Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Ziptnf - Frequency Surge [warning: dangerous full-on psytrance]
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ziptnf
Programming your future

Rasta Ziptnf - Frequency Surge [warning: dangerous full-on psytrance]

This music is hazardous to your health.

Prepare yourself.

Intro - Bob Marley Tour Guide
Vibraddict - Rasta Man
Xerox & Illumination - Bass Safari
Sufi vs Digicult - Antilope
1200 Mics - Mescaline (Astrix Remix)
Space Buddha - Blow Your Heart Up
Visual Contact - Natural Vibes
Bizzare Contact - This is Science
Frenessy - Artificial Beings
Bio Genesis - Hemisphere
XSI vs Nomad - Darkness
Eskimo - My Kind of Music (Switch Remix)
Volcano - Pitch Shift
Phanatic - Land of Confusion

Ziptnf - Frequency Surge (74:49) 137MB 256kbps

P.S. The intro video is located here.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Jul-04-2009 19:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
J:\Digital

checkin'...

Old Post Jul-05-2009 02:50 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

After another listen, I feel like I had some shaky transitions in the early tracks, but I hammered everything pretty hard past Natural Vibes. Hope everyone enjoys, my heart was racing really hard during this set, I wish it was perfect, but nobody is perfect

Old Post Jul-05-2009 19:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Magadansky
Trees of Psychedelia

On it of course!

Samothrace Mysteries - An Oldschool Series

Like it dark? Click this!

Old Post Jul-05-2009 20:30  Bulgaria
Click Here to See the Profile for Magadansky Click here to Send Magadansky a Private Message Add Magadansky to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Magadansky
Trees of Psychedelia

Just took a listen:

Funny intro, this laugh was very amusing!

First track was blasting but then, the second track just kills all of the things the first one did. I definitely agree with you that the first transitions were not good but then you pick up and they became much better.

At 56 min a flow mistake. The mixing was good but the track (which was very nice) just doesn't fit there imo. One of the few weak moments here.

A huge plus in my books is that the set is much more varied in terms of fullon tracks, not only straight on fast bassline and effects but also some nice melodies here and there. The last tracks of the set were definitely my favorite.

All in all, nice job, probably among your good ones (if not the best set you've done so far)!

Samothrace Mysteries - An Oldschool Series

Like it dark? Click this!

Old Post Jul-07-2009 18:14  Bulgaria
Click Here to See the Profile for Magadansky Click here to Send Magadansky a Private Message Add Magadansky to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by Magadansky

Thanks for the review! Yeah, the first transition was without a doubt the worst in the set, and Bass Safari may have been a poor choice to put right there. I may have been better off with Antilope before Bass Safari.

I think the track at 56 minutes is Darkness or My Kind of Music. These are good tracks in my opinion, but perhaps could have been placed better. I agree I still had some spotty mixing in the back half of the set, but nothing too jarring.

As far as track selection, I think this is my best full-on set by far, but my mixing still needs work This set was particularly hard to mix, simply because of the pure energy that was literally surging through my body during the set. I got butterflies, was nervous at some points, and felt like my heart would blow up (hehe ).

It will probably be a little while before I spin another true full-on set, as most full-on these days bore me to death. This was one of the last bastions of serious full-on tracks (not some new Save the Robot garbage ) that I could put into a set. I listened to hundreds of tracks to whittle down a proper set, and this is what I came up with. I'm fairly pleased with the result, so I'm even more glad that you are too.

Thanks for the listen! My next two sets will be Trance (old school, followed by amateurs), and in September, Taijitu's Revenge

Anyone else out there care to venture a listen?

Old Post Jul-07-2009 19:08 
Altered-Mind
tranceaddict

downloading mode initialized

Old Post Jul-08-2009 05:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Altered-Mind Click here to Send Altered-Mind a Private Message Add Altered-Mind to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Philby
Statement: Die, meatbag!

a few psy sets going round at the moment! i'll check it out

https://soundcloud.com/philby/phill...dness-july-2015

Old Post Jul-08-2009 08:36  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Philby Click here to Send Philby a Private Message Visit Philby's homepage! Add Philby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kr00t0n
Archduke of Awesome

Downloading now, and will have a new tech-trance mix for you this weekend

Old Post Jul-08-2009 08:52  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for kr00t0n Click here to Send kr00t0n a Private Message Visit kr00t0n's homepage! Add kr00t0n to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by kr00t0n
Downloading now, and will have a new tech-trance mix for you this weekend

Awesome, dude. Thanks for downloading, guys!

Old Post Jul-08-2009 12:54 
Altered-Mind
tranceaddict

Thumbs up

i listened to this mix while gaming online

the intro had me rofling... i loved it

and wooooot! i love the astrix remix of the mescaline track by 1200 mics. one of my favorite classics.. the transitions from track by track were very well done, as well as the overall flow of the set was great

i score this mix a 9/10

keep up the good work zippy

Old Post Jul-09-2009 15:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Altered-Mind Click here to Send Altered-Mind a Private Message Add Altered-Mind to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by Altered-Mind
the intro had me rofling... i loved it

Seems like a lot of people like this intro. I never even thought of using it until I discovered that first track, Rasta Man.

quote:
and wooooot! i love the astrix remix of the mescaline track by 1200 mics. one of my favorite classics.. the transitions from track by track were very well done, as well as the overall flow of the set was great

I love that track, it's got such a catchy riff in the beginning of the track, but I feel like it's a tad overdone with all the guitar in it. Still a great tune. Thanks for the review, Altered-Mind, I hope it made you dance!

Old Post Jul-09-2009 16:58 

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Ziptnf - Frequency Surge [warning: dangerous full-on psytrance]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread