Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Pages (66): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)
Corona Virus Fears in your area

Wuddup guys. Figured I'd start a civilized discussion (not really) about how your respective areas/locations are handling the fears associated with the Corona virus.

I'm here in Los Angeles and unfortunately, bad news spreads like the wild fires we have every year. You can already see people getting ready by buying additional supplies. A friend told me that her local Costco was out of toilet paper and another Costco in an adjacent city was limiting the amount of water (2 cases) they could purchase.

The company that I work for has already communicated that any work related travel was restricted and any upcoming non-work related travel plans (especially to affected areas like Washington state) would require manager notification. All precautions of course.

I'm personally not too concerned about the virus but I am worried about my daughters school having to temporarily close. That means my wife or I would have to take time off. Not too bad for me because of vacation/sick time but my wife is self employed. So if she doesn't work, she doesn't make money.

What's going on in your areas?

Old Post Mar-05-2020 17:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

oh... we were also planning a family trip to Barcelona this summer (with quick outing to Innervisions as well). Thankfully we haven't purchased flights yet as our plans are on hold for now. I'm sure it'll be safe BUTTTT lets just see how things work out. Maybe flights and hotels will be cheaper if we wait it out.

Old Post Mar-05-2020 17:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I'm supposed to be in Amsterdam month to see Hernan Cattaneo. Given that flights and large gatherings of people are two of the things most affected by this bloody virus, betting's off if I'll actually get to go.

Other than that, and the spectacle of Chinese students everywhere wearing face masks, it's business as usual here.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Mar-05-2020 18:28  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

We just had our first confirmed case in Texas yesterday, so there's nothing too crazy going on here yet. I'm curious to see how the figures climb once the US stops dragging its ass on rolling out large-scale testing. My parents live in Washington not very far from where some of the first American deaths happened, so I am a bit concerned for them.

Old Post Mar-05-2020 19:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

The virus itself is not the danger, it's each country's health system's ability to respond to and manage the critically ill cases that need hospitalization. Continuing to isolate/contain the spread, as has been happening, is the right move for now.

My region was heavily affected by SARS when it happened, so we have been very well prepared to respond to Covid-19 via thorough screening and quarantine practices, and routine personal protection ie, handwashing, etc.

Here's a really great reddit post breaking down the most up to date stats + research.

https://www.reddit.com/r/China_Flu/...utm_name=iossmf

Old Post Mar-05-2020 21:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

There have been 13 people test positive here in Queensland so far, last time I checked. So far the only "disruption" is that people have started panic buying in the last couple of days, and there is literally no toilet paper on the shelves in supermarkets.

Old Post Mar-05-2020 21:27  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

There is an outbreak just 20 km from here in Germany. A guy at my work and two women at my wife's live there. The women have been ill, but weren't infected.
82 people have the virus here, most in the area of Utrecht.
Also most of them visited Italy recently.
I already have a cold all week, I'm not worried though.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Mar-05-2020 21:30  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
So far the only "disruption" is that people have started panic buying in the last couple of days, and there is literally no toilet paper on the shelves in supermarkets.

This is what I'm worried about. I need to go shopping at Costco today and need to reup on some toilet paper.

Old Post Mar-05-2020 21:45  United States
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

There are only 12 confirmed cases here so far, but the amount of infected has to be more if the virus really is contagious in its incubation stage. A planeful of people from Northern Italy came back home during the week and they weren't tested, so there's that. Our Northern parts are blessed with quite many Chinese tourists during this season, but surprisingly only one Chinese tourist has been tested positive.

Not very concerned for myself, but we have many old people in the family, some of age 90+. I'd be worried for their health, were they to catch the virus. We have a total of around 250 intensive care units here, so I'm not very confident in our capability of handling a full-blown epidemic of something where 20% of those infected require intensive care.

The individual quarantine cases we've had for now have been handled way too loosely in my opinion: if someone's tested positive for the virus, they're instructed to self-quarantine, with no mention what so ever of what their family should do, so the immediate family of those that have been infected have just been going to work and studies normally, I guess. On the other hand, our national railway company disinfected a whole train just because a person on the train mentioned they had flu-like symptoms. They didn't have COVID in the end.

Also, we keep a few days' worth of food in our cupboards normally and can work remotely, so we're set on that front.

Old Post Mar-05-2020 21:59  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

When I see people buying 3, 5, 8, 20 packages of TP, each carrying about 12-24 rolls, I can't help but wonder how much they go through on the regular. Like, the quarantine periods only a few weeks, right? Do they expect the virus to give them the shits too?

(~)

Old Post Mar-06-2020 02:34  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

I'm trying to convince my wife that we should go to Venice next weekend but she is reluctant.

It's hard to avoid the feeling that the whole world has gone insane and is blowing this virus ridiculously out of proportion. For many years now, possible hundreds or thousands, as human lives have gotten more and more comfortable, we've become more and more risk-adverse. Everyone freaking out about this seems like a perfect example. If I was old or had respiratory problems, I would likely proactively self-isolate, but I'm not and I don't, so I would like a super cheap 5 star hotel in Venice.

Old Post Mar-06-2020 10:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

1 confirmed case in TN, so far, which is where I live. I am going to restrict things like going to training/conferences, as my wife's lungs, thanks to her chemotherapy and radiation treatments, are like those of an 80 year old COPD patient. Well...not QUITE that bad, but bad enough that if she got the virus, she would, at the very least, require hospitalization. We're trying to avoid that, as we are still "paying for cancer" and her spinal fusion surgery. Healthcare and insurance are so fucked up in this country that it's not even funny.

Old Post Mar-06-2020 12:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (66): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackid this track, marco v plays [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackIngmar - To The Rescue [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread