return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Gaming Forum

Pages: [1] 2 
Sony Unveils the new PSX!
View this Thread in Original format
TheDemon
Read on to find out more. pics included in the article.

http://money.cnn.com/2003/05/28/com...aming/index.htm
Pyromancer224
that thing....is INSANE
DrummeRaver86
oh..my...god...:tongue3 :tongue3
robootz
Awesome ^_^
CortexBomb
-10 points for the name alone, reusing the PSX moniker that the original console used to go by is not to my liking.

Aside from that it'll be interesting to see if this is a box whose time has finally come...I recall not too many years ago the idea of the 'all in one set top box' was all the rage, but after disasters like the 3DO and CD-I came and went it seemed to quiet down again.

It seems as though this is bad timing by Sony in any case, how many people are going to want to plunk down cash for an improved PS2 and *then* buy a PS3 shortly thereafter? It seems as though one of the machines will tank, and I'd be willing to be on the PSX being the one.

Think about it, how many people are going to be willing to repurchase a PS2 just for the added features? Most games already have a PS2, and know that the PS3 is just around the corner.

I just hope that this won't stumble hard enough to give Microsoft more of an in to the industry, the failure of X Box has been delightful to this point for me...
DjGrl2000
It looks and sounds pretty cool. Too bad they didn't do this from the start. I'm not going to buy another PS2 though. I'll just wait for PS3 to come out.

P.S. Microsoft sucks!!!
biznology
well one of the points that IGN made about this box is that PSX was never an official name of the PS1, just a code. and beyond that the new tech is being released by SCE(sony electronics) and not Sony gaming. so if there is any significant tanking to be done here, it wont affect Sony Computer Entertainment or the PS3. i dont necessarily think there is no demand here tho. the ps1 remained popular well after its life span- hell it basically killed the n64 and Saturn/dreamcast singlehandedly. the ps2 is somewhat different, but - have you seen GT4? not coming out till 2004, but that will sell these things no doubt. unless the ps2 is hella cheaper|
DJPrototypeX
yikes!

but whos gonna shell out another $200 for this? not me!:haha:
musicman007
whoa awesome!!!

damn my ps2 is less than a yr old and they will be releasing this!?!
Galapidate
OMG!! I DIE!

CortexBomb
quote:
Originally posted by DJPrototypeX
yikes!

but whos gonna shell out another $200 for this? not me!:haha:

Which was the whole point I was trying to make...

If this was launch day for the PS2 then I'd say, wow, I should get one of those ones that has extra features, but it's long, long past that point already.

I don't doubt that some of these will be sold based on hype alone, but it's going to be a very niche market, especially when you consider the fact that the 120 Gig HD is already available as an add-on for the standard PS2, and again, people who really want one already have it attached to their black box.

The price tag seems like it's going to be an x factor too...200$? If they can bring this out for that much I'll be shocked with the DVD burner and HD included...think about how much each of those pieces cost for a PC...
biznology
quote:
Originally posted by CortexBomb
Which was the whole point I was trying to make...

If this was launch day for the PS2 then I'd say, wow, I should get one of those ones that has extra features, but it's long, long past that point already.

I don't doubt that some of these will be sold based on hype alone, but it's going to be a very niche market, especially when you consider the fact that the 120 Gig HD is already available as an add-on for the standard PS2, and again, people who really want one already have it attached to their black box.

The price tag seems like it's going to be an x factor too...200$? If they can bring this out for that much I'll be shocked with the DVD burner and HD included...think about how much each of those pieces cost for a PC...

tis true, but there will be latecomers to the scene that will be unwilling to buy the features of the PSX for a 2. add PS2 + HD + Broadband + DVD burner + TIVO function...definitely worth it if ~200 bucks. maybe not if you already have a ps2 - but cmon someone is gonna need a PSn when this comes out:

:eyespop: :crazy: |
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement