Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The REAL trance/progressive revival thread
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

The REAL trance/progressive revival thread

Alright. There has been an awful lot of loose threads floating around Music Discussion discussing individual releases or sets or what have you, but I figure it's high time we have a centralised resource for the much-welcomed trend for young millennial kids making throwback trance and progressive like the last 25 years never happened. Post all your sets, EPs, bandcamp links and whatever you've got as you find them.

And no, this is not the thread for anything to do with J00F Recordings, or Airwave, or some shitty uplifting trance record you heard Above & Beyond or some other dismal unicorn troublers play on their radio show that vaguely reminded you of the first time you took pills seven hundred years ago. This thread is for the real shit.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Oct-28-2021 22:50  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

To start us off, here are a couple of sets I've been bumping recently.

First, a set from Adam Pits that's less than a month old but sounds straight outta 1996. This kid is a rising star in this scene and is one of the most out-and-out trancey DJs and producers. The first fifteen minutes is still coming out of the warm up, so be patient:

Australia, and specifically Melbourne, seems to be a hotspot for this sound, and Aussie man Guy Contact is one of the most prolific names. He's just brought out an album and also an extended EP that are full of lush proggy goodness, and here's a DJ mix from him for Cardiff label Haws:

Old Post Oct-28-2021 22:54  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

Lots of good stuff coming from Australia indeed.

https://www.discogs.com/release/133...otwings-Psytube

Check out artists like Vladimir Gnatenko (also check his Bandcamp for good stuff), Lisene, Rudolph C., Priori, DJ Life, Escape Artist, Roza Terenzi, Anderson, and the labels, Animalia (check out their Soundcloud podcasts, especially) and UTE.REC.

This is one of my favorite sets that I keep listening to over and over again, where she mixes some different styles:

Last edited by AlphaStarred on Oct-29-2021 at 05:34

Old Post Oct-29-2021 04:57  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaStarred Click here to Send AlphaStarred a Private Message Add AlphaStarred to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

Something a lil' ol' school acid Platipus-y, then?

Don't know if this is strictly trance, but it sure does give me the Balearic PLUR-goo feels:

(~)

Old Post Nov-02-2021 23:37  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity
Supreme tranceaddict

I don't have much to offer but gratitude for the amazing artists, releases, and sets in this thread. cheers.

Old Post Nov-04-2021 02:02  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity Click here to Send Mattsanity a Private Message Add Mattsanity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Camwin
STICKMAN

this thread is heaven for a lazy fuck like me. thanks

I ALSO LIVESTREAMED
THE LAST FLIGHT - PROGRESSIVE HOUSE/TRANCE

Old Post Nov-04-2021 09:46  New Zealand
Click Here to See the Profile for Camwin Click here to Send Camwin a Private Message Visit Camwin's homepage! Add Camwin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
A.B
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by AlphaStarred

This is one of my favorite sets that I keep listening to over and over again, where she mixes some different styles:

The track that comes in at 1hr and 23 minutes is astounding!!!
Couldn't get a track ID from Shazam but I'd love to know.

Old Post Nov-10-2021 20:49  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for A.B Click here to Send A.B a Private Message Add A.B to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Titanium
Supreme tranceaddict

Does this count?

Old Post Nov-13-2021 11:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for Titanium Click here to Send Titanium a Private Message Add Titanium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Titanium
Supreme tranceaddict

Old Post Nov-19-2021 23:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for Titanium Click here to Send Titanium a Private Message Add Titanium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Maruwa's last EP on Steel City Discs was pretty much non-stop high tempo acid thumpers all round, but this particular cut is beautifully savage:

Maruwa - Body Journey

Old Post Nov-30-2021 10:36  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity
Supreme tranceaddict

Not saying it's a ripoff because it obviously isn't, but that track reminds me of Paganini Traxx - Zoe.

Old Post Dec-01-2021 01:21  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity Click here to Send Mattsanity a Private Message Add Mattsanity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJMaytag
Supreme Pizzaaddict

Anything 1992-1994-ish? Old school Harthouse/Eye-Q like?

Old Post Dec-01-2021 19:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJMaytag Click here to Send DJMaytag a Private Message Visit DJMaytag's homepage! Add DJMaytag to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The REAL trance/progressive revival thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (10): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRobert Smit live in Italy 2003 [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDrukenmunky - "E" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread