Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > JFC I'm 45 today! Discuss your midlife crisis and age-related problems, COR wh00r3s!
Pages (5): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
Well, the wife has finally been officially diagnosed as positive for COVID, no word on the variant, however. Nasty case of strep as well. She was never approved for any vaccine by her oncologist, so she is, unfortunately, toughing it out naturally. I just hope she doesn't get pneumonia. Her lungs are shot from the chemo and radiation. I got my third Moderna shot on 12/16, so I'm hoping that helps me avoid it altogether. Staying indoors and watching the world go by, slowly.

Damn, that's sad to hear.
Let's hope it's omicron, that one spreads more in the upper part of the lungs, doing less harm. But better is if she only gets some mild symptoms of course.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Dec-28-2021 21:58  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

Appreciate the well wishes, guys. She's doing okay...thus far. Her doctor called in an inhaler for her, which helped tremendously. She had a decent day yesterday, but not as good as the day before. I had a coworker who got it, and he did fine until the second week. Within a 12 hour window, he went from okay to admitted to the ER and damn near dying with pneumonia. He finally recovered, but he was on O2 for weeks. My biggest worries with the wife are her lungs and kidneys: her chemo regimen for multiple cellularity Hodgkin's Lymphoma damn near destroyed both, and the targeted radiation on the neck and throat area didn't help any. Then after all that, she was diagnosed with large cell arteritis (which is, via the Mayo Clinic: Giant cell arteritis is an inflammation of the lining of your arteries. Most often, it affects the arteries in your head, especially those in your temples. For this reason, giant cell arteritis is sometimes called temporal arteritis.

Giant cell arteritis frequently causes headaches, scalp tenderness, jaw pain and vision problems. Untreated, it can lead to blindness.). She had to take enough steroids for that shit that she was in early stage renal failure.

So, yeah, any time she gets sick with something, I turn into Mr. Panic Attack, lol. Of course, I try to confine that shit to my head so that I don't burden her with anything additional. On a good note, though, after work yesterday we brought all the canned goods up from the basement, wiped the tops down with diluted bleach/water, and put everything on a new shelf. We're good on mixed vegetables, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce for the first half of 2022, at least!

IMG-5190-Copy

Old Post Dec-29-2021 12:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Hoping for the best for you guys, Zoso. Your wife sounds like a pretty special and resilient lady. 🙏🏼

Old Post Dec-29-2021 12:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Hoping for the best for you guys, Zoso. Your wife sounds like a pretty special and resilient lady. 🙏🏼

She is, by far, one of the strongest humans I have ever had the honor of knowing. Both mentally and physically. And on top of that, she's a fabulous mother, wife, and nurse. I'm still trying to figure out why she "settled" for me, lol. I think it's my ritualistic Sunday house cleaning chores...

Old Post Dec-29-2021 12:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Demoted
hi!

I think it was your posts on tranceaddict that wooed her.

Old Post Dec-29-2021 13:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for Demoted Click here to Send Demoted a Private Message Add Demoted to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Demoted
I think it was your posts on tranceaddict that wooed her.

We have VERY different styles of humor, so it's probably best that she never reads a single forum post I've made on ANY forum, lol.

Old Post Dec-29-2021 13:59  United States
OrangestO
–30–

Genuinely hope positive vibes and energy go your way, Zoso. I'll try my best to summon them. All the best, brother.

Old Post Dec-29-2021 20:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

Thank you kindly, sir! She's having a pretty good day today. Tomorrow marks day 7, most likely, as she started showing symptoms last Thursday, and tested positive Friday. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I've had a number of people tell me they were okay until the second week. It's amazing what we, as humans, choose to focus on when assessing risk. The truth is, she's far more likely to die as the result of an automobile accident on her way to work or the grocery store, but he we are, hyper focused on a corona virus, lol.

Old Post Dec-29-2021 20:14  United States
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Not gonna lie, I considered all kinds of suspect easy money schemes when I was paying down my student debt. Never considered farts in a jar though.

the consequence

https://metro.co.uk/2022/01/04/90-d...lmetrouktwitter

Old Post Jan-05-2022 20:23  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

Take the $1,000 and send those wankers a tin of Surströmming instead, for a laugh.

Old Post Jan-05-2022 20:44  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

What does it taste like.. I like fermented foods but don’t like fish so have yet to try

Old Post Jan-06-2022 01:01  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

I like fresh foods, not the kinds that make me an esophageal missile launch pad

Old Post Jan-06-2022 08:54  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > JFC I'm 45 today! Discuss your midlife crisis and age-related problems, COR wh00r3s!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMatrix Sample [2002] [9]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPhynn - "Exotica" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread