Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Yoshitoshi Favorites
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DanceFloorPoet
Dance Floor Poet

Hello TA members,

I compiled some of my favorite Yoshitoshi progressive house picks into a video here. Let me know if you agree and which other classics I might be missing from my collection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt8jouudp8M

--Mark

Old Post Mar-17-2021 00:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DanceFloorPoet Click here to Send DanceFloorPoet a Private Message Add DanceFloorPoet to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity
Supreme tranceaddict

Nice content. Alcatraz - Giv Me Luv is a classic US house record.

I found this description on Yoshitoshi's soundcloud from 2014:

It takes a lot to achieve the status of ‘legendary’ or ‘era-defining’ in dance music, it’s sands shift so quickly artists, genres and labels have often come and gone before you realise. So it’s with some pride and deserved justification that Yoshitoshi marks its 20th anniversary with celebratory remix packages of its most iconic tracks. Already riding high in the Beatport charts with the success of the Uto Karem and Robosonic mixes of Eddie Amador’s ‘House Music’, the latter of which has spent the past month in the overall top 5, the label now plans a one, two punch with the follow-up: Alcatraz’ seminal ‘Giv Me Luv’.

“We thought long and hard about how we scheduled this 20th anniversary project,” says label boss Sharam, “little point launching big and then following up with a whimper so we deliberately chose Alcatraz for this difficult task. But the challenge didn’t end there; a massive record still deserves a massive remix and I think it’s safe to say we found the perfect woman for the job...”

Step forward undisputed techno titan Nicole Moudaber who leapt at the opportunity to remix the track. “I’ve got so many fond memories of ‘Giv Me Luv’, it was one of my favourite tunes from my formative clubbing days,” recalls Nicole happily, “so, when Yoshi mentioned the idea of me remix-ing it I just couldn’t say no. In fact I was so familiar with Alcatraz I was already awash with ideas of what I could, or should, do with it. As I got into the mix one of those ideas just grew and grew, namely an extended breakdown that constantly builds; layering the memorable vocal to an intense pay-off and (hopeful) moment of real dancefloor drama.”

Last edited by Mattsanity on Mar-17-2021 at 02:53

Old Post Mar-17-2021 02:44  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity Click here to Send Mattsanity a Private Message Add Mattsanity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

quote:
Originally posted by Mattsanity
namely an extended breakdown”

the lAst thing any song needs

Old Post Mar-17-2021 04:03  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

Nice one - spread that vinyl love.

So many more releases could be mentioned here, especially from 2000-2002 for me personally... the 6400 Crew EP, Weekend World - The Word/Outsider, Airgap - Resolve (and Airgap - Inside/Flux on Shinichi). Been hearing a lot of Luzon's Baguio Track while listening to old set recordings. And so on!

Old Post Mar-17-2021 12:26  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
the lAst thing any song needs

The original mix is fun and upbeat and the nicole moudaber remix is dark and filthy. I guess it's all about preference.

Old Post Mar-17-2021 19:47  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity Click here to Send Mattsanity a Private Message Add Mattsanity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

quote:
Originally posted by Mattsanity
I guess it's all about preference.

True; I prefer to be right.

Old Post Mar-17-2021 22:16  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DanceFloorPoet
Dance Floor Poet

thanks guys. Checking out some of the tips mentioned above ^^^. Its a huge catalog!

Old Post Apr-01-2021 23:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DanceFloorPoet Click here to Send DanceFloorPoet a Private Message Add DanceFloorPoet to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SPANIARD
Supreme tranceaddict

Great vid Mark, well done. I've been following your channel and it's been highly enjoyable.

Personally, I always liked Yoshitoshi as a label much more than Deep Dish as producers or DJs. Deep Dish were extremely popular in Toronto and were here quite frequently from 1999-2006 or so. I usually attributed it to the popularity amongst the Iranian community here but they were also an easy flight price being based in the U.S. They never really did it for me as I could never get into their sets be it short or long and it is only the rare occasion I find myself interested in a Dubfire set these days (is Sharam even active?).

Having said that, they really did create a goldmine of a Progressive label. Some of the hidden gems in their catalogue are real high quality. Check this one out. I'm hard pressed to find a better belter of 90s prog house.

https://youtu.be/DWedMhdDoGs

Last edited by SPANIARD on Apr-02-2021 at 20:47

Old Post Apr-02-2021 19:44  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for SPANIARD Click here to Send SPANIARD a Private Message Add SPANIARD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DanceFloorPoet
Dance Floor Poet

Thank you Spaniard . I'm checking out your recommendation now.

Old Post Apr-04-2021 02:33  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Yoshitoshi Favorites
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBanging trance tune! [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackProtocol - "Breath Of Life" (?? Remix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread