Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Irc?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Dhagor
Senior tranceaddict

Irc?

Hi

What music related IRC channels are still out there in existence?
With server info please.

Regards,
D

Old Post Apr-20-2022 06:06  Estonia
Click Here to See the Profile for Dhagor Click here to Send Dhagor a Private Message Add Dhagor to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

lol

Old Post Apr-20-2022 06:58  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

/mode #tranceaddict -o Sushipunk /kick #tranceaddict Sushipunk

Old Post Apr-20-2022 07:21  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dhagor
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
lol

I don't get why this is somehow funny. IRC has been around from the earlier days of the internet and is still widely used.

Old Post Apr-20-2022 07:43  Estonia
Click Here to See the Profile for Dhagor Click here to Send Dhagor a Private Message Add Dhagor to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

Very few actual topic-specific North-European channels in existence anymore, assuming you want something relatively close by. Most active ones that actually have any discussions going on are just general channels where the topic is free. To be honest, that's always been my experience. Most of the channels I started on in 2001 were started randomly, and the discussion was as random as their name, whereas the channels with a strict topic either slowly died or had very extensive off-topic discussions going on all the time.

Genre or media specific DC and DC++ hubs filled the void for a while after IRC started dying. That was the golden age of the internet for me. Join a hub and talk crap with like-minded people while slowly downloading 50 GB of the worst vocal trance in the world.

I get the appeal of IRC (I'm still on myself), but really you'll find a lot more on Discord. Currently it's much closer to the original experience of IRC than IRC itself.

Old Post Apr-20-2022 08:18  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dhagor
Senior tranceaddict

Actually, quite the opposite. Not looking area specific but international/global.

Old Post Apr-20-2022 08:38  Estonia

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Irc?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackEasily Recognizable Track Tune? [2006] [7]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackKemu & Shark - "Afrotron" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread