Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Nina kraviz canceled for allegedly supporting putin
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

Is she still dating Ben Blockhead?

Old Post May-21-2022 14:25  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djthunderbird
welcometoESTonia

Behold, my arse.

Never seen her live, but I have watched a few sets online before and they packed a good punch. Not being afraid of trying out new sounds in a peak time set, even though the mixing sometimes suffered because of it, I think she does a good job at getting people in the crowd going and 'locked in' to her sound.

That being said, anyone who even remotely supports Putin or the chauvinistic expansive Russian Tsarism can FUCK RIGHT OFF. If she is unable to renounce that murderous regime, she should spend the rest of her dj'ing career performing in remote corners of Russia.

If there is ever a black or white situation, then this is it. Everything Putin and his comrades stand for is a lie based upon more lies.

check out:
dtb.planet.ee <-- A couple of my mix cd-s (Deep House & Progressive with a trancy touch

Old Post May-22-2022 14:57  Estonia
Click Here to See the Profile for djthunderbird Click here to Send djthunderbird a Private Message Add djthunderbird to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

internet crapped out during my previous post, will make this a spark notes version

quote:
Originally posted by djthunderbird
Never seen her live, but I have watched a few sets online before and they packed a good punch. Not being afraid of trying out new sounds in a peak time set, even though the mixing sometimes suffered because of it, I think she does a good job at getting people in the crowd going and 'locked in' to her sound.

she sux/her crowd sux/instagram dj/mixing shitty trance with shitty techno sux.

BLM couldn't cancel her, being russian and pro putin shouldn't be a surprise. can't see this effecting her negatively.

btw she sux

Old Post May-23-2022 02:51  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
idoru
You Can Call Me Al

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
This doesn't mean her DJing career is affected or she's lost any gigs.

https://ra.co/news/77305

Old Post May-23-2022 19:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for idoru Click here to Send idoru a Private Message Add idoru to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Plot twist!

I did see that and was going to share it in here, but I've been busy trying to scrape my brain up off the floor after the weekend. My original point was that any number of idiots on social media don't seem to understand what a distribution company actually does, and are assuming Kraviz has been blanket "cancelled", and obviously our resident intellectual LoveHate took the exact same line.

I think it's a bit weak that festival promoters have suddenly started dropping her in a "monkey see monkey do" reaction, which shows how vacuous and herd-mentality a lot of these type of gestures are. But Kraviz still has a stacked tour diary, and I would be very surprised if she gets dropped from every single event.

As for the actual issue, it's a tricky one. If she does live in Moscow then vocally opposing the war could bring the Russian government down heavily on her head. I wouldn't blame any Russian resident citizen for keeping quiet in the current climate, and I also don't remember British or American DJs having to publicly denounce the Iraq war back in 2003 in order to keep their gigs. However, there's also a definite whiff of evasiveness about her actions and her statement. The extremely vague pseudo-philosophising about determinism certainly suggests that Russia's actions were forced upon it by geopolitical currents, which is backdoor apologism and complete bullshit.

But then, left wing political idols like Jeremy Corbyn have effectively said the exact same thing, so pick the bones out of that dog's dinner of righteous pose-striking.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post May-23-2022 21:18  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

I might be an ignoramus, but I am not an idiot.

Old Post May-24-2022 09:57  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

We're all a little dumb on here. Don't take it personally.

Old Post May-24-2022 10:43  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

quote:
Originally posted by JEO
We're all a little dumb on here. Don't take it personally.

Thank you , brother.

Old Post May-24-2022 20:28  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by LoveHate
I might be an ignoramus, but I am not an idiot.

How are the crypto investments going?

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post May-26-2022 16:45  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Actually The Crave Festival 2022 at The Hague already cancelled her before this thread was started. She was headliner there.
https://voorburgsdagblad.nl/Den%20H...-dj-nina-kraviz

Question is if she will be at the Awakenings Festival here.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post May-26-2022 20:34  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

Aren't we all happy TA had it's "peak" when it did? I can't imagine half the content that was posted here, much of it without a second thought, would show itself the light of day today (aka stuff in c0r).

As for festivals cancelling Nina.... tough situation that I'm sure organizers would rather not have to deal with but with it's a "hot potato" and dropping her to save headaches isn't at all surprising.

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post May-27-2022 19:32  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

Is there really any proof of her explicitly supporting Putin before all this? Because if there isn't, it feels quite unfounded in my opinion. Lots of Russians stay silent about what's going on because of a fear of being recognized by the authorities and having to go through a very elaborately planned beating in custody. Her being quite recognizable.. Yeah I wouldn't really get my panties in a twist just because she hasn't hoped for the death of Putin.

If she's somehow supported Putin before this, or if she has the gall to somehow support Putin during all this, like Lira, then that's a very different thing.

Old Post May-27-2022 20:46  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Nina kraviz canceled for allegedly supporting putin
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHelp Needed (Trancey ID) [2004] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAC/OT - Real Deejays [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread