Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 314: Make Friday Threads on Fridays Again!
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

Damn, JP, I'm so sorry to hear that. When we lived at the other house, on the dead end road, I used that for my jogging path for a long time, as one complete circuit was exactly a mile. Then some new people moved into the house at the end of the dead end, and they NEVER drove slowly or cautiously, and after them slipping up on me a couple of times, I stopped listening to music while jogging. Took me a while to get accustomed to that.

Old Post May-18-2021 11:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

The road where it happened has always had insane drivers on it, even to this day. Tragic but unsurprising. People get smoked all the time out that way.

Old Post May-18-2021 11:54 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Jenny, I'm really sorry to hear that. My coach was a professional cyclist and no longer rides outside because too many of his friends have been killed. I try to either ride in a group or on a route with enough driving and cycling space. But it's sketchy sometimes. I analyze all my routes prior to riding but there can still be sections with blind spots and curves. I'd rather ride my trainer in most situations, for safety reasons exclusively.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post May-18-2021 13:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

All good, appreciate it fellas. Was soooo long ago now, 26 years this August. But yeah, it's nuts how often it happens. :/

Old Post May-18-2021 13:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
All good, appreciate it fellas. Was soooo long ago now, 26 years this August. But yeah, it's nuts how often it happens. :/

I'm 44 and still have both my parents, who are now 74 and 68, which is hard to imagine. I've had them both active in my life for so long, I can't imagine what it would be like w/out them. Having raised two step daughters, I have seen first hand what a father's absence can cause, no matter the reason. You turned out to be a damned fine person, JP, so good on you for that.

Old Post May-18-2021 13:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ted Promo
NWO WOLFPACK INSANE

Old Post May-18-2021 14:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ted Promo Click here to Send Ted Promo a Private Message Add Ted Promo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Mr. Lira, you ask questions well. This is not news I know, just paying you a compliment.

Thank you. And it kind of is, actually, so I appreciate it
quote:
Originally posted by Trance-M
A town called Sevenum, close to Venlo and better known city Eindhoven.

Cool, I think we paid Eindhoven a visit when I was a kid! Always always got a chuckle out of North Brabant being in the South, hehe.
quote:
Originally posted by Trance-M
By the way, the blond host of the Eurovision Song Contest next week, Chantal Janzen also is from this area, Tegelen right below Venlo. Next to pretty and extremely talented she's also very funny, but I heard she'll only be able show a bit of funniness in the live final when Eurovision can't interfere any more. The three hosts have to follow strict guidelines.

Haha, so gutted last year's Eurovision was cancelled though. Really wanted Russia to win

I've yet to listen to all the entries this year though.
quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
I have abandoned running with headphones almost entirely, when running on roads I like to be heads-up. I need all my senses present to be able to both operate at a high level and stay safe. There are too many assholes out there to risk it. I've been swerved at, honked at, and many other dangerous interactions with motorists. As such with cycling, headphones are essentially forbidden.

Oh, I thought you were in some sort of controlled environment far from traffic. In this case, yeah, take care. It's already dangerous when we're doing everything by the book, let alone when we're distracted

Oh, and nice numbers!
quote:
My dad was hit by a car and killed while cycling.

I would never THINK of listening to music while out on my bike.

Sorry to hear that

And, yeah, the combo of listening to music and cycling on the road didn't even cross my mind either.
quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
My coach was a professional cyclist and no longer rides outside because too many of his friends have been killed. I try to either ride in a group or on a route with enough driving and cycling space. But it's sketchy sometimes. I analyze all my routes prior to riding but there can still be sections with blind spots and curves.

I know exactly what you mean. I used to cycle to work, but only got on my bike after I mapped out the safest route through the dedicated cycle paths here where I live (and they're even farther from the road than the pavement, so they're pretty safe). Even the guy who sold me the bicycle told me to think twice before riding on the road because of the high mortality around here. I'd actually get off and go on foot when I eventually had to cross a road because I could then use the pavement as the other pedestrians.

Still, my bicycle has so many lights candy kids would probably reach for me

Old Post May-18-2021 15:24  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Always always got a chuckle out of North Brabant being in the South, hehe.

The best thing about that is that Eindhoven is in the Zuidoost Noord-Brabant area of Noord-Brabant. But then I suppose not being 'West' is what would matter most to the Brabantians.

Old Post May-18-2021 15:33  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

I'm now entirely convinced Eindhoven was founded by Monty Python for a sketch

Old Post May-19-2021 18:10  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Haha, so gutted last year's Eurovision was cancelled though. Really wanted Russia to win

I've yet to listen to all the entries this year though.

Funny, according to the comments the interval act by our Davina Michelle was the best live performance of the show. Of course we're totally biased and she probably will be our candidate next year or the year after. Personally I think she has made better songs, but the performance was strong and live she beats Madonna easily
The visuals were great too.

Entire first semi final: https://youtu.be/jRIHdPDt6ew

By the way I gave 12 points to Cyprus even before they started singing and 11 points to Chantal for the parts there wasn't a dress.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post May-19-2021 20:27  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

She's got quite the voice! Oh, and Russia last year wasn't good in a musical sense (as Davine Michelle is), Little Big is more of a comedy act.

Anyway, this year I'm totally team Ukraine. It's pretty much a psy-trance track dialled down a bit not to scare the poor distracted babushkas watching Eurovision with their grandchildren

I'm also surprised Finland got Linkin' Park to play for them too. Bold move

Old Post May-20-2021 00:25  Brazil
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

If you need some epic ambient in your life, go here: https://www.youtube.com/user/stateazure/videos

Old Post May-20-2021 17:49  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 314: Make Friday Threads on Fridays Again!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID from Maria Mashkova's Open Sense [2010] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackThree n One - Sin City (Original mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread