Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Pergon - The Deliverer vs. Hardfloor - Acperience I
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

Pergon - The Deliverer vs. Hardfloor - Acperience I

Comparable tracks that were released in the early 90's, but The Deliverer seems to have been greatly overshadowed by the popularity of Aceperience I over the years. I prefer the former. Which one do you guys think is the better track?

Last edited by AlphaStarred on Oct-14-2021 at 20:30

Old Post Oct-14-2021 19:24  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaStarred Click here to Send AlphaStarred a Private Message Add AlphaStarred to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity
Supreme tranceaddict

I prefer the former. The buildup and when all the elements come together at 4:05 is badass.

Last edited by Mattsanity on Oct-14-2021 at 21:03

Old Post Oct-14-2021 20:51  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity Click here to Send Mattsanity a Private Message Add Mattsanity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

Pergon by default, just because I'm honestly quite tired of Acperience 1 now. Hardfloor has so many other worthy acid tunes almost no one ever plays.

/the Yeke Yeke remix is quite overplayed too

(~)

Old Post Oct-14-2021 22:39  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djthunderbird
welcometoESTonia

Pergon is a totally awesome track, but Acperience 1 is a legend for a reason. It is just better in every aspect. Overplayed of course, but that is the fate of groundbreaking tunes. I understand why you would like Pergon better at the moment however.

check out:
dtb.planet.ee <-- A couple of my mix cd-s (Deep House & Progressive with a trancy touch

Old Post Oct-16-2021 14:25  Estonia
Click Here to See the Profile for djthunderbird Click here to Send djthunderbird a Private Message Add djthunderbird to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Objectively, there's not much to choose between them as they're very similar. The Deliverer probably sounds fresher because Acperience is so played out, but then whenever I hear Acperience on a dancefloor I still love it.

From what I can find online, the Pergon track was hardly obscure in 1993 - played by big DJs like Sven Vath and featured on one of the very first Essential Mixes. What's interesting to consider is why Acperience is regarded as one of the biggest club tunes ever whilst The Deliverer is largely forgotten by all but retro techno fans. I presume Acperience came out first and The Deliverer probably sounded like an imitation, but it's interesting to consider how labels, distribution, DJ support and so on makes certain tunes massive while other similar ones never go anywhere.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Oct-16-2021 15:15  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
What's interesting to consider is why Acperience is regarded as one of the biggest club tunes ever whilst The Deliverer is largely forgotten by all but retro techno fans. I presume Acperience came out first and The Deliverer probably sounded like an imitation, but it's interesting to consider how labels, distribution, DJ support and so on makes certain tunes massive while other similar ones never go anywhere.

Acperience was indeed released first, and also on Harthouse, which was/is probably a more popular label than Important Records. Someone on Facebook who seems to have been around during this scene commented that Jürgen Driessen (Pergon) copied Hardfloor with this track. I'm not sure if this is true or not, as the former is a talented and respected producer in his own right, but who knows?

Interestingly, this was perhaps Driessen's (and company's) most famous track at that time and is still probably more popular than The Deliverer:

Old Post Oct-17-2021 13:50  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaStarred Click here to Send AlphaStarred a Private Message Add AlphaStarred to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dj Pluviose
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sykonee
Hardfloor has so many other worthy acid tunes almost no one ever plays.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
but then whenever I hear Acperience on a dancefloor I still love it.

You guys are so lucky to hear it on a dance floor at all.... I used to stalk as many events as possible around in the states and keep up, and not a single person played this track.

Last edited by Dj Pluviose on Oct-26-2021 at 06:55

Old Post Oct-26-2021 06:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Dj Pluviose Click here to Send Dj Pluviose a Private Message Add Dj Pluviose to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

quote:
Originally posted by Dj Pluviose
You guys are so lucky to hear it on a dance floor at all.... I used to stalk as many events as possible around in the states and keep up, and not a single person played this track.

Heck, I got to see Hardfloor play live when they were touring The Life We Choose. And while everyone naturally went apeshit when they closed out with Acperience, I was most tickled when they opened with The Trill Acid Theme.

/was happiest when a DJ at an acid party played Into The Nature
//twice!
///

(~)

Old Post Oct-26-2021 11:24  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dj Pluviose
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sykonee
Heck, I got to see Hardfloor play live when they were touring The Life We Choose. And while everyone naturally went apeshit when they closed out with Acperience, I was most tickled when they opened with The Trill Acid Theme.

/was happiest when a DJ at an acid party played Into The Nature
//twice!
///

wow what a banger! Never heard of this track until you showed me. Thank you. I love this track.

Old Post Oct-28-2021 02:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Dj Pluviose Click here to Send Dj Pluviose a Private Message Add Dj Pluviose to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Pergon - The Deliverer vs. Hardfloor - Acperience I
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrance, earlly 2000s. [2015] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHatiras – Money Shot [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread