Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Europe > Europe - Germany > GERMAN TRANCE - fill me in
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Ignatius
tranceaddict in training

GERMAN TRANCE - fill me in

I am new to the scene and I'm writing a paper on German Trance music, from when it started to now. If anyone knows interesting info about German Trance please post..

Who do you like?
Famous artist past and present?
Great scenes, which cities are hoppin?
Important times in German Trance history?

My family is from North Germany (Brunsbuttell), so maybe someone can fill me in on the Humberg scene....

Anything... I'm hungry for GERMAN TRANCE!

Old Post Nov-17-2010 21:33  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Ignatius Click here to Send Ignatius a Private Message Add Ignatius to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Terrence Parker

This movie might a good start:

Old Post Nov-17-2010 21:48  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Terrence Parker Click here to Send Terrence Parker a Private Message Add Terrence Parker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
STRANDJUNGE
generation golf

Re: GERMAN TRANCE - fill me in

quote:
Originally posted by Ignatius
My family is from North Germany (Brunsbuttell), so maybe someone can fill me in on the Humberg scene....

if you mean hamburg you can check following pages to have an overview about the mainevents for "trance" and "hardstyle" in our city:

www.tunnel.de
www.trancebass.de
www.clubfood.de
www.myspace.com/tranceporthh
www.myspace.com/hamburgwlt

Modeselektor, Benjamin Damage u.a.

Old Post Nov-18-2010 21:25  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for STRANDJUNGE Click here to Send STRANDJUNGE a Private Message Visit STRANDJUNGE's homepage! Add STRANDJUNGE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
samblackhole
Junior tranceaddict

Which Trance do you mean? Do you mean the commercial so called Trance, called HandsUp in the scene, like Cascada, Groove Coverage or Scooter? Or do you mean Trance like Armin van Buuren, Tiesto and Paul van Dyk?
If you mean the first, the posted links could be what you search. If you mean second, the only club that I know where trance parties often happen is the Butan in Wuppertal. One Trance Label that you could be interested in is Heavens Gate, owned by Alex M.O.R.P.H. and Woody van Eyden, which are very nice trance DJs and Producers as well, also Markus Schulz is a german producer and DJ I think, and also Roger Shah... I think it shouldn't be difficult to find some of them. Also look at the DJ Mag Top 100, many of the listed acts are trance acts.
The beginnings of trance where in Belgium and Germany, I think in Frankfurt but I'm not sure. Look a bit arround in several forums, and perhaps you might find something on wikipedia or in the magazin Raveline.

Old Post Nov-19-2010 09:53  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for samblackhole Click here to Send samblackhole a Private Message Add samblackhole to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ignatius
tranceaddict in training

the real scene, not the commercial - thanks "samblackhole"

thanks sambalckhole...
I am lookng for the real trance, the groundbreaking artists...Marcus shultz, he is really good.. i will look into the frankfurt scene..
thank you

Keep it comin..

Old Post Nov-19-2010 19:57  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Ignatius Click here to Send Ignatius a Private Message Add Ignatius to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ignatius
tranceaddict in training

Yes the Hamburg Scene.....

Thank you STRANDJUNGE, TERRENCE PARKER
Yes the Hamburg Scene.... I'm checking those sites out now... how is the Berlin trance scene doing...has it kept up ?

That movie is awesome...thank you

Old Post Nov-19-2010 20:02  Canada
STRANDJUNGE
generation golf

you're welcome.

quote:

Which Trance do you mean? Do you mean the commercial so called Trance, called HandsUp in the scene, like Cascada, Groove Coverage or Scooter? Or do you mean Trance like Armin van Buuren, Tiesto and Paul van Dyk?

you won't have trance like armin, tiesto or pvd in hamburg. the links
reflect all which is offered but once a year you will have something like heaven's gate, euphonic or ferry corsten here. for june 2011 scooter is planning a "stadium techno inferno" in the imtech arena where normally hsv play soccer for 57.000 fans.

same like for the "technoheads", we won't have sven väth, richie hawtin or 'kne deep here in our town. but we have nice small events where you can get happy with "house" & "techno".

excused me, i don't wanna start a discussion about hamburg scence,
specially why i'm not "trance" or "hardstyle" but i'm open minded in many kinds of music and interessted in the electronic nightlife of our town.

ps

when you're looking for great productions from germany from the past, look for cosmic baby, resistance d., jam & spoon, rmb.

Modeselektor, Benjamin Damage u.a.

Last edited by STRANDJUNGE on Nov-19-2010 at 21:58

Old Post Nov-19-2010 21:48  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for STRANDJUNGE Click here to Send STRANDJUNGE a Private Message Visit STRANDJUNGE's homepage! Add STRANDJUNGE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
samblackhole
Junior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by STRANDJUNGE
when you're looking for great productions from germany from the past, look for cosmic baby, resistance d., jam & spoon, rmb.

True, they were great producers, but that's not trance. That's something else, whatever.
Also, it is true, that it is very difficult to find real trance events or clubs in Germany. Sometimes, Trance-DJs come to Germany, as in Butan or on the Open Air Floor on the Nature One. But elsewhere, trance is almost dead. It's a very little scene that is spread all over Germany.
If you want, look on trancebase.fm , that's a trance radio, I'm sure the DJs will help you on your research.

Greets

Old Post Nov-20-2010 05:16  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for samblackhole Click here to Send samblackhole a Private Message Add samblackhole to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sir. Lunchalot
Paradenliebhaber

quote:
Originally posted by samblackhole
True, they were great producers, but that's not trance. That's something else, whatever.

That is the purest trance there ever was. Why should these not be trance?

Old Post Nov-20-2010 11:24  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Sir. Lunchalot Click here to Send Sir. Lunchalot a Private Message Add Sir. Lunchalot to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
samblackhole
Junior tranceaddict

Sorry, I may be wrong, I don't know that much from this time, but RMB trance? I heard some songs but that's not what I would define trance... Could be that it was like this before... Sorry for bad information in case

Old Post Nov-20-2010 12:36  Germany
mar she
Supreme tranceaddict

no trance in hamburg? lol
what about "we love trance" or the upcoming "euphonic night"? or hde? or "huehnerposten"?

i think you have more "trance" up there than we have it here in saxony...

hm, berlin is the main city for elektro-minimalistic-techno! but sometimes pvd makes a party like "vandit night" or "we are one". or some local djs are organising a small "underground trance party" in a little "club" or "pub"...

i don't know any club or disco which is playing trance every weekend. so you'll have to look for those special parties in germany (nature one, mayday, we are one, euphonic night, we love trance, techno club, ...)

Last edited by mar she on Nov-20-2010 at 13:18

Old Post Nov-20-2010 13:10  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for mar she Click here to Send mar she a Private Message Visit mar she's homepage! Add mar she to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sir. Lunchalot
Paradenliebhaber

quote:
Originally posted by samblackhole
Sorry, I may be wrong, I don't know that much from this time, but RMB trance? I heard some songs but that's not what I would define trance... Could be that it was like this before... Sorry for bad information in case

If you want to write about the history of trance (no matter if Germany or anywhere else), then you can not leave out these artists. This is like saying, just because Jimmy Hendrix does not sound like Bon Jovi he is not considered rock music.

Please listen to the following (sorry can't provide samples for all of them where I live):

Comsic Baby:

Liebe (red)
Loops of inifinity
Heavens Tears
...and so many more from him

resistance d.:

Beautiful silence
Space Baby

jam&spoon:

RIght in the night
Stella

RMB:

Spring
Redemption
Matisse

...and many more. All of the above have defined the genre by that time. Without these artists (and a few more) and these songs there would be nothing that would be called "Trance" today. I highly recommend you to listen to these songs and research into this area.

Old Post Nov-20-2010 17:45  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Sir. Lunchalot Click here to Send Sir. Lunchalot a Private Message Add Sir. Lunchalot to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Europe > Europe - Germany > GERMAN TRANCE - fill me in
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRemix,remake or bootleg 2.... [2004] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSyntax - "Pray" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread