Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Is it still possible to keep track of all the mixes being put out?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
djthunderbird
welcometoESTonia

Is it still possible to keep track of all the mixes being put out?

Back, when tranceaddict started, music was hard to come by and pretty sacred. The amount of released/leaked/recorded dj sets was pretty low. It was feasible to own a collection with all of Your favourite dj-s mixes.

Fast forward to today. Everyone and their mom are doing podcasts and radio shows. Both from their bedrooms and from professional studios. Major event organizations are putting on digital festivals. Huge efforts are being put into producing video-mixes from stunning locations.

Its obvious that some of the podcasts are on the fringe, getting sub 100 plays. And some get 100,000s of views. It has always been the case that some artists are more popular than others.

The real question that is hammering in my head is whether it is still possible to keep track of all that is going on? Or better yet, archive the vast amounts of mixtapes that are being released? Even within your favourite genre or artist? Or have we already crossed into the realms of vaporware, where an A-List DJ can record a digital mix and after a few months (or years) there will be no trace left of it and everyone has already moved on?

To put it shortly: It kind of feels like a reel-to-reel tape that is constantly being recorded over. And I'm wondering what happens to the stuff that gets recorded over?

check out:
dtb.planet.ee <-- A couple of my mix cd-s (Deep House & Progressive with a trancy touch

Old Post Jul-15-2021 19:34  Estonia
Click Here to See the Profile for djthunderbird Click here to Send djthunderbird a Private Message Add djthunderbird to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

via GIPHY

Old Post Jul-15-2021 19:36  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

Go to Discogs. Try clicking on EVERY. SINGLE. ITEM. in its archives. Then, after you've survived beyond the human race, try listening to EVERY. SINGLE. ITEM in its archives.

tldr; The answer is No. Never was.

(~)

Old Post Jul-16-2021 00:13  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerio
tranceaddict in training

No. I do what sykonee write.
On discog is 277 155 trance songs, 95 964 progresive trance, 73 923 hard trance songs.
If we an average lenght of the songs to 7 minutes it will take you 5 years 10 months 22 days to listen all.
And to your question: "And I'm wondering what happens to the stuff that gets recorded over?
He'll forget about it. Just look on youtube there you can find songs that are not anywhere else, and are tottaly lost to wider audience.

Old Post Jul-18-2021 07:57  Slovakia
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerio Click here to Send Nerio a Private Message Add Nerio to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

quote:
Originally posted by Nerio
No. I do what sykonee write.
On discog is 277 155 trance songs, 95 964 progresive trance, 73 923 hard trance songs.
If we an average lenght of the songs to 7 minutes it will take you 5 years 10 months 22 days to listen all.

Actually, those are RELEASES, not songs, which can be anything from 2-track singles to 40 track compilations. You'd have to multiply your estimates several times over to get a more accurate timespan.

EDIT: Also, these are the numbers I saw in Discogs' tags:

Trance: 867,839
Progressive Trance: 256,834
Hard Trance: 281,024

(~)

Old Post Jul-19-2021 01:34  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DanceFloorPoet
Dance Floor Poet

Things dont really stick around as much in the last 10 years or so. Maybe the truly truly special but that's about it.

Old Post Jul-29-2021 03:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DanceFloorPoet Click here to Send DanceFloorPoet a Private Message Add DanceFloorPoet to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Well, first of all, through God, all things are possible, so jot that down. Secondly, no, of course not, it has never been possible to keep track of everything that is being released. You weren't on top of it all in 2001; you aren't now.

Old Post Jul-30-2021 11:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerio
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by Sykonee .
EDIT: Also, these are the numbers I saw in Discogs' tags:

Trance: 867,839
Progressive Trance: 256,834
Hard Trance: 281,024

https://imgur.com/a/y7MZrG8
When i Applied Filters Electronic music.
By the way still finding great song i never heard of
E-Razor - Mantra (Trance 1997), Lolo - Landscape, X-Dream - This
So i would say it is impossible to keep eyes normal track, not only mixes.

Old Post Sep-17-2021 10:44  Slovakia
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerio Click here to Send Nerio a Private Message Add Nerio to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

Declaring yourself the median is the way to go

Old Post Sep-17-2021 11:42  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Is it still possible to keep track of all the mixes being put out?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback2006 progressive house track [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSurge Meth - The Gift Of Life [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread