Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The end of Daft Punk
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

The end of Daft Punk

quote:
Daft Punk, the Parisian duo responsible for some of the most popular dance and pop songs ever made, have split. They broke the news with an 8-minute video titled “Epilogue,” excerpted from their 2006 film Electroma. Asked if Daft Punk were no more, their longtime publicist Kathryn Frazier confirmed the news to Pitchfork but gave no reason for the breakup.

https://pitchfork.com/news/daft-punk-call-it-quits/

This is the video that they posted as a goodbye:

Can't call myself a big fan of the past decade or so of their career, but they had some great tunes over the years.

Old Post Feb-22-2021 17:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

What's the over-under on Alive Reunion happening this decade?

(~)

Old Post Feb-23-2021 00:15  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Sykonee is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djthunderbird
welcometoESTonia

Dont worry, they will be back in a little less than a decade with a new single, "best of" album, reunion tour and loads of merch.

check out:
dtb.planet.ee <-- A couple of my mix cd-s (Deep House & Progressive with a trancy touch

Old Post Feb-23-2021 18:02  Estonia
Click Here to See the Profile for djthunderbird Click here to Send djthunderbird a Private Message Add djthunderbird to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Now they're safely gone, can I admit I've only ever genuinely liked about five of their tunes?

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Feb-23-2021 18:13  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
r5a
snake inverter

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Now they're safely gone, can I admit I've only ever genuinely liked about five of their tunes?

sounds about right.

have to give credit tho for their work on tron legacy, i thought they really fucking nailed it for that movie.

Old Post Feb-26-2021 00:53  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for r5a Click here to Send r5a a Private Message Add r5a to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

Sad day

Odd they'd call it quits after 7-8 years of not performing or releasing new material. Homework is my absolute favourite dance record and had a massive impact on me during my adolescence. Not seeing them on their 2007 tour is my single greatest party regret.

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post Feb-27-2021 04:34  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miamitranceman
Extreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
Sad day

Odd they'd call it quits after 7-8 years of not performing or releasing new material. Homework is my absolute favourite dance record and had a massive impact on me during my adolescence. Not seeing them on their 2007 tour is my single greatest party regret.

Same here. Missed them in Miami. D’oh!

www.mixcloud.com/jluger

Last edited by miamitranceman on Feb-27-2021 at 21:02

Old Post Feb-27-2021 04:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for miamitranceman Click here to Send miamitranceman a Private Message Add miamitranceman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity
Supreme tranceaddict

Their 1997 essential mix is a french house/ghetto house mix and although it's deemed as legendary and iconic, it wasn't my cup of tea. I prefer albums from The Chemical Brothers and The Crystal Method from the same year, but that's probably because I have different taste from those who dig Homework. With that being said, it would've been still been worth the admission to attend their Alive 2007 tour.

Old Post Feb-28-2021 16:24  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity Click here to Send Mattsanity a Private Message Add Mattsanity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tetatdo
Senior tranceaddict

Honestly people are so sad about this but they havent released anything for 7 or 8 years at this point, and even then that last album was....okay.

I do admit they have quite a legacy. And I saw them both at Coachella in 2006 and also on the Alive tour in 2007, the alive tour show is one of my top 10 ever.

(Now back in the boring USA )

Old Post Mar-04-2021 15:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for tetatdo Click here to Send tetatdo a Private Message Visit tetatdo's homepage! Add tetatdo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

quote:
Originally posted by miamitranceman
Same here. Missed them in Miami. D’oh!

Miami is my other major massive party fail - Chem Bros @ Ultra

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post Mar-05-2021 03:59  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J

Could this be where our taste in music finally converges?

Only really enjoyed Alive 1997 because it was a new twist on most of my favourite songs from Homework. But then, they went full otaku with Discovery and I lost all interest.

They're clearly very talented, and the Tron:Legacy soundtrack was pretty great... just not my cup of café au lait.

Old Post Apr-29-2021 02:47  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The end of Daft Punk
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackProgressive tune needs ID [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackVandueren Feat. Azia - "Andor Voyage" (Dj Jan vs Vandueren Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread