return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

best method to get divx movies?
View this Thread in Original format
axm2064
I had a quick question guys....which is the best software to get divx movies? I normally use kazaa to get them but off late I have been rather frustrated as many people name their movies as divx but the movie actually turns out to be an svcd or camera print. Is there a hub on Direct Connect that has all the lastest divx movies or any other software that I can use which can provide me with good quality divx movies? Thanks.

:conf:
jploveparade
Oh oh you're in trouble :wtf:
El~ZaPo
Buy the DVD, and then make a divx copy for your own personal use.
KilldaDJ
mirc

if u dont know how to use it, then thats ur problem
Mystoz
quote:
Originally posted by jploveparade
Oh oh you're in trouble :wtf:

heheh
Z1D
There are some pretty good DivX hubs on DC.
Kazaa Lite isnt THAT bad for somewhat older but well known movies that have been released on DVD. Off kazaa you can get very high speed for downloads, but newer releases are often mislabeled which is quite annoying. If you use kazaa it would be very wise to double check the filename and description before downloading.
If you have the connections (which I dont) mirc owns also.
placebo
www.mirc.com

then use

www.packetnews.com

to find what you're looking for.

enjoy

edit: if you want to see the quality before you download, visit www.vcdquality.com
S2K
tranceaddict.com is in no way affiliated with such actions!

:X
placebo
But don't you want to support the poor movie studios with overpaid actors?

But seriously...

I've tried the whole VCD and DivX thing, in the end it's just too much of a hassle, the quality usually sucks (besides when you get SVCD DVD Rips) and who wants to burn a DVD quality movie to 4 ing cds? I'd rather just fork over the 20 bones and get the DVD with all the cool special features and pay the seven bucks and get the theatre experience. It's just not the same watching some mediocre bootleg with chinese subtitles and bad audio on your 19 inch television.

I've got over 100 DVDs and about 70 LEGITIMATE VCDs (mostly Hong Kong movies and Anime). I just don't mind buying movies or music....just my 2 cents.
Gravel
Download and install overnet www.overnet.com.
Go to www.sharereactor.com and find movies.
:rolleyes:

Stanza
For me it was a LAN meeeting that I had over the weekend. About 120 ppl sharing files through DC.

I managed to leech a load of movies. Average time is about 7 mins for a movie on a LAN connection.
KilldaDJ
quote:
Originally posted by Stanza
Average time is about 7 mins for a movie on a LAN connection.

*drools all over keyboard*
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement