Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Taiwan, China and a lil ol country called the US of A
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Marcus007
marrrrkeeesssss

Taiwan, China and a lil ol country called the US of A

I've been following the growth of the Chinese army for sometime now and I feel like we're coming to a climactic moment in history. You see, from what I've read/researched China and Taiwan just don't get along. Now, recently China has been upgrading their military to MASSIVE extents and it is said that they will one day attack Taiwan. Now, the problem lies here, the United States is an ally with Taiwan so theoretically if China were to attack Taiwan, the US of A would have to attack China in retaliation.

This is all very theoretical but I would love to know what you guys think of all this? Do you think the US would honour their pact with Taiwan and attack China or do you think they'd let them have the country and avert a global catastrophe?

See, it gets a little more complicated today. After browsing a few news sites I came across a startling article written by a respectable news organization stating that the Chinese government has, well, let me quote the article:

quote:
China is prepared to use nuclear weapons against the US if it is attacked by Washington during a confrontation over Taiwan, a Chinese general said on Thursday.

“If the Americans draw their missiles and position-guided ammunition on to the target zone on China's territory, I think we will have to respond with nuclear weapons,” said General Zhu Chenghu.

Gen Zhu was speaking at a function for foreign journalists organised, in part, by the Chinese government. He added that China's definition of its territory included warships and aircraft.

“If the Americans are determined to interfere [then] we will be determined to respond,” said Gen Zhu, who is also a professor at China's National Defence University.

“We . . . will prepare ourselves for the destruction of all of the cities east of Xian. Of course the Americans will have to be prepared that hundreds . . . of cities will be destroyed by the Chinese.”

So, what do you all think of this alarming situation? I'd love to hear your opinion.

SOURCE: FINANCIAL TIMES

Here's another little piece of research:

TAIWAN-CHINA CONFLICT TO REMAIN NO MATTER WHO WINS ELECTION: LAWMAKER

Old Post Jul-15-2005 00:35  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Marcus007 Click here to Send Marcus007 a Private Message Add Marcus007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tag
Suspended User

Hey marc really good artical about this stuff in "the atlantic" the magasine that is. Its in the june 2005 issue, should be able to find it at some library..

Old Post Jul-15-2005 01:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for Tag Click here to Send Tag a Private Message Add Tag to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tag
Suspended User

Here's what I think. For starters, the worlds super power IS china. They are now consuming the most in everything but oil but are a catching up. Much of the US's debt is to china...A war between china and the US would likely end up being some weird war of supplies. So much of what the US consumes is made in china, having a war with them is not a good idea. Another thing if you read that article i told u to, the US has it;s navy up against china's shores. China is now making a navy, a real one. They wont want the US being in their waters and the US wont want to leave. I think some form of cold war may happen between the US and China.

Old Post Jul-15-2005 01:13 
Click Here to See the Profile for Tag Click here to Send Tag a Private Message Add Tag to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Marcus007
marrrrkeeesssss

Errrr... dweeb, my main article was from the financial times, the other stuff was just some other research.

quote:
Originally posted by Tag
Here's what I think. For starters, the worlds super power IS china. (link?) They are now consuming the most in everything but oil but are a catching up. (link?) Much of the US's debt is to china (link?)...A war between china and the US would likely end up being some weird war of supplies. So much of what the US consumes is made in china, having a war with them is not a good idea. Another thing if you read that article i told u to, the US has it;s navy up against china's shores (link?) China is now making a navy, a real one (link?). They wont want the US being in their waters and the US wont want to leave (link?). I think some form of cold war may happen between the US and China.

Again, LINK LINK LINK LINK?!?!?!

quote:
So much of what the US consumes is made in china

I doubt they'd miss Disney toys and Ikea furnishings.

quote:
Another thing if you read that article i told u to

You told me to read an article??

Last edited by Marcus007 on Jul-15-2005 at 01:26

Old Post Jul-15-2005 01:17  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Marcus007 Click here to Send Marcus007 a Private Message Add Marcus007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Alex
Suck a cheetah's dick

First of all I doubt this would ever happen...

But if it did I think it would involve more countries that have nuclear weapons which would result in a big nasty (although quick) war that would end in the USA's and China's destruction... I think however the USA would ultimately "win" the conflict given A) They have more sophisticated nuclear weapons, and B) American military budget and intel is far better than China's even now, the only difference is China has more soldiers but in a war between two global powers who both of airforces and nukes, soldiers mean nothing.

I think the rest of the world would also get involve and blow the crap out of China, because if the Chinese managed to defeat the Americans then there'd be no one to stop them from taking over Europe, and the rest of Asia... And so on and so forth.

And to be honest I much rather the USA at the head of the world instead of China :S

Old Post Jul-15-2005 01:25  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Alex Click here to Send Alex a Private Message Add Alex to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Marcus007
marrrrkeeesssss

quote:
Originally posted by Lopitrance
And to be honest I much rather the USA at the head of the world instead of China :S

Why? Not a fan of general tao or asian noddles? :P

Old Post Jul-15-2005 01:28  Canada
Tag
Suspended User

quote:
Originally posted by Marcus007
Errrr... dweeb, my main article was from the financial times, the other stuff was just some other research.

Again, LINK LINK LINK LINK?!?!?!

I doubt they'd miss Disney toys and Ikea furnishings.

You told me to read an article??

Dude that article in the atlantic from june 2005. I thought u'd find it interresting. Too lazy to find links to all my info. Much of it was from papers i did for school and from stuff my dad told me about, seeing as he deals with alot of the bs in china with his work, fucking mad poluters over there.

Old Post Jul-15-2005 01:36 
Marcus007
marrrrkeeesssss

quote:
Originally posted by Tag
Hey marc really good artical about this stuff in "the atlantic" the magasine that is. Its in the june 2005 issue, should be able to find it at some library..

you edited your post. ;P

Old Post Jul-15-2005 01:37  Canada
Tag
Suspended User

quote:
Why? Not a fan of general tao or asian noddles? :P

As sad as it may sound the US has a much better track record with the enviroment than china. China is such a fuck up it;s unreal.

Old Post Jul-15-2005 01:38 
Tag
Suspended User

quote:

you edited your post. ;P

No i didnt....you;ve been taking to much e and forgot that i posted that.

Old Post Jul-15-2005 01:40 
Marcus007
marrrrkeeesssss

quote:
Originally posted by Tag
As sad as it may sound the US has a much better track record with the enviroment than china. China is such a fuck up it;s unreal.

How about the US' fat people, stupid people, bush, the supreme dictatorship court, corruption so far up it's ass, popculture, gun laws, redknecks, anti-abortionist who bomb abortion clinics, terrorists, degredation, racism, the source of all pretentiousness.

How is that for a track record?

Old Post Jul-15-2005 01:41  Canada
Alex
Suck a cheetah's dick

The USA also doesn't run over protestors with tanks.

Old Post Jul-15-2005 01:43  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Alex Click here to Send Alex a Private Message Add Alex to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Taiwan, China and a lil ol country called the US of A
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackslylee tuneZ part 3-need ID like Asap Omg! 16B OMID [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFrank-E & Mars-L - "Song Of The Holy Man" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread