Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Suburban Train has two different "Original" mixes
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Dj Pluviose
Supreme tranceaddict

Suburban Train has two different "Original" mixes

Listen to both of these.... the second one is slightly different arrangement, although labeled as "Original" mix, the second one has slightly updated sounds, different arrangement, and the main melody synth sounds more crisp and clearer.

Old Post Oct-27-2021 04:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Dj Pluviose Click here to Send Dj Pluviose a Private Message Add Dj Pluviose to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hoopoe
tranceaddict

I would guess it's something to do with being tweaked when they made the vocal mix "Urban Train" with Kirsty Hawkshaw.

Not really sure what the full story is, I would guess someone wasn't 100% happy with it and the vocals were removed again before the release, hence two slightly different instrumentals. It doesn't seem like a full length original mix of the vocal version was ever released in any territory. I have the UK CD single which contains the "vocal edit", but the only vocals used are "I have to go now I always have to go/I'm breaking through those clouds again", not the full verses and choruses in the video above.

Old Post Oct-27-2021 12:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for hoopoe Click here to Send hoopoe a Private Message Add hoopoe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm more accustomed to hearing the album version but both have the killer bassline. It still stands fresh compared to the status quo that was coming out at the time.

Old Post Oct-28-2021 02:09  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity Click here to Send Mattsanity a Private Message Add Mattsanity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tom Yelland
Supreme tranceaddict

Yep, great tune by Ronald Van Gelderen

Old Post Nov-13-2021 20:01  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Tom Yelland Click here to Send Tom Yelland a Private Message Visit Tom Yelland's homepage! Add Tom Yelland to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Connector
We are connected!

quote:
Originally posted by Tom Yelland
Yep, great tune by Ronald Van Gelderen

Did not know that. Thank you for the info

You made me check discogs https://www.discogs.com/release/376...to-In-My-Memory

Soundcloud!

Music by me

Old Post Nov-21-2021 20:55  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for Connector Click here to Send Connector a Private Message Visit Connector's homepage! Add Connector to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

I suppose 2022 will be the year I finally post Tiesto playing this in some Florida club back in May 2001.... some TA recorded it but I have no idea who. I remember not posting it at the time cuz I was already having enough headaches with the .mp3s I had posted.

F:\VIDEOS>dir *tiesto*urban* /s

Directory of F:\VIDEOS\#UNSORTED\videos

2001-08-09 10:28 PM 30,078,976 ###DJ_Tiesto-Urban_Train_Live-05-2001.avi

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Nov-21-2021 21:38  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Suburban Train has two different "Original" mixes
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackid this tune!!!! [2003] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCondor - "Sky" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread