Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > tribal house making a comeback ??
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
LoveHate

tribal house making a comeback ??

Old Post Sep-24-2021 06:40  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

i hope not

Old Post Sep-24-2021 18:24  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
i hope not

I suggest you do some research on tribal house , specifically dj vibe from Portugal, great sounds

Old Post Sep-24-2021 21:40  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

Tribal house, Afro funk, bongo bass... lots of it going round lately.

(~)

Old Post Sep-24-2021 23:47  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

quote:
Originally posted by Sykonee
Tribal house, Afro funk, bongo bass... lots of it going round lately.

Most definitely, will it ever become the "focal point" of the edm spectrum ? probably not , but the fact that it's out there and is being heard is a wonderful thing

Old Post Sep-25-2021 02:10  Canada
DanceFloorPoet
Dance Floor Poet

quote:
Originally posted by LoveHate
Most definitely, will it ever become the "focal point" of the edm spectrum ? probably not , but the fact that it's out there and is being heard is a wonderful thing

It’s interesting because I know younger Black Coffee fans that refer to it as Afro house. So I go and listen and it’s basically a mix between classic tribal progressive and traditional tribal house like Joe Claussell has been making for the last 25 years. The only thing new is the genre describes that people use. Sounds and elements are not.

Old Post Sep-25-2021 13:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DanceFloorPoet Click here to Send DanceFloorPoet a Private Message Add DanceFloorPoet to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miamitranceman
Extreme tranceaddict

The Lakou Mizik/Joseph Ray album “Leave the Bones” that I posted about a month or so ago would qualify. It’s excellent.

www.mixcloud.com/jluger

Old Post Sep-25-2021 16:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for miamitranceman Click here to Send miamitranceman a Private Message Add miamitranceman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

quote:
Originally posted by LoveHate

It always seems to go in these multi-year waves, spurts where it catches on for a while, but is soon realized to actually be rather limited in variety. The phase passes, something replaces it for a time, then it's trotted out again in a mini-revival when folks remember how effective those polyrhythms are on a dancefloor. And then effectively run into the ground again, leading to another dearth period.

I guess after NOTHING getting rinsed out in clubs for so long, just about everything is getting a revival now.

(~)

Old Post Sep-25-2021 21:16  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

I am all for it hahaha

Though I don't really see a comeback to the golden years of Lawler, Calderone, Chus & Ceballos, Danny Tenaglia, etc

I think that older sound is too dark for the current landscape.

Old Post Sep-26-2021 00:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > tribal house making a comeback ??
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacki'm such a n00b...this is such a classic... [2006] [5]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMike Brin - Since You Are Away [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread