Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Sports Discussion > Olympics anyone?
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DesMc8
Supreme tranceaddict

Olympics anyone?

Has anyone been following the Olympics?

I usually miss the Winter games...just because I don't watch a lot of TV. But I've been watching all the hockey games and caught some of the skeleton rounds last night.

The people that do skeleton and luge are absolutely insane. But I can only imagine what the adrenalin rush is like.

Also saw the shoot out between Canada and Switzerland. I'm actually pretty impressed that Marty Brodeur still has it.

Old Post Feb-20-2010 02:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DesMc8 Click here to Send DesMc8 a Private Message Visit DesMc8's homepage! Add DesMc8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
thedevastation
Senior tranceaddict

the hockey games have been nothing short of spectacular along with the speed skating and snowboarding.

Old Post Feb-20-2010 02:49  Bolivia
Click Here to See the Profile for thedevastation Click here to Send thedevastation a Private Message Add thedevastation to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Uncle ED
Supreme tranceaddict

Hells Yea, I leave work Early to watch Hockey. The Canada game last night was insane!...USA Vs. Canada on Sunday.
I must say, the snowboard girls are for the most part very hot looking! Love the Winter Games

Old Post Feb-20-2010 03:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Uncle ED Click here to Send Uncle ED a Private Message Add Uncle ED to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
osterzone
Supreme tranceaddict

The hockey games to me have been a little bit of a letdown for a couple reasons:

1) No commercial breaks or long stoppages, so the games are over in about an hour and 45 minutes.

2) Lopsided blowouts

3) Ugly jerseys with hard to read player names.

Old Post Feb-20-2010 03:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for osterzone Click here to Send osterzone a Private Message Add osterzone to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
xpand3r
Supreme technoaddict

I've been watching at the gym almost everyday and can't say I have been following it though. But watching curling few days ago was interesting

Old Post Feb-20-2010 03:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for xpand3r Click here to Send xpand3r a Private Message Add xpand3r to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
element-y
!Shakawkaw!

I for one love the hockey games because there are no commercials. Its an actual game and not one for sponsors and ads.

I think the games will get better. Switzerland Canada was interesting but Bullshit how they picked Crosby to go again. The rules allow that there and i think its unfair the coach went with that. Take the loss in the preliminaries and be fair to the older players rather than go with crosby again.

Old Post Feb-20-2010 08:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for element-y Click here to Send element-y a Private Message Add element-y to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ Eco
in yo mouf

I'm a winter Olympics fanatic, ever since I was a kid... I've probably seen every event there is to see, even curling, ice dancing, EVERYTHING haha.. I haven't seen ALL the hockey games but definitely meant to catch the interesting ones...

Team Canada and Russia are in trouble... The immense amount of pressure put onto them by the media, and they're cracking already... USA/Canada is going to be VERY interesting, one for the books... The Miller/Brodeur matchup is going to be immense, that'll decide the game pretty much.

Old Post Feb-20-2010 12:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Eco Click here to Send DJ Eco a Private Message Visit DJ Eco's homepage! Add DJ Eco to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
verndogs
GET THE TANK!

NBC's coverage is, as usual, awful

quote:
[11:58] Bas //: fuck he's hot

Old Post Feb-20-2010 13:58  Philippines
Click Here to See the Profile for verndogs Click here to Send verndogs a Private Message Add verndogs to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
She_Fitz
He was into rocks....

quote:
Originally posted by verndogs
NBC's coverage is, as usual, awful

Speaking as an outsider I actually didn't think they did a bad job.

I have been enjoying the Olympics a lot this year.

There is a lot of pressure on the Canadian hockey team to win gold. I think it would be more than awesome for them to do it on home soil.

Old Post Feb-21-2010 02:59  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for She_Fitz Click here to Send She_Fitz a Private Message Add She_Fitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
verndogs
GET THE TANK!

quote:
Originally posted by She_Fitz
Speaking as an outsider I actually didn't think they did a bad job.

They're TERRIBLE. To say they're shit is putting it kindly. A lot of the marquee events that happened during the day are only shown tape delayed on their prime time program. No real option to watch it live. If one lives on the west coast (same time zone as Vancouver), guess what? You're not seeing much of the events live!

I'm really hoping either ESPN or Fox wins the 2014 or the 2016 rights so we can finally have proper coverage for once.

A few links if you want to read more about the travesty known as NBC's coverage of the Olympic Games:

http://publiceditor.blogs.nytimes.c...s-dont-tell-me/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/ric...r-olympics-vonn

quote:
[11:58] Bas //: fuck he's hot

Old Post Feb-21-2010 07:51  Philippines
Click Here to See the Profile for verndogs Click here to Send verndogs a Private Message Add verndogs to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
osterzone
Supreme tranceaddict

Huge game tonight between USA and Canada. Even though it's still the preliminary group round in ice hockey, this game will be a good measuring stick to see how team USA plays against the big boys in the Olympics. They haven't played a tough team yet.

Old Post Feb-22-2010 00:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for osterzone Click here to Send osterzone a Private Message Add osterzone to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ_Rafnel
Microbrew Addict

quote:
Originally posted by osterzone
Huge game tonight between USA and Canada. Even though it's still the preliminary group round in ice hockey, this game will be a good measuring stick to see how team USA plays against the big boys in the Olympics. They haven't played a tough team yet.

I can not wait for this, gettin ready to set back and watch this now!

As Eco said, the Miller vs Marty match is gonna play out interesting.

Email for promo/press contact

Old Post Feb-22-2010 00:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ_Rafnel Click here to Send DJ_Rafnel a Private Message Visit DJ_Rafnel's homepage! Add DJ_Rafnel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Sports Discussion > Olympics anyone?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID from Ferry @ Aria 2003.06.20 [2005] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMoontribe - "Dance Of The 7th Hill" (DJ Tiesto's Power Dub) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread