return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Turntables to Computer (Recording)
View this Thread in Original format
D-Syde
Anyone know if there would be a difference in recording quality in these two set ups:

Option 1 (what I have now) - Turntable/Mixer Record "Out" going into my reciever, from the reciever Tape "Out" into my Record "In" on my computer sound card.

Option 2 - Turtable/Mixer Record "Out" right into my Record "In" on my sound card.

Im wondering if I might be loosing some sound quality running it through my recievers "Tape Out"...which I kind of need to because there is an effects prossesor hook up in between there too.

-THANKS-
Dub
Yes,
Every time you run your audio through another wire you lose some quality. It mostly depends on what kind of reciever you have, and what kind of sound card you have.
Johnny Eckhardt
Well, I would say that the most direct route is the best but if you're using an efx processor, then I guess you go through your reciever. Then again, you can always add the effects later with some of the sound programs that are out.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement