Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Quarantine Livestream Setup
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
miamitranceman
Extreme tranceaddict

Quarantine Livestream Setup

Thinking about adding a livestream component to my monthly mix series. I’ve seen a lot of positive comments about OBS which is free. I think Twitch is the service to go with.

What are you guys using to stream?

www.mixcloud.com/jluger

Old Post Apr-18-2020 14:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for miamitranceman Click here to Send miamitranceman a Private Message Add miamitranceman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TigerClaw
GDJB Staff

Re: Quarantine Livestream Setup

quote:
Originally posted by miamitranceman
Thinking about adding a livestream component to my monthly mix series. I’ve seen a lot of positive comments about OBS which is free. I think Twitch is the service to go with.

What are you guys using to stream?

Yeah a lot of DJs are using Twitch to live stream there sets.

Keep in mind. If a track gets flagged for copyright. What will end up happening is the archive of the stream will have a part of of it muted which contains the copyrighted material. But all in all you can stream on Twitch without any issues.

However Mixcloud introduced a live streaming service for DJs. Its in the beta stages. But it will allow DJs to stream on there platform without any copyright issues.

MarkusSchulz.com Party107.com 160k 32k

Old Post Apr-23-2020 23:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TigerClaw Click here to Send TigerClaw a Private Message Add TigerClaw to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miamitranceman
Extreme tranceaddict

Saw that!

Been using Mixcloud for years to host my sets for that very reason of no copyright issues. Big fan.

www.mixcloud.com/jluger

Old Post Apr-25-2020 03:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for miamitranceman Click here to Send miamitranceman a Private Message Add miamitranceman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Teezdalien
Supreme tranceaddict

I've been trying to stream, but my bandwidth is the biggest problem and just don't have the upload speeds required to make it worthwhile.

Yes OBS is great software for screencasting etc. A lot of my videos on youtube are made with OBS.

Old Post May-23-2020 03:18  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Teezdalien Click here to Send Teezdalien a Private Message Add Teezdalien to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miamitranceman
Extreme tranceaddict

Nice.

I finally got it all set up and actually did my first stream a few nights ago.

https://twitch.tv/djjustinluger

Considering I’m running Traktor, OBS, and line in all off of one MacBook Pro, I’m happy with the quality overall.

www.mixcloud.com/jluger

Old Post May-24-2020 19:07  United States
DJ Sarah H
Louboutin's Bitch

i'm also on Twitch

https://www.twitch.tv/dj_sarah_hall

Old Post May-05-2021 22:13  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Sarah H Click here to Send DJ Sarah H a Private Message Add DJ Sarah H to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Quarantine Livestream Setup
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackdi-di-di-disco! [2010] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTerry Bones vs Fred Baker - "Introspection" (John Askew Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread