Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Other > Political Discussion / Debate > Media sources
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
George Smiley
Supreme tranceaddict

Media sources

http://news.bbc.co.uk

http://www.cnn.com/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/

Last edited by Lira on Nov-29-2007 at 16:58

Old Post Nov-29-2007 12:50  England
Click Here to See the Profile for George Smiley Click here to Send George Smiley a Private Message Add George Smiley to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
George Smiley
Supreme tranceaddict

Great news source for the Middle East:

Lebanon's Daily Star: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/

Old Post Nov-29-2007 12:51  England
Click Here to See the Profile for George Smiley Click here to Send George Smiley a Private Message Add George Smiley to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lebezniatnikov
Stupidity Annoys Me

International Herald Tribune:
www.iht.com

NYTimes Op-Eds:
www.nytimes.com/opinion

UN News Feed:
www.irinnews.com

Africa:
www.allafrica.com

Liberal-slanted American news:
www.huffingtonpost.com

Conservative-slanted American news:
www.drudgereport.com

American political commentary:
www.talkingpointsmemo.com
www.tpmelectioncentral.com

World News - Agence France Presse:
http://news.yahoo.com/i/1504

Foreign Affairs News/Commentary:
www.economist.com
www.foreignpolicy.com
www.foreignaffairs.org

NGO's with news briefings/position papers on developing world:
International Crisis Group:
www.crisisgroup.org

International Rescue Committee:
www.theirc.org

InterAction:
www.interaction.org

OxFam:
www.oxfam.co.uk

CARE USA:
www.care.org

Think Tanks:
Center for Strategic and International Studies:
www.csis.org

Woodrow Wilson Center:
www.wilsoncenter.org

Brookings:
www.brookings.org

Foreign Policy In Focus:
www.fpif.org

Those are a few that I check at least semi-regularly.

Old Post Nov-29-2007 13:44  United Nations
Click Here to See the Profile for Lebezniatnikov Click here to Send Lebezniatnikov a Private Message Add Lebezniatnikov to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

That's a great idea, George! This thread is now a sticky and references to other members were removed (I did it as a precaution, this thread has no use for drama ).

Old Post Nov-29-2007 17:01  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Epicurus
Dark Proggy House Beats

quote:
Originally posted by George Smiley
Great news source for the Middle East:

Lebanon's Daily Star: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/

Ummm, no.

Old Post Nov-30-2007 01:32  Lebanon
Click Here to See the Profile for Epicurus Click here to Send Epicurus a Private Message Visit Epicurus's homepage! Add Epicurus to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
George Smiley
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Epicurus
Ummm, no.

Ummm, why?

Old Post Dec-06-2007 16:32  England
Q5echo
asymetrical scepticism

mainly for Americans. not a news source but the best in "sane" political punditry, right and left.

realclearpolitics.com

Old Post Dec-19-2007 07:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Q5echo Click here to Send Q5echo a Private Message Add Q5echo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Q5echo
asymetrical scepticism

quote:
Originally posted by Lesbianosaur
Conservative-slanted American news:
www.drudgereport.com

i'm sorry but Drudge is an equal opportunity offender. "opportunist" being the operative word.

don't get me wrong, i slant right and i visit his site almost everyday but he'll out anybody if he see's the moment to do so.

Old Post Dec-19-2007 07:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Q5echo Click here to Send Q5echo a Private Message Add Q5echo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lebezniatnikov
Stupidity Annoys Me

quote:
Originally posted by Q5echo
i'm sorry but Drudge is an equal opportunity offender. "opportunist" being the operative word.

don't get me wrong, i slant right and i visit his site almost everyday but he'll out anybody if he see's the moment to do so.

Same with HuffPo, but if you look at what commentators he links to, you'll see where the bias lies. There's a reason Drudge has a mostly conservative readership and Huffington has a mostly liberal one, and I don't think it has so much to do with the topics or the news as the sources and the editorializing that accompanies them.

Old Post Dec-19-2007 07:29  United Nations
Click Here to See the Profile for Lebezniatnikov Click here to Send Lebezniatnikov a Private Message Add Lebezniatnikov to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Q5echo
asymetrical scepticism

quote:
Originally posted by Lesbianosaur
Same with HuffPo, but if you look at what commentators he links to, you'll see where the bias lies. There's a reason Drudge has a mostly conservative readership and Huffington has a mostly liberal one, and I don't think it has so much to do with the topics or the news as the sources and the editorializing that accompanies them.

again i'm gonna have to disagree with you. Drudge Report is strictly a headlines source and he has reporters with inside contacts in places but effectively is nothing more than a news aggrigator. it is also sans any commentary unlike HuffPo. there is absolutely nothing about HuffPo that is remotely right of center other than some of the detractions they have to make sometimes. thats not my opinion thats fact. every one of the commentators and pundits that blog at Huffpo (it's also a blog unlike Dridge Report) is either a liberal writer or Democratic Congressperson

give me one regular conservative columnist over at HuffPo, i'll list twenty Liberal ones that Drudge only links to.

Old Post Dec-19-2007 07:53  United States
Dupz
Supreme tranceaddict

http://www.antiwar.com

comprehensive compilation of multiple international sources on world affairs - updated daily

Old Post Feb-10-2008 12:28  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Dupz Click here to Send Dupz a Private Message Add Dupz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CybaSumo
tranceaddict in training

wow! so such sites are around in this forum!? great posts guys thanks a lot!

Old Post May-08-2008 18:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for CybaSumo Click here to Send CybaSumo a Private Message Visit CybaSumo's homepage! Add CybaSumo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Other > Political Discussion / Debate > Media sources
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackid this great hrad uplifting trance tune from 2000 [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSander Kleinenberg - "Buenos Aires" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread