return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Archbishop urges nightclubs to switch to classics and poetry
View this Thread in Original format
TranceGeek
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_785062.html

Archbishop urges nightclubs to switch to classics and poetry

A Romanian Archbishop has asked nightclubs to start playing classical music and holding poetry readings.

The Archbishop of Botosani, Lucian Leonte, said it would make nightclubs more attractive to older people.

The Orthodox church official told Realitatea Romaneasca newspaper: "I don't see why people can't go to the discotheque and listen to symphonic music like Mozart or Bach.

"What they are playing now is pure sound pollution. It's like a jungle, it has nothing to do with culture. They could even read poems there and old people may also go."

Story filed: 08:32 Tuesday 27th May 2003

-----------------

LOL, I think he may be on to something here...
Geed
quote:
[i][b]
LOL, I think he may be on to something here...

no I think he may have been ON something when he sayd that.
:rolleyes:
Seriously how can he expect anny serious club to do that? Classical music???!!! You go to opera for that or the theater, club is to Actualy have fun in not to fall asleep.:D
Dark Apostle
Just imagine your local club

Friday Hard Night:
Bach
Beethoven
Grieg

Saturday Melodic Night:
Mozart
Strauss

+poetic after party

Sunday Progressive Night:
Radetsky
Mendelssohn
Shostakovich

+Special Senior Florida Suprise Act
tu_face
damn that guy has his finger on the pulse..
Dumonde Trancer
he's been shaggin too many choir boys for his own good...
TeKnoHe@d2025
Old people sleep at night anyway...so it's not like they would be there. Classical music is meant to be played at a concert hall, club music is meant to be played in the club.

Not a very difficult concept to understand. :rolleyes: Just another prime example of religion trying to get involved in something it has completely no reason to be involved with.
Tranc3
quote:
Originally posted by TranceGeek
"What they are playing now is pure sound pollution. It's like a jungle, it has nothing to do with culture. They could even read poems there and old people may also go."

Sound pollution.....riiiiight:rolleyes:
Nothing to do with culture....oh-kayyyy:rolleyes:

Because of course the music we listen to is horrible anyways and shouldn't be played at all. And of course we don't make our own culture, we must be making it all up in our minds. There's no such thing as a culture revolving around electronic music! PRAISE THE LORD! I have seen the light, thanks to this man! No more sound pullution for me!
TranceGeek
quote:
Originally posted by Dumonde Trancer

ewww, no!

only catholics do that

:p
torontotrance
rofl

bach then picotto

i can see it now...rofl..
bassaholix
This is hillarious... :haha:

FIrst of all.. classical music is meant to be played out live, at the opera house or something.. with real instruments, whats the use of going to a club that is configured for dance music?

Secondly.. no culture... yeah right.. and we have no religion...

There is a difference between faith and religion.. i would tell him.

Poetry nights.. hmm.. yeah i can see myself in one of those... IF I WAS 12 and a freken nerd in jnr high!!!.. PLS!!!

They have disco nites and jazz clubs all over the place, for the older generation, why not leave our nightclubs... let them be...

How would he like it if we all came to his church on Sunday morning straight after Saturday night clubbin? he would have a heart attack.. lol lets go do that next w/end... show him a lesson....

torontotrance
i do it

go clubbing...go home..shower...change then get to church

i've done it before

not that i do that often tho
Solstice
quote:
Originally posted by Dumonde Trancer

hahah nice call mate
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement