return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

The Dancestar Awards Were Crap!!!
View this Thread in Original format
dj_cuba
Did anyone see the Dancestar awards. oh my god has the orginiser got any idea of what dance music actually is?? they had about 5 live acts. 99% of them r&b. Yes god damn R&b. people like sonique and heven forbid it they also put on a garage act (Dj (don't insult our dj culture stick to your own with MC!) Pied piper. For the last time garage was is and always will be and its NOT dance!!! its drivin' me insane how MC's and garage think they can take over our DJ/clubbing/dance culture by labelling themselves dance DJ's!. But anyway onto the nominies well half the stuff they nominated was absolute and not even dance for example fatboy slim won an award. Why? he produces some real bad and its definately not god damn dance! and how many times did they nominate the same stuff?? sonique, daft punk, fatboy slim and spiller were nominated time and time again! Spiller got 3 awards. For god's sake iam sooooo fed up of that tune. I've heard it like 10 million times on the radio and it was dad damn released in summer 2000! its time to move awayyyyyyyyyy! Most of the ppl who red out the winners of the awards were supposed to be big guests but i hadn't heard of many of them. The orginiser must have had no sense of dance music whatsoever, sasha and digweed were labeled trance dj's! yeah i mean they were until they started playing this ty prog house rubbish but not anymore. lastly the last act was by public domain. i never really liked them. cheesy bull if u asked me! but the singer. what a total and utter arsehole! had he been on the pills or what! he just lept into the audience and started throwing chairs about like some pissed-up lunatic!
FASTDJMP3
Dude it's the commercial dance crap awards that's why :D
DJRavemonkey
I agree wiv u on some points there. the awards are bollox but u said Fatboy Slim isn't dance music?! what would u class it as then? Spiller winning 3 awards! WTF!? then u said Daft Punk is cheese which is bollox mate. they're as far from cheese as it gets. Cheese donates that it is unimaginative whereas Daft Punk are innovaters not sheep. I have to agree wiv one award though, that was Tenaglia recieving Lifetime award. Although i dont like his style that guy is a god and deserves recognition. And as for Public Domain they rock live, that guy is well cool he always looks like he's had one too many mitsu's.
Paul Wilson
I just posted a message about this in the "Music torture" thread! The sheer patheticness of the Public Domain performance was ing funny. The stupid MC jumping on top of tables and the other dorks pretending to play the keyboards. The Safri Duo performance was a joke as well! The programmme was so bad it made me laugh! And Darude was announcing "best trance act"??? Shows how much they know about trance!
Dj Martijn
quote:
Originally posted by dj_cuba
Did anyone see the Dancestar awards. oh my god has the orginiser got any idea of what dance music actually is?? they had about 5 live acts. 99% of them r&b. Yes god damn R&b. people like sonique and heven forbid it they also put on a garage act (Dj (don't insult our dj culture stick to your own with MC!) Pied piper. For the last time garage was is and always will be and its NOT dance!!! its drivin' me insane how MC's and garage think they can take over our DJ/clubbing/dance culture by labelling themselves dance DJ's!. But anyway onto the nominies well half the stuff they nominated was absolute and not even dance for example fatboy slim won an award. Why? he produces some real bad and its definately not god damn dance! and how many times did they nominate the same stuff?? sonique, daft punk, fatboy slim and spiller were nominated time and time again! Spiller got 3 awards. For god's sake iam sooooo fed up of that tune. I've heard it like 10 million times on the radio and it was dad damn released in summer 2000! its time to move awayyyyyyyyyy! Most of the ppl who red out the winners of the awards were supposed to be big guests but i hadn't heard of many of them. The orginiser must have had no sense of dance music whatsoever, sasha and digweed were labeled trance dj's! yeah i mean they were until they started playing this ty prog house rubbish but not anymore. lastly the last act was by public domain. i never really liked them. cheesy bull if u asked me! but the singer. what a total and utter arsehole! had he been on the pills or what! he just lept into the audience and started throwing chairs about like some pissed-up lunatic!

ohhhh i meant 2 talk about this yes i saw it and agree with absolutely everythin..spiller got 3 4 that 1 song which is anyways.there is honestly not a song on earth i h8 more than pie piper - do u really like it?ARGH GO AND DIE U **** TWAT!!!!r and b can suk my ****!!!!!!!!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement