Tom deLaubenfels - February/March Promo 1 [Updated Link]
Re-upped May 2010:
Well then, I haven't posted a mix for quite some time. This one came about a few days ago. Usually, everything I record is done with very little pre-planning, if any--just me on my decks with my intuition. This one started with me attempting to actually plan out a mix with careful selections (hence the edited intro). But this never works--I always end up just hitting record and going for 80 minutes. The results are less predictable, but usually more enjoyable (to me, at least).
So anyways, this was done in one take with no real pre-planning aside from using the first two tracks as openers. The edit I made to "Hug the Scary" was done in Ableton with some EQing and samples found on the internet. It's supposed to sound like you're walking into a club from the street, to try and make you feel as if you were actually there.
The mix itself shifts gears a few times--gracefully, I hope. This is just what I like to do. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Hopefully it'll work here.
Recorded on 2 CDJ-1000s, a Vestax 275, and an EFX-1000, as usual.
01) Will Saul & Lee Jones - Hug The Scary (Intro Edit)
02) Marcel Wave - 27 Holton
03) Ski Oakenfull - Illuminations (Milton Jackson Mix)
04) Dave DK - Stargazer
05) Forteba - Kedding
06) Corrugated Tunnel - One Night In Barcelona (Scope Mix)
07) Steve Mill - Exacta (Scope Mix)
08) Solaris Heights - No Trace (Neil Quigley Instrumental)
09) Damien Strong - Fractured
10) Kreice - Hot Box
11) Rob Mello - Give Me
12) Simon Baker - Bandit
13) Elmar Schubert - Blimp
14) Scope - Toronto
15) Vincenzo & El Mar - Fugism
16) Innercity - Big Fun (Simian Mobile Disco Mix)
NEW MIX [Feb/March 2008]
Last edited by nrjizer on May-17-2010 at 19:42