back to the big tobacco industry that was looking after us all along.

Old Post May-20-2020 15:20  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

our daughters private (pre)school is planning on reopening June 1st. They have what sounds like a good plan in place for limiting interaction with each "too many" other students, temp checks for students and parents, and bunch of other things. Most California public schools plan to reopen for Fall semester/quarters in August. I think we're planning on starting in July though.

My wife is still not working yet (but very close to) and she wants to enjoy a little extra quality time with her while we can. This quarantine thing has been a headache but it's a blessing in others ways. Most notably is the family time. Once we're back in the rat race that we call LIFE, we won't have this opportunity again. It'll be us parents barely seeing each other during the work week (i work very early and she gets home late).

Old Post May-21-2020 17:17  United States
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
our daughters private (pre)school is planning on reopening June 1st. They have what sounds like a good plan in place for limiting interaction with each "too many" other students, temp checks for students and parents, and bunch of other things. Most California public schools plan to reopen for Fall semester/quarters in August. I think we're planning on starting in July though.

My wife is still not working yet (but very close to) and she wants to enjoy a little extra quality time with her while we can. This quarantine thing has been a headache but it's a blessing in others ways. Most notably is the family time. Once we're back in the rat race that we call LIFE, we won't have this opportunity again. It'll be us parents barely seeing each other during the work week (i work very early and she gets home late).

Yea our summer school was suppose to start in June, but I think they are pushing it out to July. They have the temp checks, staggering play time/potty time and some other things. I am hoping we can send them in July...so much easier to schedule around when they are gone most of the day!

Old Post May-21-2020 21:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
Yea our summer school was suppose to start in June, but I think they are pushing it out to July. They have the temp checks, staggering play time/potty time and some other things. I am hoping we can send them in July...so much easier to schedule around when they are gone most of the day!

I love seeing my daughter every morning but man it's a distraction from work. I think I just need to win the lottery and retire forever!

Old Post May-22-2020 14:49  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPLEASE HELP: I need to ID this hot song ASAP [2002] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLuke Chable - "Melburn" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread