return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Technics models???
View this Thread in Original format
zizack
A few days ago I bought the Numark TTx1 TT and I really didn't like it at all. I took it back and am looking to get Technics or a Vestax. I've been looking online all day, and am seeing a ton of different models that Technics makes...MKII, M3D, MK3d, etc... Reading through the specs on all the models, I'm not quite sure the difference between them. I'm looking to spend no more than $450 each, and want to get the best one possible. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.
zizack
Also, if anyone has, or has used the Vestax 2000 model, any advice or information would be a big help. thanks again.
Bear4569
to the best of my knowledge all the of technics 1200 are the same with minor changes...ie: MKII has a picth fader that clicks at zero M3D has a clickless pitch fader and the picth lock button, I think the MK3d is the same as M3D...anybody correct me if I'm wrong. As far as Vestax I have never used them so I can't help ya there, but I hope I helped you out with the technics questions.
ChavezHype
hey whatever you like. Everyone knows that techs are built like tanks... so why not go for it used? Almost all the parts are replaceable and the mkII and m3d are like nearly identical except for the few pitch mods as mentioned before. IMO I like the technics 1210 M3D black, I think it's the nicest, only really available in europe but online sellers should have it. I'm only suggesting this one because other than the overpriced mk5g's, it's the nicest one IMO while the tech 12s are nearly identical anyway.
As for the vestax? I can't comment, but I've heard that they are true turntablists turntables, most turntablists would also agree. After all, that's what the 2002 spin-off champion said. (perhaps he was just advertising).
If you buy em used... get whatevers cheapest for good condition :).
Otherwise... back to tranz for his deals on everything dj-related.
Tiger777
The technics M3D

conclusions: way to expensive for what it actually is.

The technics SL-1200

Quartz Synthesizer Direct Drive Turntable
Total quartz locked continuous pitch adjustment up to +/-8%
Precision molded aluminum diecast cabinet and heavy rubber base material help absorb unwanted vibrations
Unwavering quartz DD accuracy: wow & flutter 0.01%, rumble -78 dB (DINB)
Very high torque for quick start-ups
Highly sensitive low-mass tonearm with gimbal suspension
Thé standard in the business: New price: 599$

The technics SL 1210

The only difference: The colour and a click in the pitch.
new price: 599$

Go for the SL1200
AFTERNATIVE
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger777

The technics SL 1210

The 1200 has also a click in the pitch!!
Blithe
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger777

The technics SL 1210

Go for the SL1200

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the 1210 is also slightly lighter in weight compared to the 1200's. This can have an effect on table stability and rumble effect. Not sure how big of a deal that is to most people, but I believe it's the case. Plus, I think you can get the M3D's in black from certain online sellers as well.
Tiger777
I checked the weight of both TT's, and they both way 14,8 kg.

About the click. Actually, you're right. I wasn't sure about this but you're right, they both have a click. sorry!
ChavezHype
You sure about those prices? They seem overpriced. Even without tranz' discount. Those tables cost 450 for the silver m3d and 500 for the mkII's new. Most places the prices are if not nearly, then exactly the same for the mkII's and the m3d's new.
Dzokayi
In the states, the MK2 & MK3 are all the same price ($399) - silver or black.

DJ_Shockwav
you can get both the 1200 and 1210 in both silver and black
the only difference between the 2 is the voltage
zizack
I went with the MKII. Should be here by Friday. can't wait.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement