return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Officially Hit Bottom
View this Thread in Original format
Dj Nacht
Yup I have just officially been hired at Mc Donalds in West Island.:eek: I got payed today for sitting around at an orientation meeting.:D
In around 2 months ill get a card where i get half off any Mc Donalds in Quebec so before or after Aria if anyone needs some Mc Donalds for half price come see me.
ed
quote:
Originally posted by Dj Nacht
Yup I have just officially been hired at Mc Donalds in West Island.:eek: I got payed today for sitting around at an orientation meeting.:D
In around 2 months ill get a card where i get half off any Mc Donalds in Quebec so before or after Aria if anyone needs some Mc Donalds for half price come see me.

mmm i (seriously) need a job too, but i don't think i'll sink 'that' low.. (unless after all they can pay me 120$/30min! heh)
kate
hey come on, mcdonalds is great! I worked there for a summer and I actually liked it. It's stressful at times and you definitely work hard, but it's really not as bad as people make it out to be.

and I'll totally go for the half off mcdonalds haha! :D
DJ Charlie
quote:
Originally posted by ed
mmm i (seriously) need a job too, but i don't think i'll sink 'that' low.. (unless after all they can pay me 120$/30min! heh)

There's nothing lower than being paid minimum wage after a year at the same freakin' store (me)

... at mcDee's... I would be very happy.
rongerabbit
hehe, good old McDicks !

4 of my friends are managers and I know a few other ppl who work there. Not the best job out there but hey, you get payed no !?

Are u gonna work at any of these two restaurants ? St Charles ? The New Walmart one ?

Good luck with it, I heard the job training is boooring.
Dj Nacht
Ronger Im on St-Charles:toothless
rongerabbit
whaaaaaaaa ??? lol, you'll see me there often then !:p

Do you know who your manager is yet ?
Dj Nacht
Our managers are Ian and Lori I 90% sure of that.
fastmp3
congratz on getting your first job :D don't spend your money on stupid things :)
USMC_Greg
On the bright side of things, employers like people with experience from McDonalds.

So 4 or 5 years from now when you are looking for another job, and you are trying to beat out 2 or 3 other schmos, this might put you ahead of the others.

lets' review this here

pros:
-you get money
-you get experience which WILL help you in the future

cons:
-Demeaning job

do the math -- 2 minus 1 equals 1

Thus you win

j_spot
my god, I worked @ McD for 2.5 years, and they are the best employer ive had to date. they pay by the minute, with punch cards, they care about paid breaks, OT, Stat pay and all that stuff. Their training programs are great and admired by other HR departments.
Really its a good place to work.

And after you are there for a while, learn a few different stations, if you ask for a raise, they are likely to give it to you.
My advice, leave before it gets you. Dont ever be afraid to quit. You dont owe them anything.

That last bit is because I still have friends that are lifers @ McD because they cant leave. Unless you like making 30K a year to manage and work 60 hour weeks...
Good work on getting the job.
USMC_Greg
quote:
Originally posted by j_spot
my god, I worked @ McD for 2.5 years, and they are the best employer ive had to date. they pay by the minute, with punch cards, they care about paid breaks, OT, Stat pay and all that stuff. Their training programs are great and admired by other HR departments.
Really its a good place to work.

Yes, that is true. I work at The Beer Store and, believe me, they are the cheapest mofos around. I took a 2nd year Marxist theory class last semester (University of Ottawa) and I really can relate to some of the Neo-Marxist works because of The Beer Store.

I probably make 2x more than someone starting at McDicks now, but it's still slave labour what they do to us (especially for the amount they pay us).
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement