Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 314: Make Friday Threads on Fridays Again!
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Friday 314: Make Friday Threads on Fridays Again!

I have come to save the tradition of posting Friday threads on a Friday... which is a pretty futile exercise, but I happen to be free right now

So, how's everyone doing? I'm having a lot of fun preparing for the winter break, as I bought myself a cool rack to organise my "sound toys". Spent my Thursday night assembling the rack, and will give it a quick go on the weekend.

And you? What are you lot up to?

Old Post May-14-2021 04:59  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

Still suffering from one of the longest and worst sinus infections of my life. I think it's going on six or seven years, now, with the last year being torture.

Work has been nuts this week. My boss is on vacation, and he's the Palo Alto firewall expert. We're converting our standard ATM fleet to IATMs (interactive ATMs), and the test terminal and software vendor have been on sight for testing.

We are scheduled to return to the office on July 1, so I am enjoying my final days of easy commuting from one bedroom to another, lol. Come July, I lose 1 hr and 10 mins of each day, again.

This weekend is the usual: babysit the wife's deadbeat cousin's kids, work a half day, mow the 4 hour yard from hell, and then clean house. By the time that's done, it will be 5:30 AM on Monday, and time to start all over again.

Old Post May-14-2021 10:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Swim practice today, 50 miles on the bike tomorrow, and a full olympic triathlon training session on Sunday. I'm going to be absolutely exhausted by Monday.

On the parenting side, our oldest appears to no longer need a pull-up overnight and the baby is sleeping all the way through the night and starting to eat table food. Makes our lives easier!

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post May-14-2021 12:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
Swim practice today, 50 miles on the bike tomorrow, and a full olympic triathlon training session on Sunday. I'm going to be absolutely exhausted by Monday.

On the parenting side, our oldest appears to no longer need a pull-up overnight and the baby is sleeping all the way through the night and starting to eat table food. Makes our lives easier!

Just give it a few and they'll be driving. Pucker factor goes up to 11, then.

Old Post May-14-2021 13:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Goddamn beautiful weather here FINALLY. Spending most of our days outside has been bloody life affirming. I love just packing my backpack and heading out on daily adventures with my sweetie.

So yeah that's what I'm doing today. Prob take the bikes out this weekend or something. Wewt.

Last edited by Silky Johnson on May-14-2021 at 22:44

Old Post May-14-2021 13:22 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Goddamn beautiful weather here FINALLY. Spending most of our days outside has been bloody life affirming. I love just packing my backpack and heading out on daily adventures with my sweetie.

So yeah that's why I'm doing today. Prob take the bikes out this weekend or something. Wewt.

We've had one of our "once in every ten years" springs where the temps are way lower than average. We've had highs in the 60s (F) and lows in the lower 40s or upper 30s (F), and the humidity is low to boot. It's shit for gardening (veggies LOVE warm soil), but it's perfect for everyday outdoor activities, like mowing or walking/hiking, and, ironically, working in the non-existent garden. The wife has 40 strawberry plants, still in pots, just sitting in the driveway. We go out and snag a few ripe ones each day, and they are SO fucking good. I could eat a pound a day. When summer finally does hit, it's going to hurt like a bastard. This is like early spring/March weather.

Old Post May-14-2021 13:25  United States
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Oh yeah it's been wretched. Frost expected as late as the 20th, I believe, per the Farmer's Almanac.

Old Post May-14-2021 13:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

Generally speaking, once we hit May, especially mid May, we're already into the higher humidity percentages and highs in the 80s. I prefer springs like this one, though, as I loathe humidity. Nothing like turning left on the mower for four fucking hours in 100% humidity. If the American Civil War had been fought in the South ONLY, I'm pretty sure the Yanks would have called it after a week of fighting in August, lol.

Old Post May-14-2021 14:38  United States
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

Diversify your vegetables- kale, radish frost resistant. The weather is amazing. Going to point pelee one of these weekends (southern miost part of mainland Canada) hoping to see some cool birds.

A worker from another floor of my gf’s work chose not to get vaccinated, brought in covid, a resident died (who’s family also chose for them not to get vaccinated) and then the (nurse or psw) ended up dying last week. my gf hates long term care, she can’t wait to get out.

Just thinking how nice it would be to get on a lake front patio eating some oysters right now

Old Post May-14-2021 15:19  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

I'll never understand plague enthusiasts, Planetary Player. Some will chug down chloroquine like it's gummy bears, yet "they can't trust the vaccine just yet".

Yes, Karen, and quite a few of us are probably going to see Thine Almighty Manager Who Art In Heaven pretty quick if you keep it up
quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
Still suffering from one of the longest and worst sinus infections of my life. I think it's going on six or seven years, now, with the last year being torture.

Aw, man, I have occasional sinusitis too, apparently due to turbinate hypertrophy. Dust used to be my arch-nemesis, and I'd have crippling headaches. Yours sounds way worse than mine, so I can only commiserate with you and say I can only imagine how awful this must be
quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf

That's pretty damn impressive. Do you listen to music with one of those waterproof paraphernalia while you do all this, or does this double as meditation to clear your mind from everything else?

I assume anything extra would slow you down, but frantic electronic music always gives me some energy boost
quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Goddamn beautiful weather here FINALLY. Spending most of our days outside has been bloody life affirming.

How snowy is it really up there? Does it snow up until April, or is it just rainy after the winter?

Old Post May-14-2021 20:23  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Re: Friday 314: Make Friday Threads on Fridays Again!

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
I bought myself a cool rack to organise my "sound toys". Spent my Thursday night assembling the rack, and will give it a quick go on the weekend.

Nice rack, Lira

Old Post May-14-2021 20:51  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Re: Re: Friday 314: Make Friday Threads on Fridays Again!

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Nice rack, Lira

OMG, THANKYOU!

It's still messy because I have a viva in half an hour, but you can kind of see it's a big fun rack

Old Post May-14-2021 21:38  Brazil

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 314: Make Friday Threads on Fridays Again!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback3rd Track from Kaysey Taylor Promo 01-2005 [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackGizeh - Wonderful (Original Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread