return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

a mixing question--please help!!
View this Thread in Original format
mcdpitt
hi all, i have a question concerning mixing vinyl--do you ever notice that some vinyl sound slightly muted when you play them, like the sound quality just isn't as good as some others??? i just got shine ( from nyana) on id &t today, and when i play it the overall sound quality/level sounds muted...some thing with my kontor copy of gouryella--ligaya... i can get the bpm's matched up perfectly, and when i transition, it doesn't sound very good--i've tried messing with the gains and EQ's, but i'm still not having much luck..would a 'processing' button feature help (just pressing this button on the channel that sounds muted_??? thanks, please help me out as i'm pretty frustrated:eyespop: :eyespop: :eyespop:

THANKS!
Project T
put the gain and treble up
Biz:erk
Yeah its just the quality of engineering!!! You gotta look out for that sometimes. Just turn the gain up to match the other level.
mcdpitt
cool, i'll try, i have tried to turn the gain out--on the equalizer it shows that both sound outputs are the same, but the clarity is not the same at all, still sounds muted...:( :( ..i hate bad engineering on brand new vinyl!!!!
DJ_Shockwav
or it could be that you just can't mix ;)

it could just be a bad press... unless there's more of them out there
SgtFoo
I'm wondering about the beatmatch problem you speak of. THe other probs semm solved.

Either it won't beatmatch because of ...
you or it's a bad print or your turntables are dying and they can't hold the pitch any longer.

What's the equipment ur using??
mcdpitt
thanks for the help everyone...i'm using 1210's and the mixing is spot on, honestly:tongue2 :tongue2

its just that different labels have different sound qualities--at least i've noticed at home, that labels such as vandit, in trance we trust, manifesto tend to sound brighter with nicer highs, while others like kontor, id&t, and the older black hole stuff just don't sound as clear--muted, if you will...my emphasis on the lows--listen to ligaya on kontor, m diva--reachin out, darren tate--shine on id t, and even, to an extent, endless wave on black hole to see if you agree if possible..

perhaps different labels engineer different??? its definately more that and gain thing, and not bad mixing, i swear:toocool: :toocool:
Arsalan
quote:
Originally posted by mcdpitt
thanks for the help everyone...i'm using 1210's and the mixing is spot on, honestly:tongue2 :tongue2

its just that different labels have different sound qualities--at least i've noticed at home, that labels such as vandit, in trance we trust, manifesto tend to sound brighter with nicer highs, while others like kontor, id&t, and the older black hole stuff just don't sound as clear--muted, if you will...my emphasis on the lows--listen to ligaya on kontor, m diva--reachin out, darren tate--shine on id t, and even, to an extent, endless wave on black hole to see if you agree if possible..

perhaps different labels engineer different??? its definately more that and gain thing, and not bad mixing, i swear:toocool: :toocool:

turn the gain and the TREBLE up like some one stated, you could also use a bit more weight , that will prolly help.

as far as the record that you cant beatmatch goes, i have the same problem with rank 1 - such is life, for some reason it takes me forever to perfectly beatmatch and i end up playing with the pitch during the transition anyways.
nick_energy
i suggest ya dun countin de bpm for beatmatch,u can do easier way that pratice ya ears to beatmatch
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement