Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Best trance vocalists
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Demoted
hi!

Best trance vocalists

Who is the best at vocalising trance?

Some options:

Kirsty Hawkshaw
Justine Suissa
Jan Johnston
Jennifer Rene
Tiff Lacey
Jes Brieden
Eric Lumiere
Carla Werner (from Southern Sun)
That dude that says "Jump the next train"
Andain
Audrey Gallagher
Ray Wilson
Susana (from Shivers)
Anita Kelsey
Zoe Johnston
Someone Else

I attempted to make a poll but was told I could not by the forum auto-attendant, which has caused me considerable agitation, yet I persist.

Old Post Sep-14-2021 14:31 
Click Here to See the Profile for Demoted Click here to Send Demoted a Private Message Add Demoted to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

Don't be such a bore Ed

Old Post Sep-14-2021 14:32  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Demoted
hi!

Perhaps the greatest work of all time by the one and only Jes Brieden.

Old Post Sep-14-2021 14:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for Demoted Click here to Send Demoted a Private Message Add Demoted to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity
Supreme tranceaddict

Not sure about who's the most talented but in terms of being on my favorite tracks and having a distinct voice, Jan Johnston.

Maria Nayler had a distinct voice as well.

Old Post Sep-14-2021 21:18  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity Click here to Send Mattsanity a Private Message Add Mattsanity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Thanks to Tiesto's remixing skills, the answer clearly has to be Sarah McLachlan.

Old Post Sep-15-2021 00:01  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Demoted
hi!

Sarah McLachlan was more than just a vocalist for trance. She’s produced her own rock and pop music in addition to shilling for abused animals. I’m primarily focused on vocalists who’ve been true to trance as it is in trance I trust. No matter how good Silence is, nothing will top vocalists devoted to the craft of entrancing each of us with circuitous metaphors about the consumption of ecstasy.

Old Post Sep-15-2021 13:40 
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

Dennis Tiestop Reijers

Old Post Sep-15-2021 16:43  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by Demoted
Sarah McLachlan was more than just a vocalist for trance. She’s produced her own rock and pop music in addition to shilling for abused animals. I’m primarily focused on vocalists who’ve been true to trance as it is in trance I trust. No matter how good Silence is, nothing will top vocalists devoted to the craft of entrancing each of us with circuitous metaphors about the consumption of ecstasy.

I'm sorry, Demoted. I realise now that my choice of vocalist lacks the sincerity that a genre like trance deserves, nay, demands.

Old Post Sep-16-2021 02:35  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lacksesepsotygh
;B

That dude that says "Jump the next train" was actually the first recorded male vocal on vinyl ever. In one interview it was stated that he thinks he was awarded the Guinness world record for best original mixes or remixes to ever be produced.

Also, what's the best tracks or remixes containing hi-hats?

Last edited by lacksesepsotygh on Sep-16-2021 at 07:04

Old Post Sep-16-2021 06:48  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for lacksesepsotygh Click here to Send lacksesepsotygh a Private Message Visit lacksesepsotygh's homepage! Add lacksesepsotygh to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Demoted
hi!

quote:
Originally posted by lacksesepsotygh
That dude that says "Jump the next train" was actually the first recorded male vocal on vinyl ever. In one interview it was stated that he thinks he was awarded the Guinness world record for best original mixes or remixes to ever be produced.

Revolutionary. I thought there were other male vocals recorded on vinyl prior to this man as I thought vinyl music had been out since 1948. The Young Parisians must've partnered with Ben Lost back in 1947, perhaps shortly after they all survived the travails of the second World War and the harrowing and corpse-filled fields of Eastern Europe and decided they would record an entrancing tune to vinyl, breaking records and shattering the charts.

Then Kyau versus Albert eventually came along to this age old song and added in unstoppable synths so that it would truly work in a club. Might you have the original 1948 recording of this song? I am dying to hear the acoustic version which would've started the whole scope of vinyl music.

This is groundbreaking.

Old Post Sep-16-2021 09:43 
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

quote:
Originally posted by lacksesepsotygh

Also, what's the best tracks or remixes containing hi-hats?

Today's lesson is don't criticise hi-hats when you struggle with the regular sibilant.

Old Post Sep-16-2021 11:12  Netherlands
Demoted
hi!

What are everyone's thoughts on the vocalist in "Behind Silence" by Yahel?

I consider this a high point in Jewish trance, as Yahel is Israeli.

Old Post Sep-16-2021 11:32 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Best trance vocalists
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackA very popular tune from old editions of Sensation White, Please help with ID! [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAirbase - Tangerine [2008]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread