Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 315: Eurovision weekend
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Friday 315: Eurovision weekend

It's so weird to see people mingle in a stadium after the pandemic, but I'm currently watching Eurovision and I can't decide if it's like a vision of a distant past or a near future.

Speaking of the pandemic, last month I tried a very exotic North American leavened fried dough called "doughnut" for the first time this year.

Never really cared for sweets (and I still don't), but Dunkin' Donuts had arrived in my city a couple of years ago, and I'd often have iced latte there. My wife would also occasionally get some doughnuts for dessert on special occasions, so I decided to try some when I found a flavour I thought I'd like... I was right, but it was then discontinued this month, so no more doughnuts for me

What about you? Have you tried anything new this year?

Old Post May-22-2021 20:01  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

Definitely surprised how many people get to physically be in the audience. I guess the situation's better than I imagined.

This is my first time watching the whole show since Lordi won, and for the show alone the whole thing's starting to grow back on me in a way. Generally the music's just so bad and the two or three potential winners have been clear since they entered the contest, which kills a lot of the excitement. Still, maybe I'll watch next time too, even if our entry isn't a Judas Priest or Linkin Park copy.

I keep pining for entries like Ireland's from 1996, but I guess you can only do the folkish thing every now and then without it getting stale.

Old Post May-22-2021 22:38  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by JEO
Definitely surprised how many people get to physically be in the audience. I guess the situation's better than I imagined.

All people got tested, very strict rules here.

The zero points were strong today

Many non-English songs on top.

Italy had a very good song, Finland too as second rocker.
Several other tracks would have been okay as winner I think.
Overal it wasn't too bad music wise I think.

Personally I also like the Norwegian song a lot.

It was the biggest production ever in our country and I think they put up an amazing high tech show.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post May-22-2021 23:25  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Oh, something else caught my attention: among the TOP 5, only one entry was sung in English. It had been a while since it last happened...
quote:
Originally posted by Zak McKracken
And as usual lots of weird stuff, I like it.

That's what made the Ukrainian entry so good. The psy-trance aesthetic, didgeridoos, faster tempo for the second drop. It was so weird it was amazing

I'm glad the public bumped it near the TOP 3, it was well deserved.
quote:
Originally posted by JEO
maybe I'll watch next time too, even if our entry isn't a Judas Priest or Linkin Park copy

Haha, a European friend gave me the heads-up precisely because we used to listen to Linkin' Park together back in the day, and she was surprised nu-metal finally made its way to Eurovision.
quote:
Originally posted by Trance-M
The zero points were strong today

Haha, can you imagine what must've gone through the mind of the British singer?

It's kind of incredible that a country whose music is that popular managed to please absolutely no one. They should've sent Skepta instead and called it a day. Also, the German song was so politically correct, even I found it a bit too much. Couldn't they have picked Meat187 for once?
quote:
Originally posted by Trance-M
It was the biggest production ever in our country and I think they put up an amazing high tech show.

It was a great show indeed, although I wish they picked a gabber producer over Afrojack

Last edited by Lira on May-23-2021 at 02:24

Old Post May-23-2021 02:00  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

Euro what?

Went to a all vaccinated lil gathering for a friends wedding. Just a gathering in a backyard. but we got to sit at a table unmasked with 3 other couples, having drinks and appetizers. Was wild and felt like pre-pandemic for a bit.

Old Post May-23-2021 10:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

It's been a long weekend. The wife has been sick all week, and then one of our miniature Dachshunds came down with acute pancreatitis. If she lives till Monday, she'll be admitted to the vet for up to 48 hours for IV fluids and antibiotics. I've been spending the night on the couch with the dog on an air mattress in the floor next to me.

We've also jumped, as we often do in TN, from perfect/late spring weather into dry, record-setting heat. I did the yard work early yesterday morning, and it is VERY dry. We have no rain in the forecast for at least another 5 to 7 days. As always, if you don't like the weather in TN, wait 10 minutes!

Old Post May-23-2021 12:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

We had our pool opened last week and it was finally ready to use just in time for this weekend (long weekend here). Have been working on a nice tan!

Old Post May-23-2021 12:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

Worm Popper

If you notice a turd floating in the pool, it wasn't me.

Edit: this is unnerving: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/05/robert-de-niro-speaks-fluent-german-in-taxi-driver-thanks-to-ai/

Last edited by Zoso on May-23-2021 at 13:28

Old Post May-23-2021 12:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Have been working on a nice tan!

“Everybody looks better with a tan”

@zoso hope your dog makes it out okay. My sister’s dog passed away a few weeks ago and man I think it hits harder than a relative

Old Post May-23-2021 13:34  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
“Everybody looks better with a tan”

@zoso hope your dog makes it out okay. My sister’s dog passed away a few weeks ago and man I think it hits harder than a relative

Thank you! We treat ours like family. Our older mini Dachshund turned 15 back in February, which puts her far ahead of how long I've owned a dog. She is sitting on the couch next to me while I watch webinars for CPE credits for my CISSP certification.

Old Post May-23-2021 13:39  United States
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
If you notice a turd floating in the pool, it wasn't me.

Damn, you think it was my kid??

Also sending good vibes for your pooch!

My bff also has two mini Dachshunds. An older one (11 now I believe), and they just got a puppy at Christmas.

Old Post May-23-2021 15:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
It was a great show indeed, although I wish they picked a gabber producer over Afrojack

Yeah, like We We We are from Rrrrotterdammm

But most of today's people wouldn't understand, and I never liked gabber to much to be honest.

But I'm glad Afrojack's role was minor live compared to Wulf and Glennis who really nailed it at the end there.

I don't know how they pulled this of but the intervalacts were stunning.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post May-23-2021 22:05  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 315: Eurovision weekend
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackelektro-house unknown [2004] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCor Fijneman vs. DJ Jochen – "San Pedro" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread