Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Move D - Live @ Sunday Best NYC 7.20.08
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
nefardec
Tranceaddict in tranning

DOWNLOAD ME

Running Time - 2 HRS

So this was a very special mix that I had the pleasure of hearing live. Sunday Best is a really chill outdoor party next to the Gowanus Canal here in Brooklyn that I try to go to every Sunday. Other Sets Here

If you don't know Move D (David Moufang), he was an ambient and ambient techno artist on Warp Records making some tracks with Peter Kuhlmann (Pete Namlook/4Voice) back in the day. These days he plays super super deep minimal house, still with that ambient edge. It ranges from very soulful ala Moodymann to teched out ala Thomas Melchior. He's a super chill guy, not to mention a fantastic producer and musician. This dude rolls his own cigs while spinning.

Was definitely one of the best sets I've heard all year.

If you guys know any of the tracks, particularly the second track, the floaty/sparkly one, or the tracks at the end, please post I'll probably be starting a tracklist thread in that forum, but I wanted to share this with a larger group of people for music's sake.

image of the venue

Video Interview with David Moufang

Old Post Aug-05-2008 16:31 
Click Here to See the Profile for nefardec Click here to Send nefardec a Private Message Add nefardec to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rawbound
DeepLovin'

Great interview. What's the track playing in the middle of the video?

Old Post Aug-05-2008 16:48  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for rawbound Click here to Send rawbound a Private Message Add rawbound to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bubbleguuum
Senior tranceaddict

I have this superb set on repeat for a few days now! How lucky you were to attend live to this!

Myself I'd like to know what the first track and the piano/acid track @ 28 are...

Old Post Aug-06-2008 00:09  France
Click Here to See the Profile for bubbleguuum Click here to Send bubbleguuum a Private Message Add bubbleguuum to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Skov
Senior tranceaddict

Thank you, this set is great.

Old Post Aug-06-2008 00:11  Denmark
Click Here to See the Profile for Skov Click here to Send Skov a Private Message Add Skov to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
nefardec
Tranceaddict in tranning

quote:
Originally posted by bubbleguuum
How lucky you were to attend live to this!

i was luckier to hang out with him later that night at Nicky Siano's party and then share a cab back to brooklyn haha. The warmth of personality and smile are comparable to the warmth of his tracks.

It was one of those perfect days under the sun. I was chilling on a block of concrete listening to the second track after the ambient track with german voiceover with an ear to ear smile.

Mr. Moufang was completely into it, just smiling and rolling his cigarettes over the mixer.

Classic

if anyone has any Ids on this, I'd love them

I recognize many but can't put a name on several.

Roy Valiso - You'll Never Be Mine
Matthew Styles - We Said Nothing

are two to start

Old Post Aug-06-2008 00:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for nefardec Click here to Send nefardec a Private Message Add nefardec to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bubbleguuum
Senior tranceaddict

@51mins: B1 on http://www.discogs.com/release/1116503. I remember clearly listening to it the first time in '92 in a mark spoon mix on the radio ! it's like it was yesterday

@64min: another old classic track I'm familiar with but can't put a name on it. Sounds like Todd Terry.

Lots of other familiar tunes that I guess would be id'ed super easily on discogs track ids forum.

Old Post Aug-06-2008 00:29  France
Click Here to See the Profile for bubbleguuum Click here to Send bubbleguuum a Private Message Add bubbleguuum to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Clovis
techno jungle shit

In like flynn

Old Post Aug-06-2008 00:31  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis Click here to Send Clovis a Private Message Visit Clovis's homepage! Add Clovis to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
enydo
~

That venue looks very enjoyable.

I'll have to check this out.

Old Post Aug-06-2008 00:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for enydo Click here to Send enydo a Private Message Add enydo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
nefardec
Tranceaddict in tranning

quote:
Originally posted by enydo
That venue looks very enjoyable.

I'll have to check this out.

it is quite a good way to spend sundays from 3pm to 9pm

they have awesome homemade tacos some weeks, sometimes sausage roasts, other times burgers. plus a sangria and beer bar, awesome guests, trees, water, sky, diverse crowd/good people, etc

Old Post Aug-06-2008 00:43 
enydo
~

Haha damn, sounds stellar.

Old Post Aug-06-2008 00:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for enydo Click here to Send enydo a Private Message Add enydo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
nefardec
Tranceaddict in tranning

quote:
Originally posted by bubbleguuum
@51mins: B1 on http://www.discogs.com/release/1116503. I remember clearly listening to it the first time in '92 in a mark spoon mix on the radio ! it's like it was yesterday

oooh that's a good one

Old Post Aug-06-2008 00:48 
Ted Promo
NWO WOLFPACK INSANE

the venue kinda resembles the backside of a Renaissance festival, but I will take a stab at the set since it sounds like it'll be delish.

Old Post Aug-06-2008 00:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ted Promo Click here to Send Ted Promo a Private Message Add Ted Promo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Move D - Live @ Sunday Best NYC 7.20.08
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (10): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread