Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > UEFA Euro 2008 > since when did seven nation army become a football chant...
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
isoterra
hi

since when did seven nation army become a football chant...

i've been wondering this, since i've heard the crowd sing it in just about every match this competition. can't recall it before now

Old Post Jun-27-2008 10:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for isoterra Click here to Send isoterra a Private Message Visit isoterra's homepage! Add isoterra to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chesco
out to lunch

Re: since when did seven nation army become a football chant...

quote:
Originally posted by isoterra
i've been wondering this, since i've heard the crowd sing it in just about every match this competition. can't recall it before now

Blame the italians.

They are awful for it in ibiza as well.

Old Post Jun-27-2008 10:45  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for chesco Click here to Send chesco a Private Message Add chesco to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bananas
baby i got your money

haven't heard it
jewtube link?

Old Post Jun-27-2008 11:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for bananas Click here to Send bananas a Private Message Visit bananas's homepage! Add bananas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

quote:
Originally posted by bananas
haven't heard it
jewtube link?

Old Post Jun-27-2008 12:57  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Meat187 Click here to Send Meat187 a Private Message Add Meat187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trewqy
^5

JAAVIER MASCHERAAAAAAHNOOOOO!

Old Post Jun-27-2008 13:44  Thailand
Click Here to See the Profile for trewqy Click here to Send trewqy a Private Message Add trewqy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
netroM

They (italians) sang it when Italy won WC 2 years ago. I was in Trieste at the time with friends.

Old Post Jun-27-2008 14:50  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for netroM Click here to Send netroM a Private Message Add netroM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bananas
baby i got your money

quote:
Originally posted by Meat187

oh oh

Old Post Jun-27-2008 16:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for bananas Click here to Send bananas a Private Message Visit bananas's homepage! Add bananas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Furor Aquila
Senior tranceaddict

I've heard the Russians also use the chant below but obviously not in Italian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ1xM0gH_-8

Old Post Jun-27-2008 16:30  Albania
Click Here to See the Profile for Furor Aquila Click here to Send Furor Aquila a Private Message Add Furor Aquila to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceGiant
randomly disappoints

I heard the following version: Was the theme song for a football program in Italian TV's RAI. Was then adopted by AC Milan around 2005-2006. After WC title all Italians started using it. Since then it's played in stadiums throughout all Europe. (Austria's Rapid Wien copied it after an away game against Brugge for example). Catchy but of course annoying after a while.

Old Post Jun-27-2008 16:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceGiant Click here to Send TranceGiant a Private Message Visit TranceGiant's homepage! Add TranceGiant to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
nchs09
Traceaddict in training

Re: since when did seven nation army become a football chant...

quote:
Originally posted by isoterra
I have been hearing it all the time as well..... Only good one i have heard is cielito lindo by the spanish.

OH and every time they score a goal this trance song comes on

Old Post Jun-27-2008 16:54 
Click Here to See the Profile for nchs09 Click here to Send nchs09 a Private Message Add nchs09 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Frenkieee
mighty real

I heard a lot of fellow Dutch fans chant it as well.

Lol, I was in the Liquid Club in Bern the after Holland - France. It's a nice club, a bit expensive. Though, there was a group of approx. 10 Dutch fans who were chanting this tune every 20 minutes or so. Must have driven Robbie Rivera (yes, the dj of the night) pretty crazy

Old Post Jun-27-2008 17:31  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Frenkieee Click here to Send Frenkieee a Private Message Add Frenkieee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
nchs09
Traceaddict in training

This is usually what you hear the spanish singing.... heard it 2ice allready

Old Post Jun-27-2008 20:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for nchs09 Click here to Send nchs09 a Private Message Add nchs09 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > UEFA Euro 2008 > since when did seven nation army become a football chant...
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackWicked Chillout Track [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLeama - "Requiem For A Dream" (Leama's Dream Mix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread