Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Tom deLaubenfels - February/March Promo 1 [Updated Link]
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
nrjizer
vive le deep

Tom deLaubenfels - February/March Promo 1 [Updated Link]

Re-upped May 2010:

http://soundcloud.com/nrjizer/tom-d...-feb-2008-promo

-----------

Well then, I haven't posted a mix for quite some time. This one came about a few days ago. Usually, everything I record is done with very little pre-planning, if any--just me on my decks with my intuition. This one started with me attempting to actually plan out a mix with careful selections (hence the edited intro). But this never works--I always end up just hitting record and going for 80 minutes. The results are less predictable, but usually more enjoyable (to me, at least).

So anyways, this was done in one take with no real pre-planning aside from using the first two tracks as openers. The edit I made to "Hug the Scary" was done in Ableton with some EQing and samples found on the internet. It's supposed to sound like you're walking into a club from the street, to try and make you feel as if you were actually there.

The mix itself shifts gears a few times--gracefully, I hope. This is just what I like to do. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Hopefully it'll work here.

Recorded on 2 CDJ-1000s, a Vestax 275, and an EFX-1000, as usual.

Le tracklist:

00) Intro
01) Will Saul & Lee Jones - Hug The Scary (Intro Edit)
02) Marcel Wave - 27 Holton
03) Ski Oakenfull - Illuminations (Milton Jackson Mix)
04) Dave DK - Stargazer
05) Forteba - Kedding
06) Corrugated Tunnel - One Night In Barcelona (Scope Mix)
07) Steve Mill - Exacta (Scope Mix)
08) Solaris Heights - No Trace (Neil Quigley Instrumental)
09) Damien Strong - Fractured
10) Kreice - Hot Box
11) Rob Mello - Give Me
12) Simon Baker - Bandit
13) Elmar Schubert - Blimp
14) Scope - Toronto
15) Vincenzo & El Mar - Fugism
16) Innercity - Big Fun (Simian Mobile Disco Mix)

Last edited by nrjizer on May-17-2010 at 19:42

Old Post Feb-21-2008 19:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for nrjizer Click here to Send nrjizer a Private Message Add nrjizer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RJT
last minute disco

Snagging this now - looking forward to it Tom

Old Post Feb-21-2008 20:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for RJT Click here to Send RJT a Private Message Visit RJT's homepage! Add RJT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Clovis
techno jungle shit

Cool

Old Post Feb-21-2008 21:58  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis Click here to Send Clovis a Private Message Visit Clovis's homepage! Add Clovis to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Been enjoying your recent live set, so definitely grabbing this

Old Post Feb-21-2008 23:15  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lücid
electric girl

love the intro - reminds me of the intro on disc one of Sander K's 'Everybody' compilation.

will let you know what i think of the rest of it after i finish listening.

Old Post Feb-22-2008 15:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for lücid Click here to Send lücid a Private Message Add lücid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
iammesol
Burnt out and grown up

This mix laike pwns

Old Post Feb-22-2008 18:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for iammesol Click here to Send iammesol a Private Message Visit iammesol's homepage! Add iammesol to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
nrjizer
vive le deep

Thanks guys

Old Post Feb-24-2008 22:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for nrjizer Click here to Send nrjizer a Private Message Add nrjizer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
arecebo
see below

Been rockin this for the past week. Definitely dig the intro you made here, whoreface.

Old Post Feb-26-2008 03:13 
Click Here to See the Profile for arecebo Click here to Send arecebo a Private Message Add arecebo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
nrjizer
vive le deep

Thanks, knobgobbler.

Old Post Feb-26-2008 03:15  United States
iammesol
Burnt out and grown up

lol

Old Post May-21-2008 06:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for iammesol Click here to Send iammesol a Private Message Visit iammesol's homepage! Add iammesol to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
nrjizer
vive le deep

epic bump?

Old Post May-21-2008 16:53  United States
gehzumteufel
In your ass

Sam linked me to this. I fucking love it!!!!!!! Good mix Tom!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by bas
Undies with a dickhole aren't good for guys. Your balls can get caught in them. That's why I prefer to go over the gate instead of through the fence.

Old Post Jun-03-2008 23:48  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for gehzumteufel Click here to Send gehzumteufel a Private Message Add gehzumteufel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Tom deLaubenfels - February/March Promo 1 [Updated Link]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread