Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Pioneer 909
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
henryv
Henry De Villon

Exclamation Pioneer 909

Hello guys i just need a little help on figuring out what Mixer i should get with the 2 CDJs800 That ill be getting.. i was heading more towards the Pioneer 909 but i heard its mostly for Hip Hop djs and since Im more into trance then im in a dilemma . What Mixer do you guys have in mind with the CDJs 800?

Or should i just hang myself and go for the Pioneer 909

Old Post Nov-15-2005 08:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for henryv Click here to Send henryv a Private Message Visit henryv's homepage! Add henryv to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
T-Soma
The Sky Was Pink...

All though iv never used a 909 heaps of people have said its great because the faders and eqs are all top notch. If you try search you should be able to find some info on here.

Old Post Nov-15-2005 09:14  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for T-Soma Click here to Send T-Soma a Private Message Add T-Soma to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wee_rooney
Supreme tranceaddict

the 909 looks excellent, but if your spinnin trance maybe an xone way the 4 band eq's would suit you better! iv got a nuo 5, but personnaly if i was to spend that amount of money again id maybe go for the new Rane 3 channel rotary way an efx! a bit more expensive but it does look crackin!

the 909 is a good all-round mixer though so it would still be suited for playin trance

Old Post Nov-15-2005 15:50  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for wee_rooney Click here to Send wee_rooney a Private Message Visit wee_rooney's homepage! Add wee_rooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zild
Ten City

You can mix just fine on the 909, but I think its overpriced. Might look at a four channel mixer like the Nuo 4 or 5.

Latest Mix

Old Post Nov-15-2005 16:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zild Click here to Send Zild a Private Message Add Zild to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Armada_hk
Supreme tranceaddict

the 909 is best suited and aimed at scratch dj's . Eddie Halliwell uses it. so unless your playing style is similar to his i would advise againts it. 4 channel mixer is much better imo

Old Post Nov-15-2005 17:36  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Armada_hk Click here to Send Armada_hk a Private Message Visit Armada_hk's homepage! Add Armada_hk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
deejayle
Senior tranceaddict

Pioneer DJM3000 if you wanna have more sound effects.

Old Post Nov-15-2005 18:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for deejayle Click here to Send deejayle a Private Message Add deejayle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
InterMilan31

909=scratch

Old Post Nov-15-2005 22:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for InterMilan31 Click here to Send InterMilan31 a Private Message Add InterMilan31 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
_-MIl0
Whos your Mommy

Well the 909 was designed as a scratch mixer it is basicly a 2 channel mixer with a shitload of effects built into it. The faders and everything are all top notch in that you can edit the way they work in order to better suit ur style. Im currently using the younger brother of the 909 the 707 which is a class mixer. The method in which i mix is closer to halliwells thus i went for more of a scratch mixer but i could imagine it for mixing trance. Also the way the efects are incorperated into the mixer allow for allot of creative elements to be added should you be looking to go into that later on. Im actually thinking of getting a 909 just becouse of the posibilitys that it opens up. If ur just going to be using 2 decks id suggest the 909 but if you want to add stuff later on and dont plan on doing anything to fancy the mxier perhaps it would be worth it getting a 4 channel mixer. Also one of the things people dont consider when buying equipemnt is how it relates to the club their going to be playing in. If ur not bringing ur own mixer along and its allot differnt fromt he club set up their can be a bit of a learning curve. Iv been lucky in that iv developed using a variety of mixers. Thus iv grown used to the mixers in clubs as well as the ones that iv had at home. But still if ur gonna be getting the 909 inless ur bringing it to the club the skills that u get using the effects will probly be useless when playing out.

Old Post Nov-15-2005 23:06  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for _-MIl0 Click here to Send _-MIl0 a Private Message Add _-MIl0 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SpecRadio
Suspended User

909 is mint. Everything is as smooth as possible, nice clear clean top quality audio. Send/Recieve even if there are effects built into the mixer (Xone doesn't include send/recieve). It'll surley do trance. The EQ are the best thing on the mixer

Besides the crossfader

Old Post Nov-16-2005 02:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SpecRadio Click here to Send SpecRadio a Private Message Visit SpecRadio's homepage! Add SpecRadio to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wee_rooney
Supreme tranceaddict

iv havent been on the 909, but apparently the effects are awesome! much better than that of a 600 or the nuo 5. but as i said i havent had the pleasure of mixin on one yet

Old Post Nov-16-2005 18:43  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for wee_rooney Click here to Send wee_rooney a Private Message Visit wee_rooney's homepage! Add wee_rooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trogdor
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SpecRadio (Xone doesn't include send/recieve).
Whaaaaa? My 92 has two, count 'em, two Send/Returns.

Having said that, the 909 is an excellent mixer, suitable for any type of music/mixing. It is a bit pricey, though. But it sure is fun to use.

Old Post Nov-16-2005 18:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trogdor Click here to Send Trogdor a Private Message Add Trogdor to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SpecRadio
Suspended User

quote:
Originally posted by Trogdor
Whaaaaa? My 92 has two, count 'em, two Send/Returns.

Errr...my bad. I meant to put on the 62 and lower

Old Post Nov-17-2005 00:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SpecRadio Click here to Send SpecRadio a Private Message Visit SpecRadio's homepage! Add SpecRadio to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Pioneer 909
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPvD - Amsterdam 2003 Track 4 [2004] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMarz - "Flying" (Escape From Marz Mix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread