Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > my integrated sound card...
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
xstalkrx
Supreme tranceaddict

my integrated sound card...

My computer has an intergrated sound card. It DOES have a line in port. Can I record from my turntables with this computer?

My phono ports are used to go from my turntables to my mixer. What are the line ports used for? There are no cables connected in the back of my line ports.

My master output goes from mixer to receiver. There are no extra out ports.

What needs to happen in order for me to record? I only have one line in port on the back of my computer.

Old Post Oct-19-2005 23:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for xstalkrx Click here to Send xstalkrx a Private Message Add xstalkrx to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Orbital32
Revolution

the answer is here:
http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...threadid=296939

Old Post Oct-20-2005 00:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Orbital32 Click here to Send Orbital32 a Private Message Visit Orbital32's homepage! Add Orbital32 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
xstalkrx
Supreme tranceaddict

So since I only have one line in port...I will not be able to record a proper mix?

I would need a second sound card to do this?

If I buy the mini jack to RCA converter like you mentioned...it would seem to me that I could mix using both channels and be able to record a set?

Old Post Oct-20-2005 00:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for xstalkrx Click here to Send xstalkrx a Private Message Add xstalkrx to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SpecRadio
Suspended User

yes you can record a set from your turntables. I have one sound card and I do it almost daily.

Old Post Oct-20-2005 01:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SpecRadio Click here to Send SpecRadio a Private Message Visit SpecRadio's homepage! Add SpecRadio to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Orbital32
Revolution

you just need a RCA to mini jack adaptor. also a program to record.

Old Post Oct-20-2005 01:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Orbital32 Click here to Send Orbital32 a Private Message Visit Orbital32's homepage! Add Orbital32 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
xstalkrx
Supreme tranceaddict

and i will need two of these....correct?

http://www.radioshack.com/images/Pr.../15/15-2473.jpg

I already get buzzing in speakers as is. where does the ground loop eliminator or whatever get put in?

Old Post Oct-20-2005 01:54  United States
Orbital32
Revolution

yeah, but actuall you may need a female end RCA jacks depending on the cable you are using.

Old Post Oct-20-2005 01:55  United States
Orbital32
Revolution

get the ground loop at car audio shop.

Old Post Oct-20-2005 01:57  United States
xstalkrx
Supreme tranceaddict

im basically using that exact cable you see there.

Old Post Oct-20-2005 02:03  United States
xstalkrx
Supreme tranceaddict

My receiver is currently set on "Auxilary". Will there be any need to change this setting while recording?

i hate electronics :/

so are there some nice laptops out there that have external sound cards to eliminate the need for this adapter bs?

Last edited by xstalkrx on Oct-20-2005 at 03:29

Old Post Oct-20-2005 03:16  United States
sw1
semi-retired

quote:
Originally posted by xstalkrx
My computer has an intergrated sound card. It DOES have a line in port. Can I record from my turntables with this computer?

My phono ports are used to go from my turntables to my mixer. What are the line ports used for? There are no cables connected in the back of my line ports.

My master output goes from mixer to receiver. There are no extra out ports.

What needs to happen in order for me to record? I only have one line in port on the back of my computer.

Yes, but not directly.

The line-in ports are used for line-level equipment, like CD players and cassette players.

Turntable to mixer to computer and receiver, using 2 single-RCA-plug-to-dual-RCA-jack-Y-cables on the mixer, one for each channel to split the output on the mixer to the computer's line-in port and to the receiver's Aux-in port.
Radio Shack Y-cable here

Connect a ground loop isolator between the mixer and the computer, using the y-cables. The ground loop isolator from Radio Shack should come with the extra connectors you need for the computer's line-in port.
Radio Shack Ground Loop Isolator with everything you need here

You need a recording program. One line-in port is all you need.

Last edited by sw1 on Oct-20-2005 at 06:20

Old Post Oct-20-2005 06:13 
Click Here to See the Profile for sw1 Click here to Send sw1 a Private Message Visit sw1's homepage! Add sw1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
xstalkrx
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: my integrated sound card...

quote:
Originally posted by sw1
Yes, but not directly.

The line-in ports are used for line-level equipment, like CD players and cassette players.

Turntable to mixer to computer and receiver, using 2 single-RCA-plug-to-dual-RCA-jack-Y-cables on the mixer, one for each channel to split the output on the mixer to the computer's line-in port and to the receiver's Aux-in port.
Radio Shack Y-cable here

Connect a ground loop isolator between the mixer and the computer, using the y-cables. The ground loop isolator from Radio Shack should come with the extra connectors you need for the computer's line-in port.
Radio Shack Ground Loop Isolator with everything you need here

You need a recording program. One line-in port is all you need.

one RCA cable cannot give me sound from both channgels on my mixer.

Old Post Oct-20-2005 15:05  United States

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > my integrated sound card...
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackold tech tune [2004] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJohan Gielen pres. Abnea - "Velvet Moods" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread