Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2011 / Miami Music Week 2011 > Anyone else dissapointed that WMC & Ultra are being held two different weeks now?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
progress
Where's my protein shake?

Anyone else dissapointed that WMC & Ultra are being held two different weeks now?

Seems that this move is going to make it lose some steam. I think it's going to kill WMC, Ultra & the parties are the reason people are heading to South Florida.

But then on the flipside, it definitely distinguishes what most are going for - the music & parties.

Old Post Mar-10-2011 18:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for progress Click here to Send progress a Private Message Add progress to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PatMcGroin
lost

dont quite understand what you're trying to say with your second point. theres never been a battle between those who are here for the actual conference and those who are here for the parties. the more the merrier who cares what you're here for.

but yea it does suck. seems that both weeks are bit weaker than normal. wmc obviously way more than umf week. im curious what happens next year if they will kiss and make up or what.

Old Post Mar-10-2011 18:54  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for PatMcGroin Click here to Send PatMcGroin a Private Message Add PatMcGroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

Any reports from WMC so far? My friend that lives there said it's pretty lame last year and obviously nothing like it normally is. I think Ultra Week is gonna be pretty much on par with last year...

Old Post Mar-11-2011 01:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sleezy beetch
Senior tranceaddict

I think WMC this year is going to be great for the locals at least. You can go out and there are tons of free parties. Most of the parties that are charging are cheaper than previous years for sure.

Old Post Mar-11-2011 01:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sleezy beetch Click here to Send sleezy beetch a Private Message Add sleezy beetch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PatMcGroin
lost

i havent seen anything worthwhile going to yet.. tomorrow is a different story though.

Old Post Mar-11-2011 01:43  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for PatMcGroin Click here to Send PatMcGroin a Private Message Add PatMcGroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DPetey81
Supreme tranceaddict

Ultra week is definitely weaker than last year because of the WMC split. There are several clubs I haven't seen anything from that usually have a week full of events. There's still a hell of a lot of stuff going on and we should feel lucky that something like this is going on in the states. I do predict that WMC will move back next year. I imagine that the actual conference has to be hurting a little due to the split.

Old Post Mar-11-2011 04:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DPetey81 Click here to Send DPetey81 a Private Message Visit DPetey81's homepage! Add DPetey81 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DPetey81
Ultra week is definitely weaker than last year because of the WMC split. There are several clubs I haven't seen anything from that usually have a week full of events. There's still a hell of a lot of stuff going on and we should feel lucky that something like this is going on in the states. I do predict that WMC will move back next year. I imagine that the actual conference has to be hurting a little due to the split.

What clubs arent doing anything?

Old Post Mar-11-2011 04:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MdTechno
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats

B.E.D during UMF week not anything I have seen.

Old Post Mar-11-2011 04:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MdTechno Click here to Send MdTechno a Private Message Add MdTechno to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DPetey81
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats

Well, it's hard to keep up on all the parties, as well as which clubs have shut down or changed names, but.....

B.E.D. came to mind right away. It's been a staple for some parties during WMC.
Parkwest (still there?)
Nocturnal, inside (I know, problems)
I don't think The National Hotel Pool (nevermind, just saw a pool party)

Is there anything at Cameo on Saturday? That would be really surpising.

Heathrow
L'Folie
Eden Roc pool
Aerobar
The Living Room
Grass Lounge
Tangia

and quite a few others, mainly pools, that I haven't noticed.. but, honestly, havent been paying that close attention.

Old Post Mar-11-2011 04:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DPetey81 Click here to Send DPetey81 a Private Message Visit DPetey81's homepage! Add DPetey81 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
stvy
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DPetey81
Well, it's hard to keep up on all the parties, as well as which clubs have shut down or changed names, but.....

B.E.D. came to mind right away. It's been a staple for some parties during WMC.
Parkwest (still there?)
Nocturnal, inside (I know, problems)
I don't think The National Hotel Pool (nevermind, just saw a pool party)

Is there anything at Cameo on Saturday? That would be really surpising.

Heathrow
L'Folie
Eden Roc pool
Aerobar
The Living Room
Grass Lounge
Tangia

and quite a few others, mainly pools, that I haven't noticed.. but, honestly, havent been paying that close attention.

Embrace used to handle most of BEDs nights SOS, Howells, Lawler, Porterhouse. 2 of those are at treehouse now. kinda glad. bed isn't anything special to me. they have a hiphop show on friday I think? Happy to catch danny @a new place. hopefully treehouse is decent.

Old Post Mar-11-2011 05:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for stvy Click here to Send stvy a Private Message Add stvy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
calex
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Eden Roc pool

Ya, I'm bummed that nothing has been announced for Eden Roc this year. Staying there for the 2nd year in a row and after last year I was hoping there would be at least a couple of pool parties to check out this year.

Old Post Mar-11-2011 06:06  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for calex Click here to Send calex a Private Message Add calex to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2011 / Miami Music Week 2011 > Anyone else dissapointed that WMC & Ultra are being held two different weeks now?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackdeep/prog house tune ID [2005] [12]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFerry Corsten - "Kyoto" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread