Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > The TA album
Pages (49): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

The TA album

Rules of Entry :-

1. All entries should be no longer than 7 minutes.

2. All work in progress and previews to be uploaded to the TA Album Soundcloud account (http://soundcloud.com/groups/tranceaddict-com-album). For details on uploading and requests for access and moderation rights please contact forum member 'rulzz', 'TranceLover007' or myself. Please do not upload finished mixes. If you have a SC account you can of course send the track to the TA Album group.

3. The final album will be a compilation as per the results of the poll. Please mix with this is mind.

4. Closing date for entries will be Monday 25th January 2010, 10PM EST.

5. Multiple entries are allowed but at this stage it's likely that only one track per entrant will be included on an album.

6. Judging and choosing tracks has yet to be finalised. Hopefully with two seperate album genres there will be enough space for everybody to get a slot on one!

Currently we're hoping to do two seperate albums. One for up-tempo and another for chillout/ambient.

Good luck to all!

edit and additional information :-

Tracks can be uploaded (demos) to the TA soundcloud group :-

http://soundcloud.com/groups/tranceaddict-com-album

Format is to be a compilation (if that's what you mean)

Once all the submissions are made a finalised track selection needs to be made (most likely a mega poll)

The album is to be free.

Any suggestions what happens after that are welcome.

Anything that hasn't already been mentioned in this thread that you feel should be mentioned? Feel free

Last edited by tehlord on Jan-19-2010 at 15:33

Old Post Dec-04-2009 15:25  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
owien
maverick

i'm game but i think we have spoke about this before and nothing came of it. sad cos if we were to pulll it off it would be a great wat off getting your name out there.

Old Post Dec-04-2009 15:53  England
Click Here to See the Profile for owien Click here to Send owien a Private Message Visit owien's homepage! Add owien to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

Well i've already started a track

Old Post Dec-04-2009 15:58  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Boom shanka

I assume you mean that each person submits a track? In other words, it wouldn't be a giant collaboration, right? That would get messy in no time.

I'd probably be in - I think I need some sort of goal to jump start my creativity.

Sonar Platinum | Ableton Live 9 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | Nord Lead 4R | NI Maschine

Old Post Dec-04-2009 16:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by cryophonik
I assume you mean that each person submits a track? In other words, it wouldn't be a giant collaboration, right? That would get messy in no time.

I'd probably be in - I think I need some sort of goal to jump start my creativity.

A collaboration would not happen before the predicted end of the world in 2012 so yes, one track each would be better

I reckon it'd be a 3 month or so project by the time all the tracks are collected together and mastered. At a guess.

Old Post Dec-04-2009 16:16  United Kingdom
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

Come on then slackers

Here's my first 8 bars

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8434055

Old Post Dec-04-2009 16:32  United Kingdom
floyd741
addict

I can do a shitty filler track lol. In fact, I'm currently working on a pcychedelic trance kind of thing.

Old Post Dec-04-2009 16:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for floyd741 Click here to Send floyd741 a Private Message Add floyd741 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by floyd741
I can do a shitty filler track lol. In fact, I'm currently working on a pcychedelic trance kind of thing.

I think i've actually proven that I could do an album of shitty filler tracks

Let's hear the shizzle?

Old Post Dec-04-2009 16:42  United Kingdom
Kysora
Supreme tranceaddict

If you need any songs with 3 minute breakdowns, I'm your man

Old Post Dec-04-2009 16:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Kysora Click here to Send Kysora a Private Message Add Kysora to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Boom shanka

What kind of limitations are we going to have? I've been toying with a new idea that combines deep house with ambient death polka - would that be acceptable?

Sonar Platinum | Ableton Live 9 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | Nord Lead 4R | NI Maschine

Old Post Dec-04-2009 16:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by cryophonik
What kind of limitations are we going to have? I've been toying with a new idea that combines deep house with ambient death polka - would that be acceptable?

I don't see any reason for any limitations at all apart from under 5 minutes per track maybe?

If that's a hugely bad idea for some reason then just say the word.

I've heard ambient death polka is the new tech house, which WAS the new electro before minimalist throat chanting used to be.

Old Post Dec-04-2009 16:51  United Kingdom
MrJiveBoJingles
Supreme tranceaddict

A five minute track is rather short for dance music.

Old Post Dec-04-2009 16:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MrJiveBoJingles Click here to Send MrJiveBoJingles a Private Message Add MrJiveBoJingles to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > The TA album
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (49): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread