Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Thrillseekers
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
mr.anderson
Supreme tranceaddict

Thrillseekers

Hi guys, one of the thrillseekers allies is "hydra", does anyone know why he'd come up with such a name? Maybe if you have heard from one of his interviews or something.

Just out of interest

Old Post Nov-17-2021 19:47 
Click Here to See the Profile for mr.anderson Click here to Send mr.anderson a Private Message Add mr.anderson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

The hydra is a creature from Greek myth. In that sense it's not much different from Arrakis having a tune called "Medusa" or Funk Function releasing a track called "Odysseus". Like a lot of stuff from ancient myth, it's also lent its name to some astronomical features - a moon of Pluto and one of the constellations - and then a whole bunch of other stuff.

The real question is: why does this alias interest you, out of all the random shit people name aliases or tunes after?

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Nov-17-2021 23:44  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

It was a reference to S.H.I.E.L.D.'s arch-nemesis.

(probably not)

(~)

Old Post Nov-18-2021 01:39  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Titanium
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Thrillseekers

quote:
Originally posted by mr.anderson
Hi guys, one of the thrillseekers allies is "hydra", does anyone know why he'd come up with such a name? Maybe if you have heard from one of his interviews or something.

Just out of interest

EDMLI – What’s the reason behind working on different aliases like “Insigma”, “Hydra”, “En Motion”, “Rapid Eye”?
Steve – Well back in the days, I made so much of music that I couldn’t put “Thrillseekers” tracks in every 3-4 weeks and I wanted to create different sound as well, so “Hydra” is a very different floaty sound, so that was quite different sound and “Rapid Eye” was with my friend “Tim Stark”, so all the “Rapid Eye” tracks were made in just 1 day or 2 days, no quality productions, just whatever happened I put it out (laughs), it’s really quick and simple you know and well “Thrillseekers” you know I spent almost 3 months on a track until to make it perfect.
Yeah, so just different ways of approaching production.

https://edmli.com/2017/01/22/edmli-...-thrillseekers/

Old Post Nov-19-2021 09:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for Titanium Click here to Send Titanium a Private Message Add Titanium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Thrillseekers
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackId_2 [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMarkus Schulz pres. Elevation - "Somewhere" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread