Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2008 > Ultra on Saturday shut down for an hour!?!??
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
JD8180
I choose noise.

Ultra on Saturday shut down for an hour!?!??

not really, but...

quote:
On Saturday, March 29, at precisely 8 p.m., much of the glittering skyline of downtown Miami will go dark -- at least darker than normal -- for an hour.

Don't call FPL. Don't call the cops. This blackout is supposed to happen.

Miami has signed on with dozens of cities around the world taking part in Earth Hour, an event to raise awareness about energy conservation and global warming.

http://www.miamiherald.com/top_stor...ory/464578.html

i think it's pretty funny that at the same time they're doing this, they're wasting god knows how much electricity with ultra a few blocks away...

Old Post Mar-22-2008 02:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for JD8180 Click here to Send JD8180 a Private Message Add JD8180 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AMMORA
are u Listed?

Re: Ultra on Saturday shut down for an hour!?!??

quote:
Originally posted by JD8180
not really, but...

http://www.miamiherald.com/top_stor...ory/464578.html

i think it's pretty funny that at the same time they're doing this, they're wasting god knows how much electricity with ultra a few blocks away...

the only thing lighting up the night will be the park with ultra blaring haha. i think its good advertising for ultra!

there comes a time when the operation of the machine is so odious that you cannot even tacitly participate. you've got to place your bodies on the gears, the wheels, all the mechanism. you've got to indicate to those who own it and those who run it, that unless you are free, the machine will be prevented from working at all.

Old Post Mar-22-2008 02:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AMMORA Click here to Send AMMORA a Private Message Add AMMORA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
llavoe
soundcloud.com/llavoe

Good thing it's at 8pm, imagine they did this at midnight instead.

Old Post Mar-22-2008 06:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for llavoe Click here to Send llavoe a Private Message Visit llavoe's homepage! Add llavoe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JD8180
I choose noise.

quote:
Originally posted by llavoe
Good thing it's at 8pm, imagine they did this at midnight instead.

well it's not really a mandatory thing... it's more for whatever office buildings want to "go green." if it was at midnight, i really doubt any clubs would volunteer to do that

Old Post Mar-22-2008 07:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for JD8180 Click here to Send JD8180 a Private Message Add JD8180 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rudeflame
Hey Yo!

i'll be on a boat when all this happens...kinda curious to see how this looks

Old Post Mar-22-2008 12:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for rudeflame Click here to Send rudeflame a Private Message Visit rudeflame's homepage! Add rudeflame to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WirelessEyes
Supreme tranceaddict

Interesting.. speaking about Earth Day, check out this event featuring Dieselboy and the National Wildlife Federation.

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...7&forumid=99&s=

Old Post Mar-22-2008 15:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WirelessEyes Click here to Send WirelessEyes a Private Message Visit WirelessEyes's homepage! Add WirelessEyes to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
life thru HD
a.k.a markyrokz

wow thats funny

somebody should volunteer to take a picture of bicentenial from mcarther cswy while ultra is going on.. o man that picture would be insane if everything around is dark except ultra.

Old Post Mar-24-2008 15:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for life thru HD Click here to Send life thru HD a Private Message Visit life thru HD's homepage! Add life thru HD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
llavoe
soundcloud.com/llavoe

Rukes should be the guy to tell.

Old Post Mar-24-2008 16:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for llavoe Click here to Send llavoe a Private Message Visit llavoe's homepage! Add llavoe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
life thru HD
a.k.a markyrokz

quote:
Originally posted by llavoe
Rukes should be the guy to tell.

rukes?

Old Post Mar-24-2008 16:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for life thru HD Click here to Send life thru HD a Private Message Visit life thru HD's homepage! Add life thru HD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
llavoe
soundcloud.com/llavoe

www.rukes.com

The best photographer for the conference. He is shooting Ultra.

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...8&forumid=99&s=

Old Post Mar-24-2008 17:06  United States
life thru HD
a.k.a markyrokz

ohh
interesting.

i'll tell him, he'll probably be at ultra during that time.. or he'll laugh

my vision of that picture from the causeway is pretty sick thou. idk it would be cool if he did it.

Old Post Mar-24-2008 19:11  United States
life thru HD
a.k.a markyrokz

speaking of rukes, i was on his site..

http://photo.rukes.com/umf9/slides/umf9%20074.jpg

who is that guy?

Old Post Mar-24-2008 19:46  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2008 > Ultra on Saturday shut down for an hour!?!??
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackmenno de jong intuition radio 140 track id [2008] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLeama - "Requiem For A Dream" (Leama's Dream Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread