return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Europe > Europe - United Kingdom & Ireland

Pages: [1] 2 
Tiesto
View this Thread in Original format
The Master
Hi guys, I know I never post in these forums but I'm really curious about this:

What do you think about Tiesto as a dj/producer? Do you think he really is the best dj/producer out there? If you don't like him, name one dj/producer better than him.

Thanks ;)
djrichy
why u askin this in teh UK/Ireland forum?

i personaly think hes only ok. after seeing him at crasher on 26th december last year -
DJ Mikey Mike
i think he's dj and production wise. apart from a few classics of course like urban train etc. apart from that he's wank, and cant mix for . Producers better than him:

Paul van Dyk
Armin Van Buuren
Ferry Corsten
Marco V
Neo & Farina
Solar Stone
GTR
Kai Tracid
L-Vee
Hemstcok & Jennings

ok im getting bored now but i could go on for pages and pages but u get the point ;)
Coup
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mikey Mike
Neo & Farina

u having a laff? ive heard farina DJ and he was very good, but in the studio theyre pants.
CyberTeraz
quote:
Originally posted by Coup
u having a laff? ive heard farina DJ and he was very good, but in the studio theyre pants.

That is ing bollox! Take The Neo and Farina mix of calling your name! Amazing!

As for Tiesto! He is an average producer....making some good tunes every now and then! Whilst he does play alot of good tunes in his sets, they are poorly mixed and his sets are badly programmed.

Better producers.....
Kansai
Neo & Farina
The Thrillseekers
James Holden

Better Dj's.....
AvB
PvD
Matt Hardwick
Scott Bond
Ferry C
Dave Pearce
big dave
tiesto has went down hill the past 2/3 years, as soon as he got big he started losing his mixing and track selection ability that put him there! hes had a few classic productions like gouryella stuff with ferry and urban train = classic!

but marco v is better at djing and producing IMO!
ferry too :D
dstrukt
Mixing wise he's not exactly the best, but think of tracks like Magik Journey, Nyana, Flight 643 etc he's given us allot which you gotta be greatful for.
Kinuvan
are you on a dare or sommat, posting this in here n all..?
DJ Mikey Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Kinuvan

was thinking the same thing
Spad
quote:
Originally posted by Kinuvan

:haha:

My tuppence, agreed his technical ability isn't 100% when mixing but I don't really care. Think he's a good producer, and an average DJ.

dstrukt
Its all down to personal preference, some folk love him as a producer and a DJ some hate him as both etc.

Personally i like Tiesto, i always have. For those who don't thats fine.

Different people. Different tastes. Different views.
Misty Kitty
To me its not necessarily Tiestos anything!

Its whats gone on my life when ive at his set in heaven, or bin listening to his tunes. It has all bin around good stuff in my life so Yiesto mean alot to me as a reminder, n an affirmation.

:D :D :D
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement