Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 318: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Friday 318: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

It's Valentine's day here this Saturday, so it's Valentine's everywhere for all I care

It's so weird though. I decided to get some special groceries tonight, and the restaurants were packed, full of maskless patrons celebrating Valentine's on the cusp of a third corona wave in the country. They can't all be vaccinated because, for one, we've only managed to vaccinate the elderly around here and, two, they looked my age or younger.

We're also hosting Copa América starting this Sunday, so I don't think anything makes much sense any more, heh. How about you guys? Are you any closer to normalcy where you live? Or are people also acting like it's all good a tad bit too soon?

Old Post Jun-13-2021 03:23  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Things are pretty normal here in Queensland since March when the virus managed to slip through our hotel quarantine system. We had a short lockdown and a mask mandate for a couple of weeks, that was it. Currently the only active cases in QLD are returned overseas travelers that are already in hotel quarantine.

Australia-wide is a slightly different story. Melbourne has just emerged from a 2 week lockdown to contain an outbreak down there, and there have been other lockdowns around the country here and there, but generally things are pretty good.

Our vaccine roll-out is still way behind a lot of other countries though. Currently only 2.7% of our population is fully vaccinated since the government unapproved the use of the AZ vaccine on anyone under 50 due to the blood clotting thing, and Australia doesn't have the technological ability to make mRNA vaccines on our own soil.

Old Post Jun-13-2021 23:12  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Things are pretty normal here in Queensland since March when the virus managed to slip through our hotel quarantine system. We had a short lockdown and a mask mandate for a couple of weeks, that was it. Currently the only active cases in QLD are returned overseas travelers that are already in hotel quarantine.

Australia-wide is a slightly different story. Melbourne has just emerged from a 2 week lockdown to contain an outbreak down there, and there have been other lockdowns around the country here and there, but generally things are pretty good.

We usually look up to Australia as a good example on how to handle COVID. I was surprised when I saw some Aussie TV comedies, such as The Feed, mocking New South Wales and also Victoria (I think?).

Do you guys still need to wear masks outside though?
quote:
Our vaccine roll-out is still way behind a lot of other countries though. Currently only 2.7% of our population is fully vaccinated since the government unapproved the use of the AZ vaccine on anyone under 50 due to the blood clotting thing, and Australia doesn't have the technological ability to make mRNA vaccines on our own soil.

This is where we're almost doing the right thing: the federal government at first refused vaccine offers from Pfizer and Astra-Zeneca (because the president had a "shadow cabinet" who believed it would be faster and cheaper to infect everyone until we reached herd immunity)... until the governor of São Paulo managed to acquire Coronavac vaccines and had the country back him up. We're also designing our very own jab, called Butanvac. Looks promising.

I think 11% of the population is now fully vaccinated, and 25% had at least one shot... Some states are way ahead (such as São Paulo and other states with governors from the same party), and others are lagging behind (like the Federal District where I live).

Who's getting jabs in Australia? The elderly and health workers?

Old Post Jun-13-2021 23:32  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Do you guys still need to wear masks outside though?

Nope. The only times that masks were required was two weeks after a short lockdown in January, and two weeks after a short lockdown in March. Even in the heavy three month lockdown last year, masks weren't required in QLD, though of course many wore them anyway, myself included. Only indoors though, not outside in the open.

quote:
(because the president had a "shadow cabinet" who believed it would be faster and cheaper to infect everyone until we reached herd immunity)

quote:
Who's getting jabs in Australia? The elderly and health workers?

Anyone over 50 can get an AZ jab. Anyone in a high risk work environment under 50 can get Pfizer, so yeah, health workers, aged care workers, cops etc. I've read in the last few days that QLD is slowly making the Pfizer jab available to 40-49 year olds, so with a bit of fucking luck I'll be able to get vaxxed before the end of the year, because before that it was looking like 2022 at the earliest.

Old Post Jun-14-2021 00:20  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

I may have ruined the otherwise jolly mood by mentioning the corona lemmings in my area.

Let me bring up an altogether different topic for discussion then: what do you miss the most about February 2020 and you're looking forward to doing again?

I really really miss hitting the gym. Sure, I can just hop on my bike and sweat outdoors, but I miss the camaraderie at the gym, you know? My gym has also got a pretty cool radio... Oh, the music, does it even lift me up?

You?
quote:

I know, right? There's a leaked video and everything, and the lead member even calls it "shadow cabinet" in English, and claims this is the only way they can do their job without being hassled by the media.

Old Post Jun-14-2021 03:16  Brazil
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

We are slated to return to the office on July 1. I've practically begged to stay home or to be able to transfer to the local branch, which is literally two miles away. If they refuse to entertain it, I'm looking for another job. I've spent the last year and a half getting an hour and 10 minutes a day back, five days a week, and I'm not surrendering that again.

Old Post Jun-14-2021 11:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

I bought a 3lb bag of m&m peanut at Costco for $12. That was a top 10 purchase lifetime

Old Post Jun-14-2021 19:23  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
I bought a 3lb bag of m&m peanut at Costco for $12. That was a top 10 purchase lifetime

I need to have the wife check for this on her next Sam's Club trip.

Old Post Jun-16-2021 10:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

Heads up and practice rationing when eating.

Compare sam’s club vs Costco. Sam’s club folded here like 10+ years and I only been inside a few times

Old Post Jun-16-2021 16:19  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

Toyota Hilux durability testing, part four:

Old Post Jun-17-2021 11:05  United States
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Got my second mRNA vax today. I have to work tomorrow and Thursday, hopefully will power through any reaction!

Old Post Jun-23-2021 00:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Got my second mRNA vax today. I have to work tomorrow and Thursday, hopefully will power through any reaction!

I just always assumed any Pie cells in the Pie body would just kick the shit out of any foreign invaders, mRNA vaccine or not!

Old Post Jun-24-2021 11:53  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 318: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackGlobal Gathering 2002 CD with Ministry Mag [2003] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackGate 1 - The Flight (Space Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread